What goes on inside our owners' heads?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

Re: What goes on inside our owners' heads?

by Green » 27 Aug 2020 10:40

elrey
Old Man Andrews
elrey
This is typical Chinese business management decisions. They don't live in reality, they don't understand what they're doing.

They get some bright idea which is the worst idea ever, then they tell everyone to do it and be enthusiastic about it, and expect it to work.

In China you don't become successful because you're good at business per se. You become good because you know who to take to dinner, who to offer the right cigarettes, how to impress government officials, how to sweeten the deal. Nothing functions logically and they gt rich from it.

To be honest, seeing what's happening, the club is SCREWED. We'll be third division within five seasons and that's if we're lucky.

Calm down racist.

I've lived in China for 8 years, I work in China, my wife is Chinese. I've worked for many Chinese bosses and every single one of then has been SHIT.

I'm quitting my current job in 5 weeks because the new boss came in, and EVERY SINGLE LEGAL FOREIGN MEMBER OF STAFF will have left by October 1st. The boss tries to tell me how to do my job, but has no clue, he also can't do his management job, he hides somewhere else and is never seen by anyone who isn't high up management (in a small company).

I left my previous company because a new boss came in and EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF STAFF quit within 6 months. The company was empty, they had no one to do anything. They had a member of staff who was so successful and told her she had to do this, that and the other, when they didn't need to do anything, she could clearly do her job amazingly.

The job before that I left before that had the boss walk in while I was with loads of customers and started screaming and shouting at me in front of them and me, and she had no idea why she was screaming and shouting either.

So, before you tell people they're racists, maybe you need to ask yourself if you're making a complete and utter forking fool out of yourself.

I hate to be the one to say it, but maybe China isn't for you elrey.

elrey

by elrey » 27 Aug 2020 11:04

Green
elrey
Old Man Andrews Calm down racist.

I've lived in China for 8 years, I work in China, my wife is Chinese. I've worked for many Chinese bosses and every single one of then has been SHIT.

I'm quitting my current job in 5 weeks because the new boss came in, and EVERY SINGLE LEGAL FOREIGN MEMBER OF STAFF will have left by October 1st. The boss tries to tell me how to do my job, but has no clue, he also can't do his management job, he hides somewhere else and is never seen by anyone who isn't high up management (in a small company).

I left my previous company because a new boss came in and EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF STAFF quit within 6 months. The company was empty, they had no one to do anything. They had a member of staff who was so successful and told her she had to do this, that and the other, when they didn't need to do anything, she could clearly do her job amazingly.

The job before that I left before that had the boss walk in while I was with loads of customers and started screaming and shouting at me in front of them and me, and she had no idea why she was screaming and shouting either.

So, before you tell people they're racists, maybe you need to ask yourself if you're making a complete and utter forking fool out of yourself.

Great, getting life advice on a football forum. I think I'll pass on your advice though.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Aug 2020 11:46

Interesting Elrey.

My bro was a DJ in China, lived there for a while, pretty much only fancies Chinese girls and I lost count of the number of Chinese girlfriends of his I met. Lovely people. I even speak a bit thanks to him and the friends we have. I do like them. And adore the food.

I was going to say I have no idea about working with them though but the bit about the lady who went nuts reminded me of a time in England when a Chinese-looking (I have no idea if she was Chinese or from Hong Kong) went absolutely nuts at me in front of other staff and clients. She literally shouted, something I'd never seen before from anyone, ever. Totally scary and baffling. I don't think she knew exactly why she was shouting either. I just stood there and took it saying in my head "you absolute f**king psycho bitch what are you doing?"

Years later I heard she had a horrific car accident, barely survived but had to leave her career. My heart bleeds.

I don't put it down to her being Chinese though, more that she was just a cow, might have been upset abotu something else, who knows.

I don't care if you're black, brown, yellow - Orientals make very good workers, for example.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 27 Aug 2020 16:54

elrey
Green
elrey

Great, getting life advice on a football forum.

Where do you normally go, and how's that working out for you?

Just trying to save you another post where you have to TYPE OUT FRUSTRATIONS WITH YOUR SITUATION IN CAPS.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Aug 2020 21:19

elrey
Old Man Andrews
elrey
This is typical Chinese business management decisions. They don't live in reality, they don't understand what they're doing.

They get some bright idea which is the worst idea ever, then they tell everyone to do it and be enthusiastic about it, and expect it to work.

In China you don't become successful because you're good at business per se. You become good because you know who to take to dinner, who to offer the right cigarettes, how to impress government officials, how to sweeten the deal. Nothing functions logically and they gt rich from it.

To be honest, seeing what's happening, the club is SCREWED. We'll be third division within five seasons and that's if we're lucky.

Calm down racist.

Sounds like you are working in the wrong country

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Aug 2020 21:22

Millsy My guess is they want to turn the Madejski into a massive all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurant. I'm all for that.

Sounds good, at least you know you won’t be paying good money to be disappointed every time

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Aug 2020 22:03

In my chosen profession, jobs in China for the same role can pay up to 3x as much, but there is a reason for it. Not many decide to go out there, and those that do quickly return.

I spent 18 odd years in Hong Kong and so I naturally lean to a somewhat more anti-china persuasion but there is an ignorant, backward mentality about the mainland that not even all the child-labour-induced riches in the world can compensate for.

elrey

by elrey » 28 Aug 2020 01:27

Green
elrey
Green I hate to be the one to say it, but maybe China isn't for you elrey.

Great, getting life advice on a football forum.

Where do you normally go, and how's that working out for you?

Just trying to save you another post where you have to TYPE OUT FRUSTRATIONS WITH YOUR SITUATION IN CAPS.

You don't want to understand what's going on at the club, that's your problem.

People ask the question "What goes on inside our owners' heads?" and then someone actually gives some insight and it turns out no one actually wants information on what goes on inside the guy's head, they want to just bitch and moan independently of that. Fine, by all means go ahead, just don't criticize me for that.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 28 Aug 2020 07:18

Looks like it’s just a complete inability to understand how to run a business that is holding China back from becoming a major economic power in the world then....
Whether a couple of personal examples is enough to write off a country of a billion plus people as being absolute psycho’s I’m not sure.
I wonder if any other exiles can give similar accounts from their countries which show the entire middle management class are really bad at their job ?
I certainly worked with somereally, really poor British managers....

elrey

by elrey » 28 Aug 2020 07:20

CountryRoyal In my chosen profession, jobs in China for the same role can pay up to 3x as much, but there is a reason for it. Not many decide to go out there, and those that do quickly return.

I spent 18 odd years in Hong Kong and so I naturally lean to a somewhat more anti-china persuasion but there is an ignorant, backward mentality about the mainland that not even all the child-labour-induced riches in the world can compensate for.

The problem is China is following the US's lead on things, and the US learned from the UK.

The US criticizes China for so many things that the US is guilty of itself. From telling China to be democratic, when the US is far from democratic, to just about everything else.

elrey

by elrey » 28 Aug 2020 07:24

Nameless Looks like it’s just a complete inability to understand how to run a business that is holding China back from becoming a major economic power in the world then....
Whether a couple of personal examples is enough to write off a country of a billion plus people as being absolute psycho’s I’m not sure.
I wonder if any other exiles can give similar accounts from their countries which show the entire middle management class are really bad at their job ?
I certainly worked with somereally, really poor British managers....

You have to understand where China is. 45 years ago they got out of a major dictatorship which destroyed their country. If you look at the rise of Hong Kong compared to the rise of China, Hong Kong started post war to rebuild and become something, China was 30 years behind.

China hasn't had a recession since 1989, people I've worked for set up businesses and they just succeeded because every year the country grew. In the time I've been in China the economy has doubled. Mostly because Chinese people are avid business people. Where they lack the ability with man management and other things, they make up with sheer determination. And it worked, as long as there were new markets to explore. Mr Dai probably thought everything he touched turned to gold, but then football in the UK isn't like that.

And yes, I've worked with some poor British managers too. But in the UK there's an expectation that people should be good at management, that management includes man management, rather than the reverse in China which is that the boss is the emperor and everyone should do as they're told.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 28 Aug 2020 07:35

[code][/code]
elrey
Old Man Andrews
elrey

Calm down racist.

There is a common denominator in all of this

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2020 09:53

elrey
CountryRoyal In my chosen profession, jobs in China for the same role can pay up to 3x as much, but there is a reason for it. Not many decide to go out there, and those that do quickly return.

The problem is China is following the US's lead on things, and the US learned from the UK.

The US criticizes China for so many things that the US is guilty of itself. From telling China to be democratic, when the US is far from democratic, to just about everything else.

Not sure I agree with that at all and I think you have to be a bit more specific. It’s all well and good saying that the US is “far from democratic” in some philosophical-conspiratorial sense but fact of the matter is the US is democratic. China is not. It’s a different kettle of fish. No other country in the world that the west conducts so much business with has a much censorship, draconian laws and practises, lack of civil liberties and freedom, executions, cultural genocides etc etc. The list goes on. Don’t get me wrong, the US has its problems and I love the expression that it is a third world country wearing a Gucci belt, but in keeping with a similar analogy the China as we know it today is a turd lightly painted in gold.

If the West’s way was so bad then you wouldn’t have all the problems and protests in Hong Kong about Chinese involvement. They’ve seen the luxury of up until recently “true democracy and freedom“ and understandably they don’t want to give it up.

elrey

by elrey » 28 Aug 2020 10:42

CountryRoyal
elrey

Not sure I agree with that at all and I think you have to be a bit more specific. It’s all well and good saying that the US is “far from democratic” in some philosophical-conspiratorial sense but fact of the matter is the US is democratic. China is not. It’s a different kettle of fish. No other country in the world that the west conducts so much business with has a much censorship, draconian laws and practises, lack of civil liberties and freedom, executions, cultural genocides etc etc. The list goes on. Don’t get me wrong, the US has its problems and I love the expression that it is a third world country wearing a Gucci belt, but in keeping with a similar analogy the China as we know it today is a turd lightly painted in gold.

If the West’s way was so bad then you wouldn’t have all the problems and protests in Hong Kong about Chinese involvement. They’ve seen the luxury of up until recently “true democracy and freedom“ and understandably they don’t want to give it up.

The topic is a complex one and people are going to be able to pick and choose which facts and opinions they want to present their view.

The US presents a veneer of democracy. The reality is there are two viable political parties who gain 95%+ of the votes. I could give many examples of a lack of democracy, but I'll keep it brief.

You then have people like the Koch brothers (one who is now dead) and a few other multi-billionaires who spend a lot of money telling people what to think. Many of the representatives are people chosen for their willingness to comply with what these billionaires want.

The difference between that and China is that in China up and coming politicians have to go through exams and tests, they have to work their way up through the system. In the US a loudmouth can become president with no experience at all.

I'm not say the Chinese system doesn't have its faults, for it has many faults, has lots of corruption, but then so too does the US. China has gone from utter poverty in 1976, to being a pretty well off country right now with a decent standard of living. Compare that to India, independence in 1948, and still they're way, WAY behind China. That's the difference democracy can have. It can hold countries back from making the right decisions for progress.

Lots of arguments could happen too and fro. I'd bet the Chinese have killed or got killed a lot less people than the Americans to get what they want in the past 20 years.

We could look to the future, quantum computers are going to enslave us. The Chinese will be the first, collecting data on everything. Where you go, what you spend, what you say. And many other countries will desire this and implement it, probably the UK will too. But then again the internet age was supposed to open up new information, move humanity up the evolutionary ladder, and all we use it for it slapping each other around. Politics is becoming a manipulator's dream.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Aug 2020 10:49

Shit. Didn't intend to kick off a geopolitical debate.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2020 11:46

Is one of the more random tangents on the TB

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Aug 2020 11:47

Hound Is one of the more random tangents on the TB

tbf it is better content than normal for the TB....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2020 11:52

Old Man Andrews

You say that but AE is dire atm. Give me the TB any day

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Aug 2020 11:54

Hound
Old Man Andrews

Jeez thats bleak.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2020 11:56

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews tbf it is better content than normal for the TB....

Jeez thats bleak.....

That’s where we’re at sadly