CONFIMRED - Veljko Paunović

434 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: (Soon to be) CONFIMRED - some kind of Serbian bloke

by CountryRoyal » 26 Aug 2020 14:22

It really is only a matter of time until we are relegated. Shambles.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Aug 2020 14:27

CountryRoyal It really is only a matter of time until we are relegated. Shambles.

I don't know if it's true but my mate says because we're in the royal county relegation can't apply to us.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2020 14:28

CountryRoyal It really is only a matter of time until we are relegated. Shambles.

It’s only a matter time before every club in the league gets relegated bar the odd exception.....
Luckily it also tends to only be a matter of time before clubs get promoted again.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 26 Aug 2020 14:28

Yep. Question is, will we get promoted first?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 26 Aug 2020 14:34

Is anyone else wondering why they waste so much energy following Reading right now? It’s just deflating isn’t it!

Do we need 6-8 signings? The last thing we need is lots of players trying to bed in. Of course we need to improve the squad but 4 would be sensible. The starting team on Saturday was promising & I’d like to see us build on that.

But we waste a lot of time on here debating transfers & formations, when we literally have no idea what direction the club is going in lol

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2020 14:39

Notts Royal Is anyone else wondering why they waste so much energy following Reading right now? It’s just deflating isn’t it!

Do we need 6-8 signings? The last thing we need is lots of players trying to bed in. Of course we need to improve the squad but 4 would be sensible. The starting team on Saturday was promising & I’d like to see us build on that.

But we waste a lot of time on here debating transfers & formations, when we literally have no idea what direction the club is going in lol

It’s really no different debatingbtransfers now than it has ever been.
We have no idea, the club never signs anyone that gets flagged up on here as ‘ideal’ and ITK posters who get scoops are rarer than manager’s celebrating a full season in charge.
It would actually be more boring if we had a squad of 20, picked the same starting eleven each week and played consistently for 46 games finishing 8th every year.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 26 Aug 2020 14:58

Nameless
Notts Royal Is anyone else wondering why they waste so much energy following Reading right now? It’s just deflating isn’t it!

It’s really no different debatingbtransfers now than it has ever been.
We have no idea, the club never signs anyone that gets flagged up on here as ‘ideal’ and ITK posters who get scoops are rarer than manager’s celebrating a full season in charge.
It would actually be more boring if we had a squad of 20, picked the same starting eleven each week and played consistently for 46 games finishing 8th every year.

It may be more boring, but unfortunately (or fortunately as I see it) picking the same side each week with a smaller close-knit squad tends to be the strategy that the successful teams in this league are built on. Leeds, Brentford last season, our 05/06 team. That team took years of building. There were a few additions who became 1st team regulars, but it wasn’t a wholesale change. That tends to be the key to success.

But who cares, Dai wants to dice with death instead and we’ll remain bottom half, rather than building each season

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: (Soon to be) CONFIMRED - Aleksandar Stanojević

by Forbury Lion » 26 Aug 2020 15:13

Ranty McRantface I would be disappointed with Bowen if he accepted this. If he really wants to be a manager he should refuse the Dai's offer and find a job elsewhere to be a football manager.
Based in our recent history, he probably see's it as a temporary measure for a few months until the next manager gets sacked.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Aug 2020 15:33

I’m very confused by this. Please can someone clarify which manager or nobbers cock Genome doesn’t mind having close to him? That should give credence to who our new manager will be.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Aug 2020 15:47

Sutekh he is a fan if the possession game

If you've the quality in the squad fine. A mid table Championship side that's struggling to create enough good chances in a game. Nah. Regressive step given what we've had to ensure the past few seasons. The crowd will simply continue to dwindle. Sheffield United are an example of how to build a team in the lower leagues and achieve success.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 26 Aug 2020 16:11

possession football is shit

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 26 Aug 2020 16:18

If this wasn't our club that is a laughing stock it would be funny, if you think of our fall from grace since JM sold out to the Russian con man it's quite shocking. In a way it's a shame we don't have a smaller ground as our place is going to be half empty and souless for years to come. I'll probably get abused and told good riddance, but after thirty five unbroken years as a season ticket holder I'm done with the club. I'll still watch them probably more away than home, but I've had it with this current lot from top to bottom , it's rotten to the core, with the exception on Kingsley Royal.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Aug 2020 17:17

Gunny Fishcake If this wasn't our club that is a laughing stock it would be funny, if you think of our fall from grace since JM sold out to the Russian con man it's quite shocking. In a way it's a shame we don't have a smaller ground as our place is going to be half empty and souless for years to come. I'll probably get abused and told good riddance, but after thirty five unbroken years as a season ticket holder I'm done with the club. I'll still watch them probably more away than home, but I've had it with this current lot from top to bottom , it's rotten to the core, with the exception on Kingsley Royal.

I wish you all the best. Take care.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Aug 2020 17:27

Gunny Fishcake If this wasn't our club that is a laughing stock it would be funny, if you think of our fall from grace since JM sold out to the Russian con man it's quite shocking. In a way it's a shame we don't have a smaller ground as our place is going to be half empty and souless for years to come. I'll probably get abused and told good riddance, but after thirty five unbroken years as a season ticket holder I'm done with the club. I'll still watch them probably more away than home, but I've had it with this current lot from top to bottom , it's rotten to the core, with the exception on Kingsley Royal.

TBH there are those sexual assault allegations against Kingsley so you can probably throw him in with the rest of them.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 26 Aug 2020 17:29

We are a laughing stock ?
I bet literally no one else has any interest

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Aug 2020 17:51

Maneki Neko The ability of Reading to play possession football is shit

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 26 Aug 2020 17:56

The term "More money than sense" really does apply to out management and owners doesn't it? "Sense" of course in the footballing terms.

I mean if any of us here owned a football club how many of us really would have made the same mistake again and again in appointing managers and players contracts.. I just don't know how we manage it.
It's almost as if they don't want us to have success.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Aug 2020 18:03

Ascotexgunner The term "More money than sense" really does apply to out management and owners doesn't it? "Sense" of course in the footballing terms.

I mean if any of us here owned a football club how many of us really would have made the same mistake again and again in appointing managers and players contracts.. I just don't know how we manage it.
It's almost as if they don't want us to have success.

Nothing has happened yet. Hope you're wearing a nappy, you're wetting yourself quite often.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Aug 2020 18:06

Hound
From Despair To Where? Is there actually any substance in the rumours of Bowen moving upstairs other than a few local journos spaffing about on Twitter?

Bowen's done an OK job as manager and I think he's good for the club so actually seeing him move to a role with a bit more job security wouldn't be a to bad as long as we replaced him with someone with a bit of nous.

One thing for sure though, the level of clarity and communication from the club is appalling.

tbf, don't know why they should be giving us a running commentary of what they are doing. They gave the news about Howe.

Sure they'll announce it as soon as its all sorted.

No, but they could make a statement clarifying Howe's move and confirming that Bowen is moving upstairs to work as DoF or Sporting Director alongside a new, as yet unappointed first team head coach. I appreciate it's probably lip service but it would knock all the conjecture and bullshit on social media on the head. Some clarification would be helpful because the majority of fans seem bemused and pissed off and that doesn't reflect well on them.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 26 Aug 2020 18:08, edited 2 times in total.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Aug 2020 18:06

Millsy I think the team should be managed by HNA via polls.

8)

434 posts