CONFIMRED - Veljko Paunović

434 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: CONFIMRED - Veljko Paunović

by Old Man Andrews » 04 Sep 2020 12:42

Snowball That’s because Wales and Scotland are putting lives first, whereas Tory England is a failed Neoliberal State run by a moron

Keep politics off the team board :roll:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2020 12:45

URZZZZ
3points
URZZZZ
Personally thought McShane struggled quite a bit in the second season but can’t remember it fully

I do remember he picked up an injury Jan 18 ish though and I don’t think he ever recovered past that. He seemed injury prone last year for Rochdale too, expect to see him retire soon
withiut knowing the stats, my recollection was that McShane missed a lot of games through injury and we effectively lost the spine of the team which had been so massively important in Stam’s first season.

From what I recall, out of Stam’s preferred XI in the playoff season, only three were regulars the next season, some because of injuries, a couple left and a couple were frozen out a bit

Beerens was weird. Good player, Stam stuck him upfront in a role he was totally unsuited for and then randomly decided he was shit and shipped him out when he didn't do well there.

Stam2 was a little like CoppellPL2. Some crucial players left or declined and recruitment was really badly managed for their replacements.

Didn't we have one right back that season, who we had to play at LB because Obita got injured, Stam wrecked Blackett and Richards wasn't ready. So we ended up playing our replacement for Williams at RB half the season.

And Kermie was supposed to retire but stayed on to lead the line for one more season despite having been badly crocked.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Sep 2020 00:01

Snowflake Royal
URZZZZ
3points withiut knowing the stats, my recollection was that McShane missed a lot of games through injury and we effectively lost the spine of the team which had been so massively important in Stam’s first season.

From what I recall, out of Stam’s preferred XI in the playoff season, only three were regulars the next season, some because of injuries, a couple left and a couple were frozen out a bit

Beerens was weird. Good player, Stam stuck him upfront in a role he was totally unsuited for and then randomly decided he was shit and shipped him out when he didn't do well there.

Stam2 was a little like CoppellPL2. Some crucial players left or declined and recruitment was really badly managed for their replacements.

Didn't we have one right back that season, who we had to play at LB because Obita got injured, Stam wrecked Blackett and Richards wasn't ready. So we ended up playing our replacement for Williams at RB half the season.

And Kermie was supposed to retire but stayed on to lead the line for one more season despite having been badly crocked.

Thing is, in isolation, some of the signings we made weren’t disastrous. Bod, Bacuna, Barrow, Edwards up until about Christmas, Mannone all contributed something that season, albeit not enough. Certainly not Greg Halford or Emerse Fae level anyway, I think the main problem was that the players didn’t understand their roles

Only had one right back but considering Gunter rarely got injured or suspended, wasn’t too much of a risk at the time. Ironic that he played better at LB I guess

Think you’re slightly off with Yann, he signed a contract extension during 17/18 to stay for the 18/19 season but it didn’t matter regardless because Clement got rid of him anyway

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 06 Sep 2020 09:26

Slightly off topic but I remember when BMac signed Kermie most on here including myself were well and truly underwhelmed and he turned out to be one of my all time favorite players, much like Ian Harte.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 06 Sep 2020 12:08

Old Man Andrews
Snowball That’s because Wales and Scotland are putting lives first, whereas Tory England is a failed Neoliberal State run by a moron

What on earth is happening in this world? I agree with OMA for once.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Sep 2020 13:08

The Royal Forester
Old Man Andrews

What on earth is happening in this world? I agree with OMA for once.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 06 Sep 2020 13:58

LightwaterRoyal Slightly off topic but I remember when BMac signed Kermie most on here including myself were well and truly underwhelmed and he turned out to be one of my all time favorite players, much like Ian Harte.

Bomo got rid of him after he returned to training massively overweight. If you remember he was pretty dire to start but once he lost the weight he was a different player

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Jan 2022 22:06

Wonder how it’ll work out? Think we should give him a chance.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Jan 2022 22:12

Sutekh Wonder how it’ll work out? Think we should give him a chance.

Na I reckon it won’t work out

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Jan 2022 13:37

SouthDownsRoyal

He's actually been here a while already and he hasn't done that well, if I'm honest.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 20 Jan 2022 14:18

Millsy
SouthDownsRoyal

He's actually been here a while already and he hasn't done that well, if I'm honest.

Yes, I noticed that. I wonder if there may be talk of replacing him?

biff

by biff » 20 Jan 2022 15:01

McDermolenko As now being reported by GetReading:

Mark Bowen will be moving back into a boardroom role at the club.

Serbian coach Aleksandar Stanojević will be coming in as the new Reading manager.

The players have been told not to come to training tomorrow and will be flying to Portugal this coming Friday for a 10-day training camp ahead of this season (presumably to meet the new manager without quarantine required).

SOURCE: https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... r-18823130

Who?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Jan 2022 06:46

biff

Serbian coach Aleksandar Stanojević will be coming in as the new Reading manager.

Who?

According to Wiki Aleksandar Stanojevic has won 58 of the 74 league games (7 lost) he’s had since taking over at Partizan in 2020.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 21 Jan 2022 13:05

Sutekh
biff

Who?

According to Wiki Aleksandar Stanojevic has won 58 of the 74 league games (7 lost) he’s had since taking over at Partizan in 2020.

sign him up

434 posts