Hob Nob Regular

Re: Any updates?

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Dec 2020 17:57

Snowball
seahawk10
Snowball

SOURCE?

I find the above figures laughable.

But whether they are or not you need to look at "LONG-Covid" which is a biological time-bomb.

I'm a sufferer and it is utter, utter shit. I showed my first symptoms of Covid March 4th, and I am STILL very unwell. I was in hospital Thursday.

I have had half a dozen blood tests, three XRays, ECGs, a walk-test, A lung-function test, and echogram of my heart to check for valve damage etc etc

Covid is hitting YOUNG FIT people too, and in a big way. It is particularly bad for sportsman and active people who think they are over Covid and go back to training.

The pattern is(for those not getting seriously ill/dying first pass)

Get Covid be sick for 3-20 days
Figure you're a bit off, but "that's just getting over Covid" 1-4 weeks.
Hey I'm better
Start working out again.
Around three months from original infection - CRASH!

Before I got got Covid I alternated days. Day 1 was usually a 10-mile walk, Day 2 a 2-5 mile run, with walking to top up my steps.
In early March when I was in Sicily I went up Etna and averaged 21,000 steps a day.

NOW?

I still cannot run at all, not 100 yards. I have joint pains, bone pains, muscle pains, stupefying cramps, headaches, breathlessness, brain-fog, slurred speech (occasionally) horrible spots, bleeds, random shooting pains, chest pains, difficulty expanding my chest, chronic insomnia, the most extreme dreams in my life, taste issue, smelling things that aren't there, visual disturbances.

I am totally oxf*rd. After eight months.

There is no way on this planet I could do a typical 40-Hour working week.

And I've seen estimates as high as 15% , that is up to 15% of people contracting Covid are getting Long-Covid, and, so far, there is NO treatment.

We will probably reach 2 Million, maybe 3 million officially infected... that will mean up to half-0a-million people, those who LIVE, barely able to function

And now Snowball hasn't been active at all on this portal five days after this post. Does anyone know Snowball off HNA that could check on him in a non-intrusive way? I am seriously worried about him. He did a lot in the way of statistics for this board and I found his opinions very interesting. He seemed to have a pulse on the way the club was heading with his accurate predictions in the contest he ran.

If anyone knows how he is doing please post here when you can.

Thanks for that, Seahawk.

Sod's law I should have Covid, then Long Covid, post on LC and then disappear!

PS for those querying Covid.

I had Hong Kong Flu when in the RAF, was pretty rough, managed to faint but we were all isolated in one block. The worst day of HK Flu was like one of the easiest days of Covid. Covid-19 is the worst I have felt EVER and by a very long way (and I include Hepatitis in the 70s where I lost 2.5 stone in two weeks).

But Covid is EASY compared to Long Covid.

I would take Covid three times rather than the horrendous, dragged out misery of Long Covid, especially as, for the first three months they were saying "It's anxiety", "You look OK, you're not ill" "Grow a pair" "You're imagining it" (etc)

Long Covid is HUGE. There are multiple Facebook Groups with 20-30-40,000 in, many desperate, a fair few suicidal. If current estimates of how many get LC we could easily end up with a half a million being sick for up to a year.

It's insane this isn't spoken about more. You have so many morons saying "it's fine only the old die" which is disgusting in itself but completely misses the other impacts of the virus on the wider population.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Dec 2020 18:48

Forbury Lion Who is this andrew1957 - We don't even know his name or how old he is?

Ok I will fess up. I am really called Colin and was born in 1956 and I also post on here as Jagermesiter as I love to have an argument with myself. My inability to spell also means that I mix up my Jagermesiters with my Jagermeisters.

Come on URZZZZZZZZZ tonight.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 17 Dec 2020 08:24

andrew1957 Come on URZZZZZZZZZ tonight.

How did it go?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Dec 2020 11:35

Simmops
Forbury Lion Who is this andrew1957 - We don't even know his name or how old he is?

Have you always been this hilarious Forbs?
Yes.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 17 Dec 2020 11:38

andrew1957 Come on URZZZZZZZZZ tonight.
In a Reading accent, that sounds like a threat involving my arse :shock:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Dec 2020 20:51

andrew1957

Ok I will fess up. I am really called Colin and was born in 1956 and I also post on here as Jagermesiter as I love to have an argument with myself. My inability to spell also means that I mix up my Jagermesiters with my Jagermeisters.

Andrew what are your thoughts now that Sweden's rulers admit that not locking down was an abject failure?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Dec 2020 23:08

Jagermesiter1871
andrew1957

Andrew what are your thoughts now that Sweden's rulers admit that not locking down was an abject failure?

oxf*rd sake man. Take it to PM or AE.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Dec 2020 23:09

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
andrew1957

No not AE

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 17 Dec 2020 23:31

Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871
andrew1957

Move the thread. This thread hardly belongs in the The Team forum but ultimately who gives a shit? It's a forum.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 18 Dec 2020 06:29

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
Jagermesiter1871

Move the thread. This thread hardly belongs in the The Team forum but ultimately who gives a shit? It's a forum.

Mate, all I’m trying to do is get a few updates on the state of the team since the appointment of the new manager, as I’ve not been along in a few years. Sorry if you don’t think that’s appropriate for the TEAM forum.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Dec 2020 11:40

Sebastian the Red
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal oxf*rd sake man. Take it to PM or AE.

Mate, all I’m trying to do is get a few updates on the state of the team since the appointment of the new manager, as I’ve not been along in a few years. Sorry if you don’t think that’s appropriate for the TEAM forum.

Sorry Seb but this thread has now morphed into a Q&A with Tinfoil Andy.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 18 Dec 2020 13:35

Why should we surrender to him, or indeed anyone else? That's what they want us to do. If we plod on regardless, refusing to change our way of life in the face of this existential threat, then we will ultimately win. If we move this thread to AE, we have lost the battle for the soul of the team board.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Dec 2020 14:16

:lol: now i understand your avatar.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 18 Dec 2020 14:23

Sebastian the Red Why should we surrender to him, or indeed anyone else? That's what they want us to do. If we plod on regardless, refusing to change our way of life in the face of this existential threat, then we will ultimately win. If we move this thread to AE, we have lost the battle for the soul of the team board.

Indeed I am with Seb.

In any case I have now put on my tinfoil hat and I am on my way to my prepper bunker for a lonely Christmas all by myself in the woods - which is stuffed with enough food and water to see off any number of apocalypse events. Better to be prepared 5 years early than one day late as they say. And so sadly I must now suspend my spat with myself (sorry I mean Jagermesiter) as I need to polish my gun and knife collection.

Anyway a good Christmas to one and all.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 18 Dec 2020 14:52

Jagermesiter1871 :lol: now i understand your avatar.

:lol:

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 18 Dec 2020 15:17

andrew1957
Sebastian the Red Why should we surrender to him, or indeed anyone else? That's what they want us to do. If we plod on regardless, refusing to change our way of life in the face of this existential threat, then we will ultimately win. If we move this thread to AE, we have lost the battle for the soul of the team board.

Indeed I am with Seb.

In any case I have now put on my tinfoil hat and I am on my way to my prepper bunker for a lonely Christmas all by myself in the woods - which is stuffed with enough food and water to see off any number of apocalypse events. Better to be prepared 5 years early than one day late as they say. And so sadly I must now suspend my spat with myself (sorry I mean Jagermesiter) as I need to polish my gun and knife collection.

Anyway a good Christmas to one and all.

Have a good one Andrew.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 07 Nov 2021 20:39

Evening everyone, how's it all going?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Nov 2021 21:54

Sebastian the Red Evening everyone, how's it all going?

Hey Seb, good to see you. Same as always.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 08 Nov 2021 17:32

Hi Seb, I crawled out of my doomsday bunker a few weeks back to find the world a different place. Barely a COVID mask in sight at Tesco despite the fact that the vaccines don’t stop you catching COVID or stop you from spreading COVID and that 1 in 50 are now estimated to have had it last week. Sweden’s death toll turned out to be less than ours proportionately to the population, despite no lockdowns and so one wonders what all the fuss was about.
Am now stocking up for another winter in the bunker to avoid the risk of covid as I don’t want to catch it only to find the NHS have got overwhelmed again and cannot help me. I will have my radio with me though so will be able to follow the continuing misfortunes and points deductions of RFC.
Happy apocalypse to you all.

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 08 Jan 2022 17:31

Snowflake Royal

Hey Seb, good to see you. Same as always.

Just saw this. Who are you?

141 posts