12%
Ian Royal
9%

Total votes: 148
royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Veljko Paunović - Whelmgauge

by royalp-we » 08 Sep 2020 21:47

Snowflake Royal Interview with old Velcro up on the youtubes.

Not exactly Jose Gomes in the silky communication stakes, but came across as genuinely quite excited at being at such an old club, which is sweet. Enthusiastic about the town and job. Some of the usual cliches as you'd expect.

Seems a bit quiet and understated for a leader. Very laid back communication style. Someone I'd probably enjoy having a quiet pint with.

Silky communication from Gomes :lol: he waffled and stumbled his way through interviews. Don’t know how he communicated concisely with players.

Like you say usual cliches, but in my opinion seems focussed on the task in hand and getting to grips with the squad, rather than setting unrealistic expectations that we’ve heard from other managers from recent times.

I think we’ve got a good little coaching set up here.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Sep 2020 22:08

morganb There's even a photo of him holding a scarf doing the rounds:

https://twitter.com/RFCLatest/status/13 ... 02726?s=20

Lovely to see.
This guy knows how to arrive in style.....

Serbianfootyfan

by Serbianfootyfan » 08 Sep 2020 22:32

I'm an English football fan from Serbia. I mostly watch Premier League football, but I also watch Championship if there is a Serbian player/coach in some team. So naturally, I'll watch every Reading game that's televised here. As for Paunovic, I have to say that he's an excellent coach. Don't believe everything those Chicago fans tell you, Americans know nothing about football. He was superb for our youth teams and in that memorable World Cup final we beat Brazil that had Gabriel Jesus, Malcom, Andreas Pereira, etc. In Chicago he started really well but then he started to lose some of his key players and the results dropped. He couldn't have possibly been expected to win MLS or something like that as his team was pretty much the only team that didn't have a superstar(I don't count 35 year old almost immobile Schweinsteiger). If you have any questions about him/his style of play or anything like that, feel free to ask, I'd be more than happy to answer. Also I would like to recommend you some Serbian players that you could sign, so I would appreciate if someone told me in which position you need strengthening so I know what players to recommend. Of course if you'd be interested in that. I'm looking forward to watching your great club this season and hopefully the results will be great this season too. Onwards and upwards!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Sep 2020 07:39

morganb There's even a photo of him holding a scarf doing the rounds:

https://twitter.com/RFCLatest/status/13 ... 02726?s=20

And full interview here (including scarf).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3k9XKauyxI

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Sep 2020 08:55

Nameless
AthleticoSpizz Gilksey?

He's not first team, he runs the Academy
I thought it had already been announced that Niedzwicki would be leaving, not surprising seeing he was a Bowen man. O'Shea is a club man, hard to see why he would go. Seems very impressive

Agreed, O'Shea seems to be a good influence and provides some continuity.

I think Fortune is a decent appointment as well. Good experience at U23's, had played alongside the manager and played alongside O'Shea and has spent most of his playing career at big clubs without ever really being a star player so hopefully his insight is a bit more relateable to our players.

The Green Programme

by The Green Programme » 09 Sep 2020 11:18

The new manager may be highly successful.

He has had success as a coach and as a player.

Serbia Under20s success does not compare with England’s youngsters; just consider the pool of talent and the money and resources behind England (and Brazil who they beat in the final) compared to Serbia??

In his first interview our Manager
shows his intelligence and eloquence and I don’t think he’ll accept any crap from anyone.

Let’s face it, with the exception of five or six players and perhaps five or six matches a season; the team have been overpaid, inconsistent and mediocre for over three years.

Instead of just accepting mediocrity, our owners are investing money, holding on to our best players and showing that they are ruthless.

The only thing that matters in professional sport is results.

Ours have been crap.

We needed change; and it has come and that is a good thing.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Sep 2020 10:52

Old Man Andrews
SouthDownsRoyal
Old Man Andrews Paunović out of quarantine today, hopefully we hear from him and get an idea on any potential incomings.

Old Man Andrews Why do we need to hear anything from the new manager? I would much rather he was working with the players than talking to a bunch of idiotic supporters.

That was when he first took over, thicko. He has been at the club enough time now to give us his views on the squad and aims going forward.

Idiot.

Well, he seems a decent guy, says the right things but then all new managers use the same slogans and statements, they just replace the name of the club.

Having watched the YouTube interview someone needs to tell him Reading isn’t a city.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Sep 2020 11:24

SouthDownsRoyal
Old Man Andrews
SouthDownsRoyal

That was when he first took over, thicko. He has been at the club enough time now to give us his views on the squad and aims going forward.

Idiot.

Well, he seems a decent guy, says the right things but then all new managers use the same slogans and statements, they just replace the name of the club.

Having watched the YouTube interview someone needs to tell him Reading isn’t a city.

That's one of his season targets. Back where we belong.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 10 Sep 2020 11:37

leon
SouthDownsRoyal
Old Man Andrews That was when he first took over, thicko. He has been at the club enough time now to give us his views on the squad and aims going forward.

Idiot.

That's one of his season targets. Back where we belong.

Hopefully he teams up with Andrew Peach, get some real momentum

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Sep 2020 11:39

I'll start work on the cathederal.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Sep 2020 11:41

Old Man Andrews I'll start work on the cathederal.

Keep an eye out for visitors from Russia

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 10 Sep 2020 11:55

If enough people say we are a city then that’s what we are !
Would be a shame to lose our status as the UK’s biggest town though...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Sep 2020 12:56

Nameless If enough people say we are a city then that’s what we are !

Ahhh, a very Pratchettian view of reality.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 10 Sep 2020 13:16

Snowflake Royal
Nameless If enough people say we are a city then that’s what we are !

Ahhh, a very Pratchettian view of reality.

You love to see it.

Arnie_Pie
Hob Nob Regular

by Arnie_Pie » 09 Oct 2020 22:12

Should re run this now. I know we're only 4 games in but I am very impressed by the man regardless of the great results. He's got a good aura about him and seems very intelligent.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Oct 2020 23:46

Arnie_Pie Should re run this now. I know we're only 4 games in but I am very impressed by the man regardless of the great results. He's got a good aura about him and seems very intelligent.

After 12 games. Fine margins between success and failure.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 10 Oct 2020 05:29

We have 7 league games coming up with no more than 3 days rest between them. If we're still in a strong position after November 7 I think we can unequivocally call this a successful managerial appointment.

I've been impressed with him from day one and I hope he succeeds with us. Looking at the next seven fixtures, if we rotate well I think there's a solid opportunity to hold a top 2 place going into the November break. We should be targeting 15 points minimum.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Oct 2020 08:48

The International break might do damage to our momentum, but hopefully not.

If we can get points at Boro and keep the run going, it will be immense.

Win at Boro and I may have to sit down

But we need 3-4 more CBS...

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 10 Oct 2020 09:43

alfie9 We have 7 league games coming up with no more than 3 days rest between them. If we're still in a strong position after November 7 I think we can unequivocally call this a successful managerial appointment.

I've been impressed with him from day one and I hope he succeeds with us. Looking at the next seven fixtures, if we rotate well I think there's a solid opportunity to hold a top 2 place going into the November break. We should be targeting 15 points minimum.

Certainly appears like some winnable games in the next seven (or certainly games we need to win if we are promotion candidates)

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 10 Oct 2020 09:57

SouthDownsRoyal
alfie9 We have 7 league games coming up with no more than 3 days rest between them. If we're still in a strong position after November 7 I think we can unequivocally call this a successful managerial appointment.

Certainly appears like some winnable games in the next seven (or certainly games we need to win if we are promotion candidates)

I’ve only just looked at the next 7. Wycombe, Rotherham, Coventry we need to be picking up max points. Then a few points from Boro, Blackburn, Preston & Stoke should see us in a strong position prior to the crazy Xmas run of fixtures.

242 posts