MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Dean Morgan

248 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Dean Morgan

by SCIAG » 15 Sep 2020 20:37

Snowball For me the problem was not Aluko (he had a very solid game) but the
front three as unit were dire and looked like they didn't want to be there.

As long as he plays at this standard, Aluko deserves to be on the bench in the league

There was enough going into the box to think each one of them
should have had at least one shot on target

I'd like to see the stats but I suspect we had the ball in the box
at least much as Luton did. Weren't all their shots long-shots?

I thought we looked like a 4-2-3-1, with Aluko as much part of the attack as Baldock or McNulty and equally culpable for both our lack of creativity and cutting edge. You expect more from your senior players in matches like that.

Think we only really had two chances - McIntyre failing to tap in from a few yards, and then Sackey’s weird cross-shot.

We need to have either Aluko or Baldock on the bench. Neither did enough to justify it today. On past performances I’d probably go with Baldock.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Sep 2020 20:39

Baldock, Puscas and McNulty all decent strikers in a certain system

Not sure this is the right one, they need service and crosses into the box which doesn’t happen enough here, makes then slightly redundant

Going to be the same story as last season if Joao picks up an injury

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2020 20:43

South Coast Royal Neutral reporter on Sky said that we weren't threatening at all.
Bang goes the theory that youngsters and fringe players will give their all to put forward their case for first team consideration.

A wasted opportunity to get some TV money from the next round at a time when money is supposedly in very short supply.

All the stuff about protecting players and keeping them fresh is bollocks IMHO-more injuries happen in training that in matches and players love to play.

Momentum in sport should not be underestimated.

And that result and performance have done nothing to reduce our momentum.
It was a totally different team, the first teamwon’t have had their confidence ended by a defeat any more than they would have gained significantly from a victory.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 20:43

URZZZZ Baldock, Puscas and McNulty all decent strikers in a certain system

Not sure this is the right one, they need service and crosses into the box which doesn’t happen enough here, makes then slightly redundant

This is why we need another GOOD striker, but on the Mendes thread everyone was shitting it saying "it's not a priority position".

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 15 Sep 2020 20:44

What a waste of a tenner. I never get this 11 changes I remember going to Peterborough Atkins did the same lost 6-0 could have been 10! This shows how poor the squad is even Luton’s 2nd team outplayed us. How much did we spend on Aluko, Puscas and McNulty? 10-15 million? All three were useless again. Not the managers fault we are stuck with these clowns. But who in there right mind would take them off our hands? Safe to say the honeymoon is over.......

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 20:45

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal Neutral reporter on Sky said that we weren't threatening at all.
Bang goes the theory that youngsters and fringe players will give their all to put forward their case for first team consideration.

A wasted opportunity to get some TV money from the next round at a time when money is supposedly in very short supply.

All the stuff about protecting players and keeping them fresh is bollocks IMHO-more injuries happen in training that in matches and players love to play.

:lol:

Awful, awful opinion and ridiculous comments.

Rare +1 with OMA.

Bizzare post. If you watched you'd have seen there was no lack of effort from anyone, certainly not least the "young fringe players", who overall were the better performers on the day.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Sep 2020 20:46

Nameless

And that result and performance have done nothing to reduce our momentum.
It was a totally different team, the first teamwon’t have had their confidence ended by a defeat any more than they would have gained significantly from a victory.
yes, but it has just shown how pitiful we are in reserve.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Sep 2020 20:46

Jackson Corner What a waste of a tenner. I never get this 11 changes I remember going to Peterborough Atkins did the same lost 6-0 could have been 10! This shows how poor the squad is even Luton’s 2nd team outplayed us. How much did we spend on Aluko, Puscas and McNulty? 10-15 million? All three were useless again. Not the managers fault we are stuck with these clowns. But who in there right mind would take them off our hands? Safe to say the honeymoon is over.......

Jesus oxf*rd christ.

You're not serious are you?

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Sep 2020 20:50

This has made things a bit obvious about depth. I am probably about the only one that is not disappointed with what happened tonight it was a useful exercise to see who could step up if needed. Best practice is to have 2 players for each position for competition these are the players who are there and could step up in my view. ( I know you won’t all agree)
GK Rafael. Southwood
LB Richards, Bristow
RB Yiadom, Araruna
CB Moore, McIntyre
CB Morrison, Holmes
CM Rinhomota , Tetek
CM Laurent, ??
LAM Meite, ??
ACM Swift, Ejaria
RAM Olise, ??
CF Joao, Puscas, ??

There is the gaps that need to be filled I have put 3 at CF and if Baldock was to stay as third choice CF hey ho.

For the rest
Aluko could be used as a squad player if needed to fill a gap in the AM 3 he does work hard if nothing else.
McNulty - does not want to play for Reading, is a league too high and would be best for all for him to go.
Watson - may not be finished but needs another loan.
Walker - now understandably third choice yet again league 1 is his level.

So fill the gaps I think we would be good for the new season. The youngsters did well tonight and a couple I have added to the squad as being dependable to fill a gap.
One thing that was proven tonight is playing 2 xCF in a creative roll doesn’t work and shoe-horning a RB into CM also doesn’t work. But he had to as he had no second choices that could play there.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 20:53

Jackson Corner What a waste of a tenner. I never get this 11 changes I remember going to Peterborough Atkins did the same lost 6-0 could have been 10! This shows how poor the squad is even Luton’s 2nd team outplayed us. How much did we spend on Aluko, Puscas and McNulty? 10-15 million? All three were useless again. Not the managers fault we are stuck with these clowns. But who in there right mind would take them off our hands? Safe to say the honeymoon is over.......

What were you honestly hoping for when you parted with your £10?? Good lord.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 20:54

Tim Dellor already blaming the manager..... Has anyone seen Ian Royal and Tim Dellor in the same place at the same time?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Sep 2020 20:54

Not sure I’ve ever been less bothered about to the result

Anyway, good to hear Holmes had a decent day. Be useful as back up. Araruna likewise

Probably last chance for McNulty and possibly Baldock. Expect to see them shipped out in the next couple of weeks

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 15 Sep 2020 20:56

CountryRoyal

Jesus oxf*rd christ.

You're not serious are you?

So much oxf*rd bed wetting and crying going on, it is a joke.

This is the carabao oxf*rd cup. No team wants to win it. We have the chance to make a great run in the league, probably better then the last few seasons. Let's oxf*rd the cups and try go up

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 15 Sep 2020 20:57

South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews

:lol:

Awful, awful opinion and ridiculous comments.

Care to elaborate?

On second thoughts, go to bed and get ready for work tomorrow you obnoxious brat-leave the rest of us in peace.

Seriously, just block him. Works for me - The only time I see his oxf*rd responses are when people to reply to him, so please spare us a thought and block him too!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 20:58

Hound Not sure I’ve ever been less bothered about to the result

Anyway, good to hear Holmes had a decent day. Be useful as back up. Araruna likewise

Probably last chance for McNulty and possibly Baldock. Expect to see them shipped out in the next couple of weeks

To where though? Who is going to pay them anywhere near what they earn currently? Going to be hard to shift them I reckon.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Sep 2020 21:02

Old Man Andrews Tim Dellor already blaming the manager..... Has anyone seen Ian Royal and Tim Dellor in the same place at the same time?

Wasn't a convincing post match interview. Stamesque in nature.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Sep 2020 21:08

Old Man Andrews
Hound Not sure I’ve ever been less bothered about to the result

To where though? Who is going to pay them anywhere near what they earn currently? Going to be hard to shift them I reckon.

Yeah it will be. Suspect there’ll be wage subsidies involved

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Sep 2020 21:09

CountryRoyal

This is why we need another GOOD striker, but on the Mendes thread everyone was shitting it saying "it's not a priority position".

THIS.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Sep 2020 21:12

Pepe the Horseman
CountryRoyal

THIS.

It is definitely true but we have to get rid of the duff strikers we have first. Baldock and McNulty simply have to go, Puscas can go for a decent fee too. That would leave Joao, Meite plus a new, decent forward as our striker options which is probably enough.
Would be helpful if an under 23 striker came good too.

JR

by JR » 15 Sep 2020 23:23

skipper
tidus_mi2 I'm sorry but what the oxf*rd was the point of that? Don't play players that aren't going to be challenging for a 1st team spot, throw in a few youngsters that are on the cusp but there were so many who just weren't up to the needed quality and why not have some of the 1st team players on the bench to try and chase the game?

100% agreed.

By the looks of it, we could have won that comfortably with the right squad. Now I'm concerned how the usual 1st team team will feel, given had we won, they would have started against Utd.

This is a massive own goal.

I would suggest the 1st team are pretty nonplussed about the prospect of playing Man Utd in the Caraboa Cup 3rd round.

They know that only half of them would play, Utd are not the big draw they used to be and that the priority is winning automatic promotions

If anything it should have been this team tonight that played out of their skin knowing they would get the chance of a game against United to be their highlight of their reserves season.

248 posts