MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Dean Morgan

248 posts
Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Dean Morgan

by Notts Royal » 15 Sep 2020 23:32

Pauno is new to the club, so as we’ve plumped for a foreign manager with no understanding of the players he’s inherited, tactically we need to give him time. Can’t believe I’ve just said that lol but my anger lies with Dai rather than him.

However, I hope he learns that we can only play 1 up front if it’s Joao. If he’s going to play any of those other strikers, he will have to adapt his formation to play 2 of them together. Bowen was guilty of this despite in the early days when he played Puscas & Baldock together which was effective.

So he either works on a Plan B to make use of the assets he has...and we can better judge him against that in 10 games time. Or he needs to sell 2-3 of them and sign another lone striker so we can properly nail Plan A.
Or see if he can mould Meite into that lone role...as his game has certainly improved. But hold up play is the big issue there

JR

by JR » 15 Sep 2020 23:32

South Coast Royal Neutral reporter on Sky said that we weren't threatening at all.
Bang goes the theory that youngsters and fringe players will give their all to put forward their case for first team consideration.

A wasted opportunity to get some TV money from the next round at a time when money is supposedly in very short supply.

All the stuff about protecting players and keeping them fresh is bollocks IMHO-more injuries happen in training that in matches and players love to play.

Momentum in sport should not be underestimated.

Money is not in short supply - our owner is a billionaire and only cares about promotion. 3rd round TV money is irrelevant to that.

Whilst I agree with you on momentum - all the players with the momentum had their feet up tonight getting ready to secure another win at the top of the table on Saturday.

JR

by JR » 15 Sep 2020 23:34

AthleticoSpizz
Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal Neutral reporter on Sky said that we weren't threatening at all.
Bang goes the theory that youngsters and fringe players will give their all to put forward their case for first team consideration.

A wasted opportunity to get some TV money from the next round at a time when money is supposedly in very short supply.

All the stuff about protecting players and keeping them fresh is bollocks IMHO-more injuries happen in training that in matches and players love to play.

Momentum in sport should not be underestimated.

:lol:

Awful, awful opinion and ridiculous comments.
a good opinion actually.

Villa (currently one-down at Burton) have fielded a line-up that shows intent...including yhat pcunt Mings

That’s because it is effectively a pre-season friendly for Villa as they didn’t play at the weekend - so not a relevant comparison.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 15 Sep 2020 23:46

CountryRoyal
Jackson Corner What a waste of a tenner. I never get this 11 changes I remember going to Peterborough Atkins did the same lost 6-0 could have been 10! This shows how poor the squad is even Luton’s 2nd team outplayed us. How much did we spend on Aluko, Puscas and McNulty? 10-15 million? All three were useless again. Not the managers fault we are stuck with these clowns. But who in there right mind would take them off our hands? Safe to say the honeymoon is over.......

Jesus oxf*rd christ.

You're not serious are you?

Some idiots seem to think because we had a good win against a poor Derby team who should have lost to Barrow and lost tonight. All of a sudden we are promotion contenders and being out the cup is good. We will lose on Saturday and then reality will sink in of how clueless this manager is. He will prove to be a terrible appointment I am never wrong.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Sep 2020 23:52

Quite interesting hearing how bad Aluko/Baldock are from various sources

Last time I looked, between the pair of them, they’d amassed 4 Championship promotions between them with a couple of playoff attempts too, with them being fairly regular in these campaigns

It begs the question really, are these players that bad or is it a case of them being used wrongly?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2020 07:17

URZZZZ Quite interesting hearing how bad Aluko/Baldock are from various sources

Last time I looked, between the pair of them, they’d amassed 4 Championship promotions between them with a couple of playoff attempts too, with them being fairly regular in these campaigns

It begs the question really, are these players that bad or is it a case of them being used wrongly?

I don't think Aluko was as bad as is being made out, think it is just a default reaction to a bad result. McNulty, Baldock and Puscas deserve the bulk of the flack.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Sep 2020 09:07

It seriously disturbs me how much abuse Puscas gets from the gimps on social media, for goodness f**king sake no striker will ever score with zero service into him. he needs somebody to play off not trying to play the lone striker role.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Sep 2020 10:20

CountryRoyal
URZZZZ Baldock, Puscas and McNulty all decent strikers in a certain system

Not sure this is the right one, they need service and crosses into the box which doesn’t happen enough here, makes then slightly redundant

Going to be the same story as last season if Joao picks up an injury

This is why we need another GOOD striker, but on the Mendes thread everyone was shitting it saying "it's not a priority position".

We need to be realistic.

If we wrote down all the strikers we have I would say it isn’t. A priority in terms in numbers.

But when you look at the quality of our strikers, the fact that one or two may and should go added into the fact we rely too heavily on one man, then I think it is a priority

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Sep 2020 10:22

CountryRoyal
Jackson Corner What a waste of a tenner. I never get this 11 changes I remember going to Peterborough Atkins did the same lost 6-0 could have been 10! This shows how poor the squad is even Luton’s 2nd team outplayed us. How much did we spend on Aluko, Puscas and McNulty? 10-15 million? All three were useless again. Not the managers fault we are stuck with these clowns. But who in there right mind would take them off our hands? Safe to say the honeymoon is over.......

Jesus oxf*rd christ.

You're not serious are you?

Amazing

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Sep 2020 10:32

SouthDownsRoyal
CountryRoyal
URZZZZ Baldock, Puscas and McNulty all decent strikers in a certain system

Not sure this is the right one, they need service and crosses into the box which doesn’t happen enough here, makes then slightly redundant

Going to be the same story as last season if Joao picks up an injury

This is why we need another GOOD striker, but on the Mendes thread everyone was shitting it saying "it's not a priority position".

We need to be realistic.

If we wrote down all the strikers we have I would say it isn’t. A priority in terms in numbers.

But when you look at the quality of our strikers, the fact that one or two may and should go added into the fact we rely too heavily on one man, then I think it is a priority

Yeah absolutely but it’s quality not quantity. Don’t get me wrong I’m not expecting a world class striker would be happy to sit on the bench but we only have one striker that is any good at holding up the ball, he doesn’t even have to be a prolific goal scorer but you’ve got Baldock and Puscas who are neither prolific or can hold up the ball.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 Sep 2020 10:42

Bristol Paul
Old Man Andrews
Snowflake Royal That's exactly the sort of performance I feared when I heard Velcro likes to control possession and play out from the back.

Thank oxf*rd we have Laurent and Rinomhota to give a bit of tempo and push us forward

Now Ian is getting the managers name wrong on purpose because it is foreign! Xenophobe.

Christ, think you need to calm down.....

Unfortunately this poster , he of nearly 20 posts per day, is the bane of this board.
I don't like to block people as I am a great believer in free and open speech even if I don't agree with them but this person has real problems.

Not only is he a Tourette's poster, seemingly unable to debate inoffensively, but an amateur psychiatrist might see his postings as a "Look at me, I need to be loved" outlet.

I know employment is difficult at the moment but he should probably get a job so that his fixation with this board and twitter are not the main aspects of his life or perhaps do some voluntary work and mix with real people and somehow learn that just shouting at people and being constantly rude and offensive is not how the majority of people on here and elsewhere conduct themselves.

For the moment a break from here might help him-it would certainly help the rest of us.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2020 10:44

South Coast Royal
Bristol Paul
Old Man Andrews Now Ian is getting the managers name wrong on purpose because it is foreign! Xenophobe.

Christ, think you need to calm down.....

Unfortunately this poster , he of nearly 20 posts per day, is the bane of this board.
I don't like to block people as I am a great believer in free and open speech even if I don't agree with them but this person has real problems.

Not only is he a Tourette's poster, seemingly unable to debate inoffensively, but an amateur psychiatrist might see his postings as a "Look at me, I need to be loved" outlet.

I know employment is difficult at the moment but he should probably get a job so that his fixation with this board and twitter are not the main aspects of his life or perhaps do some voluntary work and mix with real people and somehow learn that just shouting at people and being constantly rude and offensive is not how the majority of people on here and elsewhere conduct themselves.

For the moment a break from here might help him-it would certainly help the rest of us.

No shock you are defending xenophobia seeing as you are the poster boy for it.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 Sep 2020 10:47

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
Bristol Paul Christ, think you need to calm down.....

"xenophobia"?-I just quoted the bit about "calm down".
Seriously, you do need help and a break from here.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2020 10:50

South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal

Seriously, you do need help.

The less familiar with the other areas of the forum only need to search your name and view your racist posts away from the team board to know what you are.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 16 Sep 2020 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 Sep 2020 10:59

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews No shock you are defending xenophobia seeing as you are the poster boy for it.

The less familar with the other areas of the forum only need to search your name and view your racist posts away from the team board to know what you are.

What is "familar"?
Perhaps you need to brush up on your spelling (and many other things of course) before your appointment at the Job Centre.
Also in response to the standard "where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?" question you should think twice about "Breaking the 50,000 posts on HNA" answer.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 16 Sep 2020 11:09

South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal

The less familar with the other areas of the forum only need to search your name and view your racist posts away from the team board to know what you are.

What is "familar"?
Perhaps you need to brush up on your spelling (and many other things of course) before your appointment at the Job Centre.
Also in response to the standard "where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?" question you should think twice about "Breaking the 50,000 posts on HNA" answer.

Notice there is no denial.

I would rather not converse with a racist. You can go on ignore now.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 Sep 2020 11:15

Old Man Andrews
South Coast Royal
Old Man Andrews The less familar with the other areas of the forum only need to search your name and view your racist posts away from the team board to know what you are.

What is "familar"?

Notice there is no denial.

I would rather not converse with a racist. You can go on ignore now.

Marvellous-now just go away and preferably don't come back.
BTW that's 3 people, Bristol Paul, Ian and me that you have directed similar comments to today and yesterday with no foundation.
As I said, you really do have problems and should seek help.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Sep 2020 11:50

I have chatted back-channel with people on occasion and recently...

Almost invariably they are decent in private (or F2F)

WTF?

I totally understand rows happening, a minor disagreement comes
to the boil and abuse starts flowing, not that I approve of it
(and yes I include me in there)

But what I simply don't understand is THREAD BOMBING, where an individual
just comes in and BEGINS by insulting.

One individual (back-channel) just yesterday said, "I just like fcuking with people's heads."

I just don't see why people want to mess with threads day after relentless day

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 16 Sep 2020 11:51

Cue 378 thread-bombing posts

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Sep 2020 13:45

Snowball I have chatted back-channel with people on occasion and recently...

Almost invariably they are decent in private (or F2F)

WTF?

I totally understand rows happening, a minor disagreement comes
to the boil and abuse starts flowing, not that I approve of it
(and yes I include me in there)

But what I simply don't understand is THREAD BOMBING, where an individual
just comes in and BEGINS by insulting.

One individual (back-channel) just yesterday said, "I just like fcuking with people's heads."

I just don't see why people want to mess with threads day after relentless day

is back-channel what people are calling anal bumming now days?

248 posts