BFTiFollow - Luton (h) - Carabao Cup

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTiFollow - Luton (h) - Carabao Cup

by Simon's Church » 17 Sep 2020 08:33

NewCorkSeth
Simon's Church
NewCorkSeth I think even the most vindictive critic of Puscas will admit he has improved a lot at his hold up play. Its a lot easier to impress when you have Ejaria, Swift and Olise playing behind you with the back up of Rinomhota, Laurent, Richards and Yiadom.

Reckon we should chill out on the comparisons before we see Puscas play with our first team.

Is that not what we were watching 6 weeks ago?

You mean the team that was very clearly on the beach? The team where both formation and starting line up changed every game? No. Thats not what we were watching imo. Different circumstances for one, very different attitude for another.

They probably were mentally on the beach but the team from Saturday was pretty close to what we had most of last season and Puscas never really convinced as the lone striker. I actually think he could work in the formation we were trying with Bowen when Olise and Rinomhota were getting much closer to Joao, or in a 352 but in this formation he just doesn't work.
Maybe paunovic will be true to his word about changing formations as needed but so far he's stuck with 4231 even when it's meant having to play 3-4 players out of position.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Sep 2020 08:35

Simon's Church
NewCorkSeth
Simon's Church Is that not what we were watching 6 weeks ago?

You mean the team that was very clearly on the beach? The team where both formation and starting line up changed every game? No. Thats not what we were watching imo. Different circumstances for one, very different attitude for another.

They probably were mentally on the beach but the team from Saturday was pretty close to what we had most of last season and Puscas never really convinced as the lone striker. I actually think he could work in the formation we were trying with Bowen when Olise and Rinomhota were getting much closer to Joao, or in a 352 but in this formation he just doesn't work.
Maybe paunovic will be true to his word about changing formations as needed but so far he's stuck with 4231 even when it's meant having to play 3-4 players out of position.

I'm not going to deny he looks like he would play better jn a partnership but for not impressing he scored enough goals and, imo, he improved a lot in adapting to the new demands put on him in a very tough league.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 17 Sep 2020 11:46

Hound
Millsy
Ranty McRantface
Thanks for pointing out the typo.

Quite possibly my finest moment on HNA. 8)

low bar tbf

Can't argue with that. I've gotta start somewhere, innit?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Sep 2020 11:51

Millsy
Hound
Millsy
Quite possibly my finest moment on HNA. 8)

low bar tbf

Can't argue with that. I've gotta start somewhere, innit?

Indeed. Can only get better from here

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Sep 2020 13:26

Stranded
Lower West
Snowflake Royal You're not giving people a chance if you're playing them out of position and in a team that can't function.

Perhaps our new manager was making a point to his bosses. This squad is wafer thin. Few injuries and suspensions as the season progresses................ soon spiral out of control. Getting to a World Cup final with a pick of the best players. Is very different to creating a winning squad that's unified.

May not be a massive coincidence that we were suddenly linked with/putting bids in for 3 new players yesterday.

Hope that wasn't the case, because it wouldn't say much for their working relationship. Especially so early on.