226 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: BF I follow Barnsley

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Sep 2020 08:25

Snowball
Old Man Andrews
Hound One of the most painful post match threads for quite a while

Between this and the Ng thread, been a pretty awful day on here

Ian is being put in his place, you should be supporting that.

Another person who is scared of Ian for some reason, quite sad.

Secrets an Lies. Don’t you know about the black book?

Ian is a wonderful, impotent member of this forum

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Sep 2020 08:50

Old Man Andrews
Snowball
Old Man Andrews Ian is being put in his place, you should be supporting that.

Another person who is scared of Ian for some reason, quite sad.

Secrets an Lies. Don’t you know about the black book?

Ian is a wonderful, impotent member of this forum

Yeah, but I don't talk about afflictions

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 21 Sep 2020 11:04

So . . . we won . . ..which was good.

But apparently (I didn't watch the game), didn't play well and maybe only got the win because of the red cards . . . . . which isn't that good as there's going to be a lot of games where we aren't playing 11 - 9.

But then the new manager has only been here a month . . . . so probably too early to tell anything that meaningful right?

Oh . . . sorry - I forgot this is Hob Nobs where we evaluate the ability of a manager purely on the basis of individual results without any context. We win - Obvs managers is great and we're going up. We lose - sack manager.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 21 Sep 2020 11:10

Elm Park Kid So . . . we won . . ..which was good.

But apparently (I didn't watch the game), didn't play well and maybe only got the win because of the red cards . . . . . which isn't that good as there's going to be a lot of games where we aren't playing 11 - 9.

But then the new manager has only been here a month . . . . so probably too early to tell anything that meaningful right?

Oh . . . sorry - I forgot this is Hob Nobs where we evaluate the ability of a manager purely on the basis of individual results without any context. We win - Obvs managers is great and we're going up. We lose - sack manager.

We never really got to see what could have happened. The thought was that if Barnsley kept employing the high press, they would eventually leave gaps we could exploit but they got the red card before that could happen. Or perhaps they got the red card because they were starting to tire.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2020 11:14

tidus_mi2

We never really got to see what could have happened. The thought was that if Barnsley kept employing the high press, they would eventually leave gaps we could exploit but they got the red card before that could happen. Or perhaps they got the red card because they were starting to tire.

first red card seems very much related to how they play. High line, 1 on 1 at the back.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Sep 2020 11:35

Hound
tidus_mi2

first red card seems very much related to how they play. High line, 1 on 1 at the back.

Mostly like tactical. Our team isn't exactly brimming with pace. No need for the foul that led to the red card either.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Sep 2020 11:55

Hound
tidus_mi2

The manager said in interview that they were aware that Barnsley's high press
left them 1 on 1 at the back and they chose to exploit this fact

And we see they did, pulled the foul, created a red card.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2020 12:12

yep exactly

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Sep 2020 12:32

Hound yep exactly

Just watched the first red card again and it was a totally, 100%
deliberate professional foul, fully deserving of a red.

We earned that because of doing our homework, and because
Joao is such a handful in these situations. Had it been Puscas
there we may not have drawn the foul.

1 Looking again at the game, the red card was "worth a goal"

2 The Swift offside, very, very close to a legal one-on-one

3 Swift through 1-on-1 with keeper. Faster player would have got to the ball

4. Olise's challenge and break into space, stopped by a cynical foul, could have been a red.

5. Their second-yellow red card for handball. What would have happened if he had let the ball go?

6. Joao's over head kick. If he touched it a tenth of a second later, probably a spectacular goal

7. One good header by Meite on target before his goal.

8. Meite's goal (of course)

9. Olise's goal.

10. Puscas's good shot, but should have squared to Ejaria for a tap-in.

11. Ejaria also shoots rather than passes.

We actually cut out a fair number of chances, and shots on target (and got two goals)

I only remember two shots on target for Barnsley

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Sep 2020 12:46

I think that if Bowen had stayed he would have played pretty much the same starting 11's and that we would most likely have won both games. I still think replacing him was wrong but well done to Pauno. It has been a good start and we have to move on now.

The good news is a that the positive start will most likely encourage the owners to add some more quality to the squad and "if" our key players like Jaoa stay fit, we have a genuine chance of being close to the play offs this season.

I have said many times before that how you start a Championship season sets the tone for the whole season. If we can get a few more wins in the next 8 games and have at least 16-18 points after the first 10 games, then we will be genuine play off contenders.

Come on URZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2020 12:48

Also guessing that being top - even after 2 games - makes it a lot easier to bring some in demand players in

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2020 12:58

leon
Simmops
Hound One of the most painful post match threads for quite a while

Between this and the Ng thread, been a pretty awful day on here

It isn't as bad as the Sheff weds (I think) one from last season where OMA was accusing Leon and spizz of being alcoholic women beaters. That was pretty oxf*rd bad.

Yeah. That was approaching legal proceedings.

The thought that I'm being stalked and potentially in danger from someone deranged has started to occasionally cross my mind.

It's oxf*rd relentless, following me all across the board.

I reckon he must have posted about me at least 20 times across this and the match thread.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Sep 2020 13:02

andrew1957
I think that if Bowen had stayed he would have played pretty much the same starting 11's and that we would most likely have won both games. I still think replacing him was wrong but well done to Pauno. It has been a good start and we have to move on now.

Don't really agree. Even in games like our 0-5 win at Luton I really didn't see much "verve' or players having a go, running harder but also having the confidence to make flicks and back-heels.

Against Derby I said we were far less passive. We imposed ourselves, worked harder in midfield, "believed more..."

I think we are a very different side from a Bowen side.

So we've had a few not-do-good halves. We went behind to Colchester but showed backbone and class to get back before HT and then demolished them second half.

v Barnsley we had to withstand a classic hard-press, all-out attempt to go 0-1 up (and then shut the game down) by a side that had won four out of its last 5 games (and should have drawn the fifth). Barnsley are very decent and have been on a long run of good results. Before kick-off at least two/three of us thought we could easily lose the game 0-1.

Sure the players took a while to find their feet, but 11-men Barnsley only managed one shot on target for all the huffenpuffle, and then one more after they had shrunk their team.

When doing it right we move forward more quickly. There is less "slowing down of the game"

Bowen was a very negative-minded coach, IMO

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2020 13:06

Snowflake Royal
leon
Simmops It isn't as bad as the Sheff weds (I think) one from last season where OMA was accusing Leon and spizz of being alcoholic women beaters. That was pretty oxf*rd bad.

The thought that I'm being stalked and potentially in danger from someone deranged has started to occasionally cross my mind.

I reckon he must have posted about me at least 20 times across this and the match thread.

PM Graham.

Alternatively appeal to his better nature - if he has one. Give his conscious something to wrestle with.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2020 13:08

leon
Snowflake Royal
leon

PM Graham.

Alternatively appeal to his better nature - if he has one. Give his conscious something to wrestle with.

Getting there Leon, getting there.

Apart from on the second option, which I don't think exists. Think he's openly admitted to people by PM that he just likes trying to upset people for laughs. Tragic really. The sort of tragic you later read about in the papers after a violent crime.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2020 13:53

Snowflake Royal
leon
Simmops It isn't as bad as the Sheff weds (I think) one from last season where OMA was accusing Leon and spizz of being alcoholic women beaters. That was pretty oxf*rd bad.

certainly cba to trawl through, but what instigated this? Was it you calling him a retard?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 21 Sep 2020 13:55

Hound
Snowflake Royal
leon

certainly cba to trawl through, but what instigated this? Was it you calling him a retard?

Yeah it is ok for Ian to use derogatory names, insult the manager because he has a foreign name and relentlessly talk down to people. When he gets it back he runs to Leon and grasses people up who disagree with him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Sep 2020 14:10

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Snowflake Royal The thought that I'm being stalked and potentially in danger from someone deranged has started to occasionally cross my mind.

Yeah it is ok for Ian to use derogatory names, insult the manager because he has a foreign name and relentlessly talk down to people. When he gets it back he runs to Leon and grasses people up who disagree with him.

so nothing specific. Ian just being Ian?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Sep 2020 14:19

Snowflake Royal
leon

He's clearly going through a mental breakdown. It's sad to see the decline. Must be the coronavirus getting to him now and I hope he gets better.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Sep 2020 14:27

Snowflake Royal
leon
Snowflake Royal The thought that I'm being stalked and potentially in danger from someone deranged has started to occasionally cross my mind.

PM Graham.

Getting there Leon, getting there.

Apart from on the second option, which I don't think exists. Think he's openly admitted to people by PM that he just likes trying to upset people for laughs. Tragic really. The sort of tragic you later read about in the papers after a violent crime.

He's openly said about me that he enjoyed trying to "break me" and give me a mental breakdown when he was posting my real name and news articles on here

226 posts