Osho

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Osho

by paddy20 » 24 Sep 2020 19:58

I see he still has no club. Filled in at right back and did a good job. Cant understand why in these present times he would not accept the contract offered?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Osho

by Nameless » 24 Sep 2020 21:05

Presumably because he had enough confidence in his ability that he thought it worth tak8ng a risk that someone would offer him more.
Plus he has opportunities outside the game high would conflict with a contract.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 24 Sep 2020 21:14

Well worth a new thread. Another triumph for the team board.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Sep 2020 21:16

Old Man Andrews Well worth a new thread. Another triumph for the team board.

Agree.

We need this thread for when Osho signs for West Ham

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Sep 2020 21:52

Snowball

Agree.

Is he signing for West Ham?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 24 Sep 2020 22:41

Lol well there’s not been a great deal of other activity on here recently has there!

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 24 Sep 2020 22:44

Would be an uncontroversial move

2 vowels and 2 consonants shouldn't cause any aggro...

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 24 Sep 2020 22:50

Linden Jones' Tash Would be an uncontroversial move

2 vowels and 2 consonants shouldn't cause any aggro...

:mrgreen:

Bit boring though?

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 25 Sep 2020 09:07

Snowball

Agree.

Of course I bow to the fact that your views are more important than others. Please accept my apologies for posting. Let me know when I qualify to post. Clearly 58 years of supporting Reading home and away is not sufficient.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 25 Sep 2020 11:03

paddy20
Snowball

Agree.

Of course I bow to the fact that your views are more important than others. Please accept my apologies for posting. Let me know when I qualify to post. Clearly 58 years of supporting Reading home and away is not sufficient.

You are clearly unaware that OMA is the guardian of the forum - making sure that we are not wasting precious space on the unnecessary.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 25 Sep 2020 12:00

paddy20 I see he still has no club. Filled in at right back and did a good job. Cant understand why in these present times he would not accept the contract offered?

I don't get this either. I can't believe he just didn't sign it. What is he doing now? Swansea and Brentford were apparently interested, and then... nothing. Gutted for him. He should sign for Swindon or Oxford. Local, likely to get into the team regularly, and only a division below us.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 25 Sep 2020 12:25

Osho maybe the exception as he was offered a new contract.
But there has been quite a lot of why didn’t we jus keep him on here.
The reason was that they did not fit where the club wants to go and the mentality they wanted in the dressing room. This has been made apparent.
Also they have replaced the manager to install some discipline within the group and unify them, also now made apparent.
What we also need to remember is however we jazz this up we are still close to FFP and need to be realistic with our expectations. Before someone says it FFP has been relaxed (but not forgotten completely.).
So realistically we have the squad we have got, there will be signings but I very much doubt anything other than loans and maybe 1 or 2 lower fee, lower wage punts. Like Laurent.
Also our expectations have to be still survive relegation.
We have lowered the wage bill and are now better but we need to consolidate for a year to help us long term.
6 points down 40 to go anymore is a bonus.

Sorry rant over

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 25 Sep 2020 14:44

linkenholtroyal Osho maybe the exception as he was offered a new contract.
The reason was that they did not fit where the club wants to go and the mentality they wanted in the dressing room. This has been made apparent.
Also they have replaced the manager to install some discipline within the group and unify them, also now made apparent.
What we also need to remember is however we jazz this up we are still close to FFP and need to be realistic with our expectations. Before someone says it FFP has been relaxed (but not forgotten completely.).
So realistically we have the squad we have got, there will be signings but I very much doubt anything other than loans and maybe 1 or 2 lower fee, lower wage punts. Like Laurent.
We have lowered the wage bill and are now better but we need to consolidate for a year to help us long term.

Sorry rant over

No need to apologise, as I did;t realise you were ranting. I will now go re-read in an angry voice.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 25 Sep 2020 14:54

skipper
linkenholtroyal Osho maybe the exception as he was offered a new contract.

Sorry rant over

No need to apologise, as I did;t realise you were ranting. I will now go re-read in an angry voice.

Can you do it in a sexy voice after want to know what scares you more.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 25 Sep 2020 15:38

skipper
paddy20 I see he still has no club. Filled in at right back and did a good job. Cant understand why in these present times he would not accept the contract offered?

I don't get this either. I can't believe he just didn't sign it. What is he doing now? Swansea and Brentford were apparently interested, and then... nothing. Gutted for him. He should sign for Swindon or Oxford. Local, likely to get into the team regularly, and only a division below us.

Money I suspect. Lower leagues are struggling financially. Managers are having to make do or find bargains.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 25 Sep 2020 15:48

Lower West
skipper

Money I suspect. Lower leagues are struggling financially. Managers are having to make do or find bargains.

From what I heard our offer was q cut on his previous contract, which seemed pretty ridiculous given his 1st team breakthrough.

But maybe the blunt reality is that is what he was worth in a Covid world and he's discovering that now

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 25 Sep 2020 18:12

WestYorksRoyal
Lower West
skipper

From what I heard our offer was q cut on his previous contract, which seemed pretty ridiculous given his 1st team breakthrough.

But maybe the blunt reality is that is what he was worth in a Covid world and he's discovering that now

He is from what I gather very religious.I doubt attitude is a problem.Last January he was offered £750 a week,which was not enough to pay his mortgage.When he was a regular post lockdown,the revised offer was his original salary of £1200 a week,say £60k a year.Maybe he has just had enough;will get a job and boost his income with the semi pros.However below the Prem post Covid ,I suspect every club is struggling.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2020 22:44

With Yiadom's definite and Araruna's likely longer term injury AND his very good performances at the end of last season (I still think he's the best crosser of the ball we had), I'd be on the phone to him tonight if I was Pauno.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Sep 2020 10:33

Millsy With Yiadom's definite and Araruna's likely longer term injury AND his very good performances at the end of last season (I still think he's the best crosser of the ball we had), I'd be on the phone to him tonight if I was Pauno.

Even a short-term contract to January...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Sep 2020 16:51

Snowball
Millsy With Yiadom's definite and Araruna's likely longer term injury AND his very good performances at the end of last season (I still think he's the best crosser of the ball we had), I'd be on the phone to him tonight if I was Pauno.

Even a short-term contract to January...

Yeah if he'd take it. Or Gunter even (dunno if he's free).

Best thing for him if he's currently a free agent, guaranteed first team top level (so far) championship football and puts him in the shop window.