BFT Cardiff iFollow

173 posts
Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT Cardiff iFollow

by Fox Talbot » 26 Sep 2020 21:32

So much better than last week. Cardiff scarcely threatened us until the game was gone. Dunno what Neil Harris is on.

This result in particular gives us credibility to take into the Watford match. Tragic if Joao misses it. If he does I’d take a 0-0 now because I reckon it’s our biggest test yet and for a while and I want to be undefeated with Boro Roth and Wyc coming up.

Didn’t miss Swift today. Think we need Perry Ng, I’ve heard good things about him.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 26 Sep 2020 21:38

Fox Talbot So much better than last week. Cardiff scarcely threatened us until the game was gone. Dunno what Neil Harris is on.

This result in particular gives us credibility to take into the Watford match. Tragic if Joao misses it. If he does I’d take a 0-0 now because I reckon it’s our biggest test yet and for a while and I want to be undefeated with Boro Roth and Wyc coming up.

Didn’t miss Swift today. Think we need Perry Ng, I’ve heard good things about him.

Harris is a bozo.

Hope Joao isn’t out for long but I don’t hold out much hope, sadly.

As much as I’d love to win and keep up the good form, sure, I’d take a point against Watford.

Swift? Swift who? Sell him get a few quid.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Sep 2020 21:50

Just watching the highlights - the incident where Joao injured his shoulder - blatant foul wasn’t it? Not quite sure how that got missed

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Sep 2020 21:59

Silly little thing but feel it has to be said again: How stupid must Birmingham feel letting Morrison go for free? Hes such a tidy player. It funny I never really noticed him before he joined us but he's been fantastic for us.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Sep 2020 21:59

Hound Just watching the highlights - the incident where Joao injured his shoulder - blatant foul wasn’t it? Not quite sure how that got missed

Yeah, the commentator team were saying it looked like he fell while I was watching 3 or 4 replays of it. Very clear foul. Ref missed a bunch of fouls all game.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 26 Sep 2020 22:06

Uke Is this the first match where the two number fours have the same name and have both played for Reading?

Buy one get one free at Morrison's etc.etc...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2020 22:31

Loving Morro's interview where he says they worked on that in the training ground.

Pauno and his team are here 5mins. They work on a routine. Clearly the team pick it up quickly. It works.

This bodes well for the Serbian chap and his team, shirley.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2020 22:33

Zip Paunovic said his shoulder went straight back in again. We can only hope he doesn’t need surgery and can return after the international break. I have a feeling Araruna may be facing a season ending injury.

Good news if it went in.

Won't need surgery if a one off, but I hope this isn't some Moore-esque recurrent problem.

Araruna - very likeable fella and I wish him the best. Can't help feeling he's a bit lightweight for the champ for some reason.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 26 Sep 2020 22:44

NewCorkSeth Silly little thing but feel it has to be said again: How stupid must Birmingham feel letting Morrison go for free? Hes such a tidy player. It funny I never really noticed him before he joined us but he's been fantastic for us.

+1 to that

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Sep 2020 22:51

John Madejski's Wallet
NewCorkSeth Silly little thing but feel it has to be said again: How stupid must Birmingham feel letting Morrison go for free? Hes such a tidy player. It funny I never really noticed him before he joined us but he's been fantastic for us.

+1 to that

It's funny I was thinking exactly the same thing. I don't know the circumstances around him leaving though.

Perhaps many fans didn't want him to go. I was upset at having lost Cooper and Morrison, but never saw the point in Pearce or Ilori, whom people loved. Perhaps CBs divide opinion more than others do, I don't know.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Sep 2020 23:23

Millsy
John Madejski's Wallet

+1 to that

It's funny I was thinking exactly the same thing. I don't know the circumstances around him leaving though.

Perhaps many fans didn't want him to go. I was upset at having lost Cooper and Morrison, but never saw the point in Pearce or Ilori, whom people loved. Perhaps CBs divide opinion more than others do, I don't know.

Brum fans certainly didn't want him gone and were perplexed they let him go on a free to a championship rival.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 26 Sep 2020 23:25

NewCorkSeth
Hound Just watching the highlights - the incident where Joao injured his shoulder - blatant foul wasn’t it? Not quite sure how that got missed

Yeah, the commentator team were saying it looked like he fell while I was watching 3 or 4 replays of it. Very clear foul. Ref missed a bunch of fouls all game.

He let everything go tbf reflected by the number of injuries we picked up. Could easily have been some reds.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Sep 2020 23:37

Millsy
Zip Paunovic said his shoulder went straight back in again. We can only hope he doesn’t need surgery and can return after the international break. I have a feeling Araruna may be facing a season ending injury.

Araruna - very likeable fella and I wish him the best. Can't help feeling he's a bit lightweight for the champ for some reason.

Ok as a squad player. Struggling to see what he brings to the team though. Difficult to see him being first choice in any given position.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 26 Sep 2020 23:49

Lower West
Millsy

Ok as a squad player. Struggling to see what he brings to the team though. Difficult to see him being first choice in any given position.

He hasn’t let the side down though and is useful to have around. Awful for him to have what appears to be a really bad injury just when he’s broken into the squad. He was crying which is sad to hear.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Sep 2020 00:32

Westwood52 Anybody had a dislocated shoulder ? Do they just snap it back in;leave it for a week and your as good as new ?Yet some people need surgery.Did Moore ever get surgery done ?I have only ever dislocated a finger(volleyball,yeah I know),so I have no idea.A moment of extreme pain while they put it back,then no problems thereafter;despite the doc giving me a shedload of pain killers,which I didn’t need (and I have shares in paracetamol).

Dislocated my knee a few times whilst playing. The first time was the most pure brilliant pain I have ever experienced. Real fading at the edges, sound turns off stuff. It’s never quite been as bad as the first bit it’s the kind of injury I’ve never been able to avoid crying out during.

The knee’s never really fully recovered, but more than that the back of the mind fear of doing it again has completely ruined my confidence in it and with it any shred of ability I once had. I suppose this is where being a much younger than me athlete with the best physios and psychiatrists makes a difference.

I can’t imagine dislocating a major joint such as a shoulder is a minor thing for the majority of people, here’s hoping Joao is a bit special in the same was Moore is.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Sep 2020 01:22

Zip
Lower West
Millsy

He hasn’t let the side down though and is useful to have around. Awful for him to have what appears to be a really bad injury just when he’s broken into the squad. He was crying which is sad to hear.

Really sad to hear yeah, especially for this lad who seems so nice and is so far from home.

My rugby family love to mock how footy players are wet and a lot of it is fair, but they don't realise footy players aren't bothered about the pain so much but fear for what it might mean for their careers. Pain is a very psychological thing. Add in the thought that this could be ending your career and changing your life and suddenly that sudden pain you get in your knee takes on a whole new dimension.

Give me a bash to the head or a broken nose or collarbone or arm any day I don't care. Been there done that in martial arts tournaments, don't care and kind of expected. Give me an injury to a knee, hamstring, ankle when my livelihood depends on it and I'll be crying. The only time I cried at a sports injury was when I was 10 or so and an ankle injury made me think I was going to miss out on an important footy tournament. The pain itself didn't bother me.

Poor chap. In my prayers.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFT Cardiff iFollo

by Jackson Corner » 27 Sep 2020 04:32

41 points from safety.... Not getting carried away this is Reading after all. I went to most of those 13 games at the start of the 85/86 season and most I came away thinking how did we win that? Not the case so far we deserved every win. The injuries are areal worry Swift, Yiadom Meite and Jaol . Next week will be a real test Watford are a strong side and we have our shocking home form. Anyway top of the league for another week hopefully at least some light relief during these grim times. :D

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2020 09:18

Millsy
John Madejski's Wallet

+1 to that

I had a chat with my friend who supports Birmingham and he said he was surprised the club let him go. Described him as a warrior who can't pass but his passing has been fine for us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Sep 2020 09:20

Jackson Corner 41 points from safety.... Not getting carried away this is Reading after all. I went to most of those 13 games at the start of the 85/86 season and most I came away thinking how did we win that? Not the case so far we deserved every win. The injuries are areal worry Swift, Yiadom Meite and Jaol . Next week will be a real test Watford are a strong side and we have our shocking home form. Anyway top of the league for another week hopefully at least some light relief during these grim times. :D

Meite is fine. He was dancing with a big smile on his face after the game.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Sep 2020 09:21

Zip
Jackson Corner 41 points from safety.... Not getting carried away this is Reading after all. I went to most of those 13 games at the start of the 85/86 season and most I came away thinking how did we win that? Not the case so far we deserved every win. The injuries are areal worry Swift, Yiadom Meite and Jaol . Next week will be a real test Watford are a strong side and we have our shocking home form. Anyway top of the league for another week hopefully at least some light relief during these grim times. :D

Meite is fine. He was dancing with a big smile on his face after the game.

Who has a better smile? Meite or Laurent?

173 posts