Marc McNulty arrested for match fixing

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Marc McNulty arrested for match fixing

by Zip » 27 Sep 2020 09:25

Snowflake Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal oxf*rd hell chaps.

Let's all have a party because one of our players is allegedly suspected of match fixing so we can sack him and get him off the wage budget easier?

Don't try too hard to hide your feelings.

That's cold.

Why? If he has been up to no good and breached his contract he can have no complaints if he’s sacked.

It's more that it comes across as being gleeful at getting rid of him more than upset at what he may have done.

No glee involved. If he has been an idiot then he can’t complain if his contract is cancelled. If guilty he will be banned for a while but will be back playing again before too long.
He wasn’t given much of a chance at Reading so in that sense I feel for him but as a pro footballer he has responsibilities so if he has been stupid then he has to take the consequences.

It is “if” though and it may be that he is completely innocent.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2020 09:26

Surely if anything this means we're stuck with him for the foreseeable. Chances are he would have left on loan in the next couple of weeks anyway, so that's not gonna happen now. No idea how long this could drag on for and we're not going to sack him unless he gets found guilty.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 27 Sep 2020 09:35

Pepe the Horseman Surely if anything this means we're stuck with him for the foreseeable. Chances are he would have left on loan in the next couple of weeks anyway, so that's not gonna happen now. No idea how long this could drag on for and we're not going to sack him unless he gets found guilty.

Agreed. It has the potential to be a nasty bit of disruption until it gets wrapped up.

I really hope he hasn’t been that much of a wally. Why does someone of his means and background get involved in spot fixing other than greed?

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 27 Sep 2020 09:51

Snowflake Royal
Stranded I think I'd rather wait until he's found guilty before I join in with any joy at bundling him out of the club.

Precisely.

it's obvious he's guilty because someone on facetime said so :roll:

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Sep 2020 09:59

Let's all have a party because one of our players is allegedly suspected of match fixing so we can sack him and get him off the wage budget easier?

That's cold.

He cheated and done something illegal. I assume if we had somebody arrested for manslaughter or rape you would be fine with them staying aswell?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 27 Sep 2020 10:03

SCIAG
Pepe the Horseman Surely if anything this means we're stuck with him for the foreseeable. Chances are he would have left on loan in the next couple of weeks anyway, so that's not gonna happen now. No idea how long this could drag on for and we're not going to sack him unless he gets found guilty.

Agreed. It has the potential to be a nasty bit of disruption until it gets wrapped up.

I really hope he hasn’t been that much of a wally. Why does someone of his means and background get involved in spot fixing other than greed?

If he's found guilty, surely being able to terminate his contract is just a silver lining on a very messy affair. It's bad for our club to be associated with this.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2020 10:09

Simmops

That's cold.

He cheated and done something illegal. I assume if we had somebody arrested for manslaughter or rape you would be fine with them staying aswell?

Like Graham Stack, who was found not guilty? Or Lucas Piazon, who had the charges dropped?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Sep 2020 10:17

Simmops

That's cold.

Arrested does not even mean he has or will be charged. So let's just hold off eh?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Sep 2020 10:24

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops

That's cold.

Like Graham Stack, who was found not guilty? Or Lucas Piazon, who had the charges dropped?

Doesn't matter. It is a PR disaster to have somebody who has been accused of oxf*rd match fixing in our team. And regardless of the outcome he should not be allowed to play football for us again.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2020 10:42

Simmops
Pepe the Horseman
Simmops

Doesn't matter. It is a PR disaster to have somebody who has been accused of oxf*rd match fixing in our team. And regardless of the outcome he should not be allowed to play football for us again.

When you were arrested for noncing did your employer take the same view? Or did they wait for the verdict?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2020 10:49

Anyway, I agree he shouldn't play for us again, but that's because he's shite. If it was Lucas Joao we'd all be screaming innocent until proven guilty.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 27 Sep 2020 10:51

Pepe the Horseman Anyway, I agree he shouldn't play for us again, but that's because he's shite. If it was Lucas Joao we'd all be screaming innocent until proven guilty.

This.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Sep 2020 10:54

Pepe the Horseman
Simmops
Pepe the Horseman Like Graham Stack, who was found not guilty? Or Lucas Piazon, who had the charges dropped?

When you were arrested for noncing did your employer take the same view? Or did they wait for the verdict?

Don't slander me like that dickhead.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 27 Sep 2020 10:56

Simmops
Pepe the Horseman
Simmops

Don't slander me like that dickhead.

Now you know how Mark McNulty feels.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 27 Sep 2020 10:59

TiagoIlori

That's cold.

Don’t disagree. Puts a slight downer on the clubs reputation too if it’s handled badly.

Can't see how it will in any damage the club's reputation - he's never been here and this all happened in Scotland anyway

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 27 Sep 2020 11:00

If, as the article implies, the alleged offences revolve around betting on the number of yellow cards or the recipients of yellow cards it is unlikely that Reading games were involved.
Why?

Bookies will normally only offer odds on Premier, European top leagues, Internationals and European cup competitions.
It is only when games at a lower level are televised that such bets are offered and we are seldom the main match on TV.
Incidentally you also can't normally bet on offsides (if that floats your boat) unless a game is televised but can on number of corners.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Sep 2020 11:02

SCIAG

Why does anyone with a big income commit financial crime.... outside pressures, spending beyond their means, the rush, get in with the wrong crowd.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Sep 2020 11:05

He's been arrested; not even charged yet, let alone been convicted.

The only way the club could get rid of him at this stage unless they paid off his contract in full.

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 27 Sep 2020 11:16

Innocent until proven otherwise. Why are mods permitting speculation on a matter now the scope of a possible prosecution anyway?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 27 Sep 2020 11:50

Blimey, interesting story on a quiet Sunday morning :shock: