SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Injury watch 2020/21

by SCIAG » 21 Dec 2020 12:47

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG
South Coast Royal
How many minutes?
How many were NOT in the Championship but in the Premier League.

As you can see from the Championship table by how well the reduced squad relegated teams are doing this level is a cake walk compared to the Premier League.
Get him in.

In the Championship, only 110 minutes admittedly.

In the Premier League, 790 minutes, 1 goal. His other goal was in a cup.

So in the equivalent of ten matches, one goal. There's a reason he isn't getting picked at Watford. He's 37 and past it.

PL is a touch higher quality. Not really any point in comparing his record at that level

Usually, and this isn't an exact science, a Premier League player will get about 50% more goals in the Championship.

If someone ends up only getting one goal in ten games at that level, they're maybe going to get you 6 or 7 goals in a full season at this level. That's borne out by Murray being fourth choice at Watford, who don't exactly have anyone of the quality of Joao or Puscas.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2020 13:09

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal
SCIAG In the Championship, only 110 minutes admittedly.

So in the equivalent of ten matches, one goal. There's a reason he isn't getting picked at Watford. He's 37 and past it.

PL is a touch higher quality. Not really any point in comparing his record at that level

Usually, and this isn't an exact science, a Premier League player will get about 50% more goals in the Championship.

If someone ends up only getting one goal in ten games at that level, they're maybe going to get you 6 or 7 goals in a full season at this level. That's borne out by Murray being fourth choice at Watford, who don't exactly have anyone of the quality of Joao or Puscas.

:lol: oxf*rd off if you think Puscas is better than Deeney. CLOLueLOLess

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 21 Dec 2020 14:45

SCIAG
Snowflake Royal
SCIAG In the Championship, only 110 minutes admittedly.

Not Deeney, Pedro or Sarr?
They also have Sema, Gray and Success.

This suggestion of Murray arose from considering who we might bring in as a stop-gap and wouldn't cost much especially as we only have the ineffective Baldock as the sole striker option.

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Dec 2020 14:53

yeah suggested Murray very much as a short term gap to provide Joao some cover. He'd do an ok job I'm sure - get a few goals, win a load of free kicks, provide some knowhow and experience

obvs not one for the future, not even next season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2020 16:35

Hound yeah suggested Murray very much as a short term gap to provide Joao some cover. He'd do an ok job I'm sure - get a few goals, win a load of free kicks, provide some knowhow and experience

Well precisely

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Dec 2020 16:35

Hound yeah suggested Murray very much as a short term gap to provide Joao some cover. He'd do an ok job I'm sure - get a few goals, win a load of free kicks, provide some knowhow and experience

Agree would be a good a temp loan - he's a decent hold up player and plays well in a 2 up front so would give us options there and make more use out of Baldock (obvs played together at Brighton) and maybe Puscas.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Dec 2020 16:44

Not exactly relevant but just thought it was interesting. Saw a post on insta that Inaki Williams has played 171 games in a row for Bilbao. The last league game he missed was April 2016.

How we could do with some of that conditioning :shock:

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 21 Dec 2020 16:47

CountryRoyal Not exactly relevant but just thought it was interesting. Saw a post on insta that Inaki Williams has played 171 games in a row for Bilbao. The last league game he missed was April 2016.

Spanish league no where near the intensity of football here though

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Dec 2020 16:47

Mid Sussex Royal
CountryRoyal Not exactly relevant but just thought it was interesting. Saw a post on insta that Inaki Williams has played 171 games in a row for Bilbao. The last league game he missed was April 2016.

It’s still impressive, regardless.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2020 17:04

CountryRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal

You could always get Gunter back.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Dec 2020 18:05

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal

I'll kill you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2020 18:06

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal

I'll kill you.

:wink:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Dec 2020 18:06

CountryRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal

Very impressive. Good player too. I like Bilbao. Cool club.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Dec 2020 18:27

To be fair to Gunter, he made 217 league starts out of a maximum of 230 across five seasons in the Championship after we were relegated. He started almost 95 % of our league games for five years.

Shame most of them were meh/10 performances

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 21 Dec 2020 23:27

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal

Why would you say such a thing?!?!?! Wash your mouth out.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 22 Dec 2020 23:20

South Coast Royal
SCIAG
Snowflake Royal PL is a touch higher quality. Not really any point in comparing his record at that level

This suggestion of Murray arose from considering who we might bring in as a stop-gap and wouldn't cost much especially as we only have the ineffective Baldock as the sole striker option.

Sarr is a winger. Sema is a midfielder. Success has two goals in 54 matches. Gray is trading off one good season five years ago, much like Baldock. You’ve missed Perica who is probably their third best option. You could make the case for Joao Pedro and Troy Deeney being better than Puscas (call me when Inter Milan try to sign Deeney) but even with Deeney out injured Murray wasn’t able to get on the pitch.

Murray’s past it. Never mind next season, he’s not even a player for last season. We’d genuinely be better off with Baldock, who is at least mobile. I don’t see any value in getting an expensive washed-up 37 year old who has been badly found out.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 23 Dec 2020 11:51

SCIAG
South Coast Royal
SCIAG Usually, and this isn't an exact science, a Premier League player will get about 50% more goals in the Championship.

Sarr is a winger. Sema is a midfielder. Success has two goals in 54 matches. Gray is trading off one good season five years ago, much like Baldock. You’ve missed Perica who is probably their third best option. You could make the case for Joao Pedro and Troy Deeney being better than Puscas (call me when Inter Milan try to sign Deeney) but even with Deeney out injured Murray wasn’t able to get on the pitch.

Murray’s past it. Never mind next season, he’s not even a player for last season. We’d genuinely be better off with Baldock, who is at least mobile. I don’t see any value in getting an expensive washed-up 37 year old who has been badly found out.

A rather scathing summary of a player who , even in a wheelchair, would be more likely to score than the" run around and get nowhere" Baldock.

As posted previously, this was a suggestion made by Hound with which I agree, but if you can come up with a few names of suitable short-term deal players costing very little or nothing I am sure that we , and the club, would love to hear from you.
There aren't too many Cavanis out there IMHO that the club could afford.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 23 Dec 2020 12:15

South Coast Royal
SCIAG
South Coast Royal

A rather scathing summary of a player who , even in a wheelchair, would be more likely to score than the" run around and get nowhere" Baldock.

As posted previously, this was a suggestion made by Hound with which I agree, but if you can come up with a few names of suitable short-term deal players costing very little or nothing I am sure that we , and the club, would love to hear from you.
There aren't too many Cavanis out there IMHO that the club could afford.

But it’s not about finding someone for the sake of it. You’re not gonna get Murray because “there’s no one else out there”, you’ll get Murray if he’s a valuable asset to the squad

Which, IMO, he isn’t anymore as he badly struggles to get around the pitch, as has been the case for a couple of seasons now

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Dec 2020 12:20

He had a few decent games for Brighton last year and was pretty good for them the year before (42 games 15 goals in the prem)

I mean his ability to play at a decent level may have fallen off the cliff in the last 18 months but doubt it

Brighton still felt he was decent enough to play 20+ times for them last year. You’d be asking him to do a similar job a division down. He’d be useful I’m sure

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 23 Dec 2020 12:35

Hound He had a few decent games for Brighton last year and was pretty good for them the year before (42 games 15 goals in the prem)

I mean his ability to play at a decent level may have fallen off the cliff in the last 18 months but doubt it

Brighton still felt he was decent enough to play 20+ times for them last year. You’d be asking him to do a similar job a division down. He’d be useful I’m sure

Agreed.

435 posts