Liam Moore is 27!

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Liam Moore is 27!

by andrew1957 » 14 Oct 2020 11:13

I am genuinely shocked. I thought Moore was at least 42!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 14 Oct 2020 11:15

Well I'm with the OP on this. I thought Moore was an experienced 28 year old when we signed him!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Oct 2020 12:11

This is the quality content I signed up for.

Nevpay

by Nevpay » 14 Oct 2020 13:15

It does bring up a genuine point though. Moore seems to be resurgent under the new management and is potentially coming into his prime years. If Pauno can keep him motivated and potentially improve him, he really could be the difference that we need this season. If (big if) we did end up getting promoted, we could also have a player that will be more than good enough in the Prem

JR

by JR » 14 Oct 2020 22:04

Sanguine Well I'm with the OP on this. I thought Moore was an experienced 28 year old when we signed him!

Thank you for your honesty Sanguine, glad I’m not the only one.

He certainly played like he was in his mid 30’s last season.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 14 Oct 2020 22:17

That's mad bro - I thought he was 15.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Oct 2020 08:35

He's been distinctly hit and miss for more than last season.

Wonder how much of it was career frustration. Having been at Leicester who go on to win the PL after he left (is that the right timeline?) With the aim of getting promoted with Reading and playing in the PL, instead he's been at a shambles of a club fighting relegation to L1 more than anything else.

Must be hard to be in the right mindset to perform and be your best with that disappointment. Especially being denied the chance to move for big money.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Oct 2020 09:06

Snowflake Royal He's been distinctly hit and miss for more than last season.

Wonder how much of it was career frustration. Having been at Leicester who go on to win the PL after he left (is that the right timeline?) With the aim of getting promoted with Reading and playing in the PL, instead he's been at a shambles of a club fighting relegation to L1 more than anything else.

Must be hard to be in the right mindset to perform and be your best with that disappointment. Especially being denied the chance to move for big money.

Moore won the Premier League but left because he needed more game time.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Oct 2020 09:29

SCIAG

Ok, yeah that would be galling. Going from involved in promotion and periphery of champions to relegation battles.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Oct 2020 11:18

Snowflake Royal
SCIAG

Ok, yeah that would be galling. Going from involved in promotion and periphery of champions to relegation battles.

Good points. I like his attitude.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 16 Oct 2020 08:55

This needs to be updated when he turns 28

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 22:39

He’s not been on my Christmas card list for a while. Personally I don’t see him as a great captain and I think he’s been suspect for the last two seasons. However credit where it’s due, he’s looking like the player we signed under stam again. He was fantastic today and seems to have found his mojo again. Him and morro are forming a great partnership. Was a big call for pauno to continue with Moore as captain new manger could easily have handed the reins over to someone like Morrison, but he didn’t and I think we have got our captain back. Potentially the best cb pairing in the champ.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2021 09:41

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

Liam Moore is no longer 27.

JR

by JR » 31 Jan 2021 11:10

NewCorkSeth MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

I actually think he is looking younger as he gets older. Very sprightly looking in the Sky studio on Friday night!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2021 11:11

JR

I actually think he is looking younger as he gets older. Very sprightly looking in the Sky studio on Friday night!

He's growing into his looks for sure. Also his rippling ab posts on Instagram help.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 31 Jan 2021 11:31

WoodleyRoyal He’s not been on my Christmas card list for a while. Personally I don’t see him as a great captain and I think he’s been suspect for the last two seasons. However credit where it’s due, he’s looking like the player we signed under stam again. He was fantastic today and seems to have found his mojo again. Him and morro are forming a great partnership. Was a big call for pauno to continue with Moore as captain new manger could easily have handed the reins over to someone like Morrison, but he didn’t and I think we have got our captain back. Potentially the best cb pairing in the champ.

Sounds like the players, and particularly some of the younger ones, rate him far more highly as a captain than you do. Personally I've always felt he's been pretty good in that role, even when he wasn't playing particularly well himself. Just as one example, I can remember hearing him talk Blackett through games when he first started playing for the first team.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 31 Jan 2021 11:48

RoyalBlue
WoodleyRoyal He’s not been on my Christmas card list for a while. Personally I don’t see him as a great captain and I think he’s been suspect for the last two seasons. However credit where it’s due, he’s looking like the player we signed under stam again. He was fantastic today and seems to have found his mojo again. Him and morro are forming a great partnership. Was a big call for pauno to continue with Moore as captain new manger could easily have handed the reins over to someone like Morrison, but he didn’t and I think we have got our captain back. Potentially the best cb pairing in the champ.

Sounds like the players, and particularly some of the younger ones, rate him far more highly as a captain than you do. Personally I've always felt he's been pretty good in that role, even when he wasn't playing particularly well himself. Just as one example, I can remember hearing him talk Blackett through games when he first started playing for the first team.

For the last two season he’s been distinctly average at best. This season he’s a new player and fulfilling the captains role much better. Personally I still think Morrison is a better leader on the pitch, I can’t comment what he’s like off the pitch.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2021 11:54

When I managed to get the Brum game earlier this season was amazed how vocal he is. Obvs can hear much better with only 2k in. He is almost commentating on the game as it goes

Was very much the captain, barely heard a squeak out of anyone else

And yep he looked very sharp in the sky studio

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Jan 2021 12:09

How old is he now?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jan 2021 12:25

SouthDownsRoyal

How old is he now?

Wiki says he’s 27 still :lol:

I make it he’s 28 years,12 hours, 25 minutes and 17 seconds, no make that 18, 19, 20....