Liam Moore is 27!

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Liam Moore is 27!

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 11:44

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth His tweet was "Ejaria and Olise both squared up to the manager in the second half" with a link the the article which I am fairly certain used those terms again.

Just been looking at his feed today and scrolling back to the game there is no mention of the squaring up comment. Perhaps he deleted it. Still think there has been an over-reaction by Moore.

It’s a fair cop Sethmondo.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 11:45

Hound tbf it wasn't great journalism. Very much a case of 2+2=5

But again would rather Moore dealt with it differently than inviting the twitter mob to dive in on JLow. He's obviously a decent guy and I'm sure wouldn't want it to just be a chance to pile in on him

Yep. Do it privately allowing JLow to retract on social media thereafter.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Feb 2021 11:48

But again would rather Moore dealt with it differently than inviting the twitter mob to dive in on JLow. He's obviously a decent guy and I'm sure wouldn't want it to just be a chance to pile in on him

I dont think twitter should have piled on. I didnt even though I think Moore was right to publicly denounce the article. Moore made no personal attack he simply stated it was irresponsible journalism, which it is.

I saw Lows article and read it before any of this happened and found myself trying to think of when I could have missed such aggressive actions on the part of the players. Turns out I didn't. It was a simple dressing down by Pauno with the players biting back. Something that happens all the time.

With the Ady Williams interview we got some nice context to how Pauno runs the club. Non-negotiables was mentioned as a really important part of his methods. All this seems to have been was Pauno demanding a certain action on the pitch and the players voicing back frustration. Maybe a bit of insolence. Not a physical act of aggression.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Feb 2021 11:49

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Just been looking at his feed today and scrolling back to the game there is no mention of the squaring up comment. Perhaps he deleted it. Still think there has been an over-reaction by Moore.

I respectfully disagree x

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 12:18

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth

I’d prefer it if you would disrespectfully agree.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Feb 2021 12:31

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Make me.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 19 Feb 2021 12:34

NewCorkSeth

I dont think twitter should have piled on. I didnt even though I think Moore was right to publicly denounce the article. Moore made no personal attack he simply stated it was irresponsible journalism, which it is.

I saw Lows article and read it before any of this happened and found myself trying to think of when I could have missed such aggressive actions on the part of the players. Turns out I didn't. It was a simple dressing down by Pauno with the players biting back. Something that happens all the time.

With the Ady Williams interview we got some nice context to how Pauno runs the club. Non-negotiables was mentioned as a really important part of his methods. All this seems to have been was Pauno demanding a certain action on the pitch and the players voicing back frustration. Maybe a bit of insolence. Not a physical act of aggression.

What I did see happen and amused me though was Ejaria appear to go down the tunnel at the final whistle only to then jog back out a minute or so later when he realised there was a team huddle in the centre of the pitch going on without him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 12:37

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth I respectfully disagree x

Make me.

Wash your mouth out with soap big boy.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Feb 2021 12:50

Can't remember if it was Bristol, but Olise looked well pissed off when subbed recently.

Still elbow bumped everyone whilst chuntering away with his grumbling. :lol:

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Feb 2021 12:53

Snowflake Royal Can't remember if it was Bristol, but Olise looked well pissed off when subbed recently.

Still elbow bumped everyone whilst chuntering away with his grumbling. :lol:

He did look like he was having a strop when he came off against Bristol but he often seems to have gloomy expressions, maybe it's just a bit of a default for him.

I'm happy to put it down to just wanting to continue and being frustrated at being pulled off.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2021 13:02

Did spot the Ejaria ‘spat’ at the time. Didn’t seem a lot in it

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2021 13:05

Just noticed JLow has written rather a lengthy apology on Twitter about it

Fair play to him. I do feel a bit sorry for him at times, not the best journo ever but comes across a genuinely nice chap who means well

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 13:19

Hound Just noticed JLow has written rather a lengthy apology on Twitter about it

Fair play to him. I do feel a bit sorry for him at times, not the best journo ever but comes across a genuinely nice chap who means well

This is the point. He is not exactly malicious and is working off crumbs. It wouldn’t hurt the club if they gave him some material to work with. Perhaps then he wouldn’t have to speculate so much. I suspect he has had a load of abuse since Moore’s comments.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Feb 2021 13:30

Zip
Hound Just noticed JLow has written rather a lengthy apology on Twitter about it

This is the point. He is not exactly malicious and is working off crumbs. It wouldn’t hurt the club if they gave him some material to work with. Perhaps then he wouldn’t have to speculate so much. I suspect he has had a load of abuse since Moore’s comments.

He's taken it on the chin from what I have seen. Few people making jokes with his articles by adding in sensational headlines.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 19 Feb 2021 14:09

Meme...

A journalist writes a sensationalist article. You'll never guess what they did next.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Feb 2021 14:28

Agreed I don’t know him but he seems like a genuine likeable chap.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Feb 2021 14:29

Zip
Millsy
Zip
That was harsh. JLow maybe misjudged what had happened but he didn’t deserve that.

Cant' find it, what's the deets

JLow was suggesting that Pauno was involved in a spat with two players one being Olise. I think the other was Ejaria during the game on Tuesday night. It was pretty tame stuff and didn’t warrant Moore’s reaction.

What did Moore say to him

Sorry I’m being spoon fed here

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 14:47

Millsy
Zip
Millsy
Cant' find it, what's the deets

JLow was suggesting that Pauno was involved in a spat with two players one being Olise. I think the other was Ejaria during the game on Tuesday night. It was pretty tame stuff and didn’t warrant Moore’s reaction.

What did Moore say to him

Sorry I’m being spoon fed here

He called it “unacceptable journalism”.

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 19 Feb 2021 15:08

NewCorkSeth
Zip

He's taken it on the chin from what I have seen. Few people making jokes with his articles by adding in sensational headlines.

I like JLow, I think he deals well with stuff like that - he makes jokes about the whole Yermas Dildo thing for instance. Moore came out swinging in defence of his players, and JLow backed off - in terms of the headline on the tweet. He kept the content in the actual article though!

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... r-19855416

I didn't notice Ejaria, or Pauno on the iFollow coverage, but Olise was clearly mouthing off about something before he came off - I'm sure if we'd been there, there would have been a lot more twitter comment about those incidents, because we'd all have seen them. I'm inclined towards the "Moore overreacted" response myself - especially since I personally wouldn't have seen the article at all, or any reference to it, if Moore hadn't responded. He actually gave the whole thing more publicity.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 19 Feb 2021 23:04

TBF much as I love Ejaria and Olise, they don't come across as the most smiley and friendly types of players. I know they're only kids and also it's unfair to comment from the armchair, so I'm probably talking rubbish. But I'm sure we've commented on Ejaria's muted celebration for a goal, and I'm sure Olise wasn't a barrel of laughs after scoring when he came on once, possibly his birthday iirc. I know Ejaria played for Liverpool and Olise might well be on his way to somewhere like that in the next couple of years, but I wonder if that gets their heads and if so the effect on the rest of the team if so. At worst JLo actually called it right and at best there's zero to it but for whatever reason these guys give off the impression they're not a barrel of laughs.

Again, probably talking rubbish and just making conversation.