Re: Liam Moore is 27!

by NewCorkSeth » 31 Jan 2021 12:41

Sutekh
SouthDownsRoyal
NewCorkSeth MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

Liam Moore is no longer 27.

How old is he now?

Wiki says he’s 27 still :lol:

I make it he’s 28 years,12 hours, 25 minutes and 17 seconds, no make that 18, 19, 20....

Do we know what time he was born?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Feb 2021 10:47

Snowball, can we have a day by day stat attack on his age progress please?

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Feb 2021 08:36

Good interview with Ade Williams on the BBC Berkshire podcast. Didn't realise he still lived in Leicester, he has obviously found a way for that to work really well for him though

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 18 Feb 2021 08:44

Winston Biscuit Good interview with Ade Williams on the BBC Berkshire podcast. Didn't realise he still lived in Leicester, he has obviously found a way for that to work really well for him though

Lift shares with Badger Finger iirc.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Feb 2021 20:18

Gave JLow a bit of a dressing down on Twitter as well, poor chap

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Feb 2021 20:48

Hound Gave JLow a bit of a dressing down on Twitter as well, poor chap

That was harsh. JLow maybe misjudged what had happened but he didn’t deserve that.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Feb 2021 20:52

Zip

That was harsh. JLow maybe misjudged what had happened but he didn’t deserve that.

Cant' find it, what's the deets

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Feb 2021 21:09

Millsy
Zip

JLow was suggesting that Pauno was involved in a spat with two players one being Olise. I think the other was Ejaria during the game on Tuesday night. It was pretty tame stuff and didn’t warrant Moore’s reaction.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Feb 2021 21:15

Yep thought it a bit harsh as well, esp as JLow really has to scrape about for anything to write about

Maybe a dm would have been a better solution

Anyway listened to the podcast, interesting though I’d have liked to have heard a bit more about Bowen last year. But Pauno certainly getting a glowing report

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 18 Feb 2021 21:49

Simmops This place gets worse and worse

Ok, but still better than SA?.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 18 Feb 2021 22:33

Zip

Classless from Moore and unbefitting of a Reading Captain. Should have contacted Low privately rather than public humiliation and setting the twat brigade that frequent Reading FC twitter onto him.

Hopefully Pauno makes him apologise.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Feb 2021 08:34

It isn’t the first time that Low has been called out by players and I have no issue with it, tbh.

People would otherwise read that and jump to conclusions that are wrong and we’ve seen people do that at the smallest things in the recent past especially with Ovie and Olise. Sometimes both sides of a story need to be in the public view.

Also, as club captain, Moore is exactly the right person to come out and defend his teammates.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Feb 2021 10:15

Zip
Millsy
Zip

JLow was suggesting that Pauno was involved in a spat with two players one being Olise. I think the other was Ejaria during the game on Tuesday night. It was pretty tame stuff and didn’t warrant Moore’s reaction.

JLow said that the players "squared up to Pauno". That's more than a spat. He created a narrative that didn't exist and Moore was dead right to call him out on it.

A journalist should know that choice of words create images and he chose words that depict violence and disharmony.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 19 Feb 2021 10:17

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Millsy

JLow said that the players "squared up to Pauno". That's more than a spat. He created a narrative that didn't exist and Moore was dead right to call him out on it.

A journalist should know that choice of words create images and he chose words that depict violence and disharmony.

Especially in a world where none of us can see what actually happened.

Mainly the reason why I have stopped listening to BBCRB as it was plainly obvious that last season when the games were on iFollow, they weren't describing the game accurately and for radio commentary that is pretty basic stuff. I'm not just talking about getting players mixed up (which is pretty shocking anyway seeing as they watch every game, every season), but it was the way they were describing chances or how a move was developing, made me think that every game I had listened to on the radio previously was just wrong.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 10:34

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Millsy

I didn’t see the words “squared up”. He referred to a “coming together” and a “spat”. Also a bit of finger pointing. We are talking grown men here in a competitive environment. I could see from the tv Pauno really giving Olise a dressing down on the touchline. Low didn’t really create a narrative here at all.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 10:36

Hendo It isn’t the first time that Low has been called out by players and I have no issue with it, tbh.

People would otherwise read that and jump to conclusions that are wrong and we’ve seen people do that at the smallest things in the recent past especially with Ovie and Olise. Sometimes both sides of a story need to be in the public view.

Also, as club captain, Moore is exactly the right person to come out and defend his teammates.

It’s inevitable Low is going to cause friction with the players. He needs to report as accurately and fairly as possible. I think he genuinely try’s to do that.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Feb 2021 11:03

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

I didn’t see the words “squared up”. He referred to a “coming together” and a “spat”. Also a bit of finger pointing. We are talking grown men here in a competitive environment. I could see from the tv Pauno really giving Olise a dressing down on the touchline. Low didn’t really create a narrative here at all.

His tweet was "Ejaria and Olise both squared up to the manager in the second half" with a link the the article which I am fairly certain used those terms again.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Feb 2021 11:15

NewCorkSeth
Zip
NewCorkSeth JLow said that the players "squared up to Pauno". That's more than a spat. He created a narrative that didn't exist and Moore was dead right to call him out on it.

His tweet was "Ejaria and Olise both squared up to the manager in the second half" with a link the the article which I am fairly certain used those terms again.

Just been looking at his feed today and scrolling back to the game there is no mention of the squaring up comment. Perhaps he deleted it. Still think there has been an over-reaction by Moore.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Feb 2021 11:19

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Just been looking at his feed today and scrolling back to the game there is no mention of the squaring up comment. Perhaps he deleted it. Still think there has been an over-reaction by Moore.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Feb 2021 11:26

tbf it wasn't great journalism. Very much a case of 2+2=5

But again would rather Moore dealt with it differently than inviting the twitter mob to dive in on JLow. He's obviously a decent guy and I'm sure wouldn't want it to just be a chance to pile in on him