340 posts
Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wycombe Wanderers (h) sponsored by Keith Scott

by Greatwesternline » 20 Oct 2020 21:00

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
bcubed That took some missing!

I’m shit at football and even shitter at heading but surely any kind of solid contact and it’s a goal.

He's tried to be too cute, think Mick called it. He's tried to glance it in the near post when he should have just gone for direct contact at goal. Because he was running at an angle and stretching he's misjudged it trying to do something too complicated.

Yep tried to place it. Must have not known where he was in the box, the far post was gaping. Sign of a footballer who will never cut it at the top level, so probably Championship suits him just fine.

Feel Puscas would have buried that, but i'm not saying Puskas should be starting. He is the more intelligent footballer.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 21:01

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth Our commentating team waxing lyrical about Holmes right now. I thought he looked well off pace? Sloppy in possession and awful throw ins.

Yep his worst game by far in a Reading shirt. Where is OMA thought he’d be all over Ian

He bangs on about Watson not Holmes.

I thought Holmes has been ok. Done some quality defensive work. Not getting a lot of support from Meite.

Yes sorry my bad it was Watson wasn’t it.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 21:01

It’s just typical Reading isn’t it, make it so oxf*rd easy for the opposition. Easily Wycombe’s best half of the season they’re chuffed. We seriously have to up our game that was up there with the worst we’ve seen over the last few years. I don’t know what it is but it’s just so shit and slow and laboured and then when we do have an opportunity to break or get through the line we’re let down by a shit touch, wrong decision etc etc.

Hopefully in 45 minutes time it will be 3-0 and this will be a distant memory but it’s not going to happen the way both sides are playing at the moment. With the risk of sounding all twatty and self-important, I know anyone can beat anyone and we don’t have a divine right to win but I don’t care how well Wycombe are playing if you genuinely have promotion ambitions then you really have to be winning your home game against arguably the weakest Championship team in a long long time.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Oct 2020 21:01

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth Our commentating team waxing lyrical about Holmes right now. I thought he looked well off pace? Sloppy in possession and awful throw ins.

Yep his worst game by far in a Reading shirt. Where is OMA thought he’d be all over Ian

I thought Holmes has been ok. Done some quality defensive work. Not getting a lot of support from Meite.

His defensive work has been fine yeah. But praising our link up players for their defensive work against Wycombe is damning with faint praise eh?

yuomi

by yuomi » 20 Oct 2020 21:02

Positives:
No clear chances for Wycombe
Meite's chance was a nice bit of play

Negatives:
Literally everything else

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2020 21:04

Greatwesternline
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
I’m shit at football and even shitter at heading but surely any kind of solid contact and it’s a goal.

He's tried to be too cute, think Mick called it. He's tried to glance it in the near post when he should have just gone for direct contact at goal. Because he was running at an angle and stretching he's misjudged it trying to do something too complicated.

Yep tried to place it. Must have not known where he was in the box, the far post was gaping. Sign of a footballer who will never cut it at the top level, so probably Championship suits him just fine.

Feel Puscas would have buried that, but i'm not saying Puskas should be starting. He is the more intelligent footballer.

I don't think Puscas would have been near it.

Agree on the comments on Laurent... added nothing

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 20 Oct 2020 21:04

CountryRoyal It’s just typical Reading isn’t it, make it so oxf*rd easy for the opposition. Easily Wycombe’s best half of the season they’re chuffed. We seriously have to up our game that was up there with the worst we’ve seen over the last few years. I don’t know what it is but it’s just so shit and slow and laboured and then when we do have an opportunity to break or get through the line we’re let down by a shit touch, wrong decision etc etc.

Hopefully in 45 minutes time it will be 3-0 and this will be a distant memory but it’s not going to happen the way both sides are playing at the moment. With the risk of sounding all twatty and self-important, I know anyone can beat anyone and we don’t have a divine right to win but I don’t care how well Wycombe are playing if you genuinely have promotion ambitions then you really have to be winning your home game against arguably the weakest Championship team in a long long time.

Agreed

And we seem to be surprised that Wycombe are running everywhere, closing us down tackling well and desperate for a point or 3. On the other hand we look as if we think we can walk through them, don’t fancy any 50/50 tackles and generally not up for it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Oct 2020 21:05

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
bcubed That took some missing!

Yes seen it again and I was wrong. He tried to nod it home but badly misjudged it.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Oct 2020 21:05

68% possession. :roll:

How much was in own half............

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2020 21:05

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal

His defensive work has been fine yeah. But praising our link up players for their defensive work against Wycombe is damning with faint praise eh?

Not going to patronise Wycombe. Made an excellent run to track his man and win a header that would have otherwise led to a free head on goal.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 20 Oct 2020 21:06

Why didn’t Meite just leave it.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 20 Oct 2020 21:06

Lol yak

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 21:07

Sums up our evening that. Meite not realising he was miles offside and Ejaria tackling him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Oct 2020 21:07

That's hilarious. Meite clearly offside but through and Ejaria fouls him.

:lol:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Oct 2020 21:07

Braindesd from Yaks.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 20 Oct 2020 21:08

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal He bangs on about Watson not Holmes.

Not going to patronise Wycombe. Made an excellent run to track his man and win a header that would have otherwise led to a free head on goal.

They have conceded 86 shots in 5 games and we haven't managed 1.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 20 Oct 2020 21:09

If we end this game with 0 shots I'm becoming a Wycombe supporter.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 20 Oct 2020 21:10

Much better start to this half.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Oct 2020 21:10

So isn’t it 1 shot on target for Reading in the last 140 minutes or so of football?

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 21:11

Right, subs, need to change things now.

340 posts