340 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Wycombe Wanderers (h) sponsored by Keith Scott

by Lower West » 18 Oct 2020 19:15

Crowbar6753
AthleticoSpizz Some say Holmes was motm material

Holmes was good and has done an amazing job as stand in over the past few games, however he isn't a natural right back which shows in his attack play.

Can still be coached to be more effective in the role.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Oct 2020 20:34

Mid Sussex Royal Wycombe are out of their depth and are here via a free ticket into the playoffs because of covid, games in hand are never points in the bag particularly when playing catch up late in the season.

I can see the next 2 games being very similar - two very direct ex league one sides - and we will have to prepare properly. If we do its 6 points.

Agree.

The thought of six points in the next two games 8)

Just don’t rotate the squad because it’s on a paper easy, and don’t underestimate the opposition Please boys

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Oct 2020 20:46

SouthDownsRoyal
Mid Sussex Royal Wycombe are out of their depth and are here via a free ticket into the playoffs because of covid, games in hand are never points in the bag particularly when playing catch up late in the season.

I can see the next 2 games being very similar - two very direct ex league one sides - and we will have to prepare properly. If we do its 6 points.

Agree.

Just don’t rotate the squad because it’s on a paper easy, and don’t underestimate the opposition Please boys

If we get dont 6 points from the next 2 games I'll walk around lidl naked singing "we're reading we're reading well dick your oxf*rd head in, we all follow the royals over land and sea AND OXFORD we all follow the Reading we hate the Swindon so we stab them"

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 18 Oct 2020 22:10

That’s pushing it. He was rinsed a couple of times and put in a couple of poor crosses. Some decent crosses and one great defensive header too and looked good technically. By no means poor but not MoTM for me.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Oct 2020 22:14

Simmops
SouthDownsRoyal

Agree.

If we get dont 6 points from the next 2 games I'll walk around lidl naked singing "we're reading we're reading well dick your oxf*rd head in, we all follow the royals over land and sea AND OXFORD we all follow the Reading we hate the Swindon so we stab them"

The new one in Burgess Hill?

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 18 Oct 2020 22:21

3 Bridges

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Oct 2020 00:49

Wycombe to pick up their first win of the season. :cry:

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 19 Oct 2020 08:37

CountryRoyal Wycombe to pick up their first win of the season. :cry:

And this was your post for the Boro game "Boro comfortable winners in this one. :("

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 19 Oct 2020 09:23

Need to repect the opponant, as otherwise we'll come unstuck. If we think they won't turn up, we're mistaken. That said, we obviously have more than enough to beat them and should be nicely fired up.

Rotherham will be a harder game, but don't change a winning formula, and keep playing to our strengths. Was Joao playing with a slight niggle on Saturday? Would it be wise to start with Puscas tomorrow?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 19 Oct 2020 10:03

Zip

That’s pushing it. He was rinsed a couple of times and put in a couple of poor crosses. Some decent crosses and one great defensive header too and looked good technically. By no means poor but not MoTM for me.

Yeah, can understand the inclusion for tough games like Watford and Boro but against Wycombe, where we’ve got to be looking to take the initiative, I think it’d be better to play a natural RB there

That being said, you can’t argue with two clean sheets in a row either, so will be a dilemma

As a side point, if he does bring in Esteves for Holmes, I hope he doesn’t have three CB’s on the bench again, don’t agree with having two CB’s on the bench, never mind three

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Oct 2020 10:05

URZZZZ
Zip

Yeah, can understand the inclusion for tough games like Watford and Boro but against Wycombe, where we’ve got to be looking to take the initiative, I think it’d be better to play a natural RB there

That being said, you can’t argue with two clean sheets in a row either, so will be a dilemma

As a side point, if he does bring in Esteves for Holmes, I hope he doesn’t have three CB’s on the bench again, don’t agree with having two CB’s on the bench, never mind three
URZZZZ
Zip

Yep agreed. We do need to be more attack minded on Tuesday night against a team who must be low on confidence.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 19 Oct 2020 10:09

It's so obvious it hurts.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2020 10:11

Two's ok if one or more of them are also covering fullback, but yeah, three seems excessive.

Prefer Baldock to having all three of Holmes / Esteves, Gibson and McIntyre on the bench.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Oct 2020 10:18

Definitely bring in Esteves. Otherwise same team

We won’t take it lightly I’m sure. It’ll be a tough game but absolutely one we really should win. Like a fast start and get an early goal

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 19 Oct 2020 11:37

Wouldn't change the line-up from Saturday unless there are any injury doubts (e.g. if Joao needs to be treated with caution after his injury could put Puscas back up top but Wycombe will be a very physical team).

Appreciate everyone is excited to see Esteves (inc myself) - but we have currently conceded 1 goal in FIVE games in the Championship which is unheard of for us, would be very very harsh to drop Holmes imo.

Next two, on paper, after the start we have had you would hope for six points. Remember in the 106 season, one of the most important results for me was the 1-0 home win late September against Crewe, everyone expected us to roll them over after the start we had and it took a late Ivar goal to win it - where previous seasons that would have ended 0-0 or 0-1. I would have the next two home games in a similar bracket to that match.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 19 Oct 2020 11:56

Yes, very good point here. Professionalism is a must, but we should beat them.

They won't lose every game this season though, I would hate for us to to be one of their victims.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 19 Oct 2020 12:17

Barney

And this was your post for the Boro game "Boro comfortable winners in this one. :("

Yes I know, it’s worked every time so far so please let me be and do my reverse jinx thing in piece.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Oct 2020 12:27

CountryRoyal
Barney

Yes I know, it’s worked every time so far so please let me be and do my reverse jinx thing in piece.

Your good work has received quiet recognition in these quarters CR

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 19 Oct 2020 12:36

CountryRoyal
Barney

Are you on RFC's payroll yet?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Oct 2020 12:44

CountryRoyal
Barney

Nic3 thinking 8)

340 posts