BFIT - Wycombe (H)

253 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFIT - Wycombe (H)

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 21:59

That was oxf*rd abysmal. Joao with the get out of jail free card after spending most the game trotting around looking like he’d won a competition to play football.

Cue “you can only beat what’s in front of you” and “sign of a good team to win when you’re playing badly” but that was abject pretty much from start to finish. Fair play to Wycombe but I don’t think I’ve ever felt so negative after a win but if we play like that we won’t get too many more.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BFIT - Wycombe (H)

by LUX » 20 Oct 2020 22:05

Radio 5 said Reading were by far the better side in the second half, having been frustrated in the first half.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Oct 2020 22:05

CountryRoyal That was oxf*rd abysmal. Joao with the get out of jail free card after spending most the game trotting around looking like he’d won a competition to play football.

Cue “you can only beat what’s in front of you” and “sign of a good team to win when you’re playing badly” but that was abject pretty much from start to finish. Fair play to Wycombe but I don’t think I’ve ever felt so negative after a win but if we play like that we won’t get too many more.

Oh give it a rest you massive jessie

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Oct 2020 22:06

We were rubbish. We won. That’s pretty much all I’ve got to say on it

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 22:06

genome
CountryRoyal That was oxf*rd abysmal. Joao with the get out of jail free card after spending most the game trotting around looking like he’d won a competition to play football.

I was expecting this from you tbf :lol:

Standard should have chilled out for 10 minutes before posting. It was still shit though.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 20 Oct 2020 22:07

CountryRoyal
genome

I was expecting this from you tbf :lol:

Standard should have chilled out for 10 minutes before posting. It was still shit though.

Not denying it was shit but we're top of the league mate, grab a beer and enjoy it

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 22:08

Dreadful first half. Better second.

Moore and Morrison 7’s
The rest all get 5’s

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 20 Oct 2020 22:08

Much better after the double substitution, both players look very good. Esteves looks like a proper attacking right back. I've liked Holmes, but when you see the comparison it's not hard to appreciate who is better in the position.

I thought Holmes had a solid game, didn't appear to me at least that he did anything wrong. But on this showing, Esteves needs to start.
Last edited by skipper on 20 Oct 2020 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Oct 2020 22:09

Fairly crap performance but deserved win.

Rafa - 7. Not much to do, brilliant save for the win
Holmes- 6 very solid especially in the box
Moore+Morro - 7 each. Very good. Clean sheet again.
Richards -5. Sorry, a bit of a liability but grew into the game.
Rino- 7. Very good
Laurent - 7. Very good
Olise - 6 did ok some good balls
Ejaria- 6, did ok some good movements. Clear penalty
Meite- 6 tried hard lots of balls to him for some reason but didn't quite come off for him. Missed free header (!)
Joao- 7 because he scored otherwise would've been 5. To be fair he had 3 men on him all game.

McIntyre. - dunno
Semedo- 7 some great play lots of energy. Did he change the game somehow? Scuffed a shot should've scored. Very bizarrely also had ball on left edge of box but ended up passing to right back. But very good otherwise.
Esteves - 8. Really looks something special just takes the ball and runs us into an attacking position. To outdo Holmes takes some doing. Real selection worry for Pauno.

Pauno- 7 half time talk clearly worked. Subs while surprising to a nobody like me probably worked somehow

Talking points

-clear penalty on Ejaria

- who the flying flamingo was that massive f**koff chunk of a bodybuilder for Wycombe up front. Wtf??????
Last edited by Millsy on 20 Oct 2020 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 20 Oct 2020 22:09

Millsy
- who the flying flamingo was that massive f**koff chunk of a bodybuilder for Wycombe up front. Wtf??????

Akinfenwa - He's more of a prop or front row, isn't he?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Oct 2020 22:10

Three points clear at the top is fantastic but that was a struggle

Rafael. 7 Important save near the end
Holmes 5 Solid defensively but offered nothing going forward
Morrison 7 Rock solid again
Moore 7 An assist and one missed header apart rock solid
Richards 6 Really poor first half but much better after the break
Laurent 6 Quiet but good positioning
Rinomhota 6 Generally good but occasional poor passes
Ejaria 7 One lovely cross, great link up play but poor shooting
Olise 8 MoTM Lovely vision and smashing passing
Meite 4 Love Yaks but missed a sitter and got in the way of an Ejaria chance
Joao 6 Gets an extra mark for a brilliant goal but very poor first half

Semedo 7 Gave the side much needed energy and tempo
Esteves 7 Stylish and looks the part

ayjaydee
Hob Nob Regular

by ayjaydee » 20 Oct 2020 22:12

skipper Much better after the double substitution, both players look very good. Esteves looks like a proper attacking right back. I've liked Holmes, but when you see the comparison it's not hard to appreciate who is better in the position.

I thought Holmes had a solid game, didn't appear to me at least that he did anything wrong. But on this showing, Esteves needs to start.

Thought Holmes was a bit Gunteresque tonight, didn’t help his cause that he had bad Meite in front of him though.
Liked the look of the two new lads though and think Esteves may get a start on Saturday.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 22:13

skipper Much better after the double substitution, both players look very good. Esteves looks like a proper attacking right back. I've liked Holmes, but when you see the comparison it's not hard to appreciate who is better in the position.

I’d rather have Esteves in for Meite. Meite offers oxf*rd all unless he scores I think he’s a better option off the bench tbf.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 20 Oct 2020 22:14

Top of the league you are aving a larf, what a woeful crap performance. Ejaria nothing but a poor mans Mr Wu, Joao not up to this standard, more a Barry Fry lower league Kevin Francis type player. The rest just average, If I do have to pick a MOTM its John Holmes.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Oct 2020 22:14

skipper
Millsy

He's more of a flipping neutron star. He makes Rooney look like Crouch. Should be illegal.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 20 Oct 2020 22:14

Zip Three points clear at the top is fantastic but that was a struggle

Rafael. 7 Important save near the end
Holmes 5 Solid defensively but offered nothing going forward
Morrison 7 Rock solid again
Moore 7 An assist and one missed header apart rock solid
Richards 6 Really poor first half but much better after the break
Laurent 6 Quiet but good positioning
Rinomhota 6 Generally good but occasional poor passes
Ejaria 7 One lovely cross, great link up play but poor shooting
Olise 8 MoTM Lovely vision and smashing passing
Meite 4 Love Yaks but missed a sitter and got in the way of an Ejaria chance
Joao 6 Gets an extra mark for a brilliant goal but very poor first half

Semedo 7 Gave the side much needed energy and tempo
Esteves 7 Stylish and looks the part

Not sure how Joao gets a 6 for scoring the winning goal and Ejaria gets a 7 who did oxf*rd all but slow the game down most of the time. He really pissed me off tonight.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Oct 2020 22:16

skipper
Millsy

aka The Fat Water Buffalo

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 20 Oct 2020 22:16

Two pieces of quality from Jao and Rafa won the game.Wycombe had next to nothing and it’s going to be a long hard season for them.
IMHO

Rafa 8 For the save.Little to do really.

Holmes 5 Bit of a mess .
Morrison 7 No alarms.
Moore 6 Typically one horror moment 1st half.But very physical when he needed to be.
Richards 5 Real mixed bag.Some very poor moments,mixed with a lot of drive and purpose.
Rino 6 Hardly in the game.
Laurent 6 Ditto
Ejaria 5 Needs to improve his fitness.Whats this his third season with us,and little or no positive change as he gets older.
Olise 7 Not in the game enough,but everything he did was quality.
Meite 4 Bad miss.Then 2nd half should have left it to Ejaria instead of interfering when offside.Sometimes he does look very limited.
Jao 7 For the goal.

MCIntire Very negative move by Pauno.Alukho would have kept Wycombe on the back foot.
Semedo Looks like another Jao.Lazy,but capable of real quality.
Esteve Very impressive.A real full back.Looks like a top class player.Fast ,can see a pass,good on the ball and nicking in with tackles.

Ref.Did ok.But three or four odd decisions.

We will and can play better.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 20 Oct 2020 22:17

I do wish Ejaria would release the ball sooner though. Like, the twists and turns are fun and all, but it needs end product. I often feel he loses what advantage he gains.

CountryRoyal
Not sure how Joao gets a 6 for scoring the winning goal and Ejaria gets a 7 who did oxf*rd all but slow the game down most of the time. He really pissed me off tonight.

+1

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 20 Oct 2020 22:18

Moore was imperious, easily MotM for me.

Given that Joao now has two/three men on him the entire time, maybe we should start Puscas over Meite, he would do well in the extra space. Can't believe that I'm saying it, but we need to see more of Aluko.

253 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:48