52%
No
48%

Total votes: 106
Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Would you take 4th place now?

by Ascotexgunner » 25 Oct 2020 18:14

No......I want to see how far this team can go. Just taking a playoff place is a cop out. We would lose the playoffs anyway.

Regular John

by Regular John » 25 Oct 2020 19:24

Its a no from me, but that's only based on our play off form.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2020 19:31

Think how great it'll be when we eventually win a final.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 25 Oct 2020 20:55

Snowflake Royal Think how great it'll be when we eventually win a final.

Would of course take that, but it would be horrendous if it was in front of an empty Wembley.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 25 Oct 2020 21:26

Owing to our record in the play offs, it is a big fat NO from me. Also what would be the point of not being able to watch at Wembley, even IF we did win the Final?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Oct 2020 23:31

URZZZZZZZZ
Snowflake Royal Think how great it'll be when we eventually win a final.

Would of course take that, but it would be horrendous if it was in front of an empty Wembley.

I don't think we'd mind at the time tbf

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Oct 2020 01:05

Taking fourth now means

“we are clear top by five points after seven games with six clean sheets and the best goal difference in the league but it’s not real and there are at least four sides who will end up with more points than us.”

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2020 08:03

Snowball Taking fourth now means

“we are clear top by five points after seven games with six clean sheets and the best goal difference in the league but it’s not real and there are at least four sides who will end up with more points than us.”

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Oct 2020 08:55

I’d take second place on GD with 107 points

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Oct 2020 09:02

Why would you want to take 4th when we are actually definitely going to finish top?

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 26 Oct 2020 09:51

All depends when we’re allowed back into stadiums again...would be nice to see packed stadiums when we get promoted really!

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Oct 2020 09:58

Part of me still says yes, take 4th. But the statistics on our start are great. We're the 6th Championship side to win 6 of our first 7 matches - all the others to achieve it went on to win automatic promotion. And we have big players like Swift and Yiadom to come back in the 2nd half of the season. So I'm changing my mind to no (but I already voted "yes" last week).

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Oct 2020 10:12

WestYorksRoyal Part of me still says yes, take 4th. But the statistics on our start are great. We're the 6th Championship side to win 6 of our first 7 matches - all the others to achieve it went on to win automatic promotion. And we have big players like Swift and Yiadom to come back in the 2nd half of the season. So I'm changing my mind to no (but I already voted "yes" last week).

Brighton had the same record in 15/16, finished 3rd and lost in the play-offs.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Oct 2020 10:28

Ah, I got mixed up with their 16/17 season. To be honest, even if it doesn't happen this season, Brighton are a very good example of how to build a platform and kick on. We're only a handful of signings off being a top team at this level.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 26 Oct 2020 12:28

As opposed to now when we are the top team at this level?

King Cnut

by King Cnut » 26 Oct 2020 13:00

I think we can finish 1st or 2nd. Only Bournemouth are anywhere as good
Just hope fans are not allowed back at all this season. West Stand whingers are a pest and lose us about 10 points a season with their booing and barracking. Funny how we are top and no fans in.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 26 Oct 2020 13:15

I'd take 4th, because I have a feeling that this good form won't last forever.

Saw someone mention in another thread that they're worried about the fact if one of Rhino and Laurent get injured, then we look threadbare. I agree, but I reckon Semedo could do a job there and I agree with their comments that Semedo was probably brought in to cover.

Looking at Saturday, I thought that Puscas looked good, but he's better when playing up top with someone and not alone. He's not exactly very quick or physical. He has shown that he's good enough, but I'm still a bit worried that should Joao be out for a longer period (like last season), then we'll have problems with the goals. Meite is good, but he's very rough around the edges.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Oct 2020 13:23

Franconian Royal I'd take 4th, because I have a feeling that this good form won't last forever.

Saw someone mention in another thread that they're worried about the fact if one of Rhino and Laurent get injured, then we look threadbare. I agree, but I reckon Semedo could do a job there and I agree with their comments that Semedo was probably brought in to cover.

Looking at Saturday, I thought that Puscas looked good, but he's better when playing up top with someone and not alone. He's not exactly very quick or physical. He has shown that he's good enough, but I'm still a bit worried that should Joao be out for a longer period (like last season), then we'll have problems with the goals. Meite is good, but he's very rough around the edges.

To be fair on the goals front Swift missed a sitter early on, Meite has missed a sitter, Olise and Ejaria have both come tantalisingly close on several occasions. We are getting closer to sharing the goals around. Just need some more time to see what the training ground brings us.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 26 Oct 2020 14:02

NewCorkSeth
Franconian Royal I'd take 4th, because I have a feeling that this good form won't last forever.

To be fair on the goals front Swift missed a sitter early on, Meite has missed a sitter, Olise and Ejaria have both come tantalisingly close on several occasions. We are getting closer to sharing the goals around. Just need some more time to see what the training ground brings us.

Fully agree with you Seth. We've already seen the training ground routines starting to take shape: free kicks, corners, Ejaria cross in from the left to the far post. But whether this can keep us at the top of the table, I don't know. That's why I'll take 4th place.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Oct 2020 14:56

Franconian Royal
NewCorkSeth

Fully agree with you Seth. We've already seen the training ground routines starting to take shape: free kicks, corners, Ejaria cross in from the left to the far post. But whether this can keep us at the top of the table, I don't know. That's why I'll take 4th place.

I'm with you!

141 posts