BTFG Rrro-therrr-hhaaam

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BTFG Rrro-therrr-hhaaam

by Pepe the Horseman » 24 Oct 2020 22:18

NewCorkSeth
Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth 2 tackles, 1 interceptions, 1 clearence and wasnt dribbled past all game. Not to mention in his 33 minute cameo against Wycombe he completed 5 tackles, more than any other Reading player.

Reckon his defending is fine.

Guess we've found another Esteves fan :roll:

Why do you hate white players?

I got my reasons.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 24 Oct 2020 22:18

royalp-we
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal RE estevez, Thought he looked a bit suspect in his defensive duties. But it’s his first start in a different country and he’s 18. He’s only going to get better as he gets used to his new team mates.

2 tackles, 1 interceptions, 1 clearence and wasnt dribbled past all game. Not to mention in his 33 minute cameo against Wycombe he completed 5 tackles, more than any other Reading player.

He looked a bit out of place right at the start; but as the game wore on he looked every bit of a senior pro. A calm head with quality touches in the opposition half too. Pauno pointed out that Esteves learnt quickly; and learned a lot in that first half.

He’s going to be an awesome little player over the coming months

Agreed. He was getting dragged inside because of gaps, not his fault
and he will soon learn discipline.

But going forward he was the business and for his first start he was excellent.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 22:19

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
Pepe the Horseman Guess we've found another Esteves fan :roll:

Why do you hate white players?

I got my reasons.

I understand x

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 22:24

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth 2 tackles, 1 interceptions, 1 clearence and wasnt dribbled past all game. Not to mention in his 33 minute cameo against Wycombe he completed 5 tackles, more than any other Reading player.

Yes I said he looked a bit suspect I don’t give a oxf*rd what the stats say.

I reckon your eyesight is a bit suspect then considering he didn't lose a single challenge and nobody dribbled past him all game. What part of his defending was suspect to you?

Positioning, but as i say that to be expected. He’s 18 and it was his first start in a different country. As snowball said was dragged inside a few to many times ball watching. Harvey Elliott plays lw for Blackburn doesn’t he? Someone said in the Blackburn match thread he created 6 chances and scored a goal today. Going to be a big test for him.
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 24 Oct 2020 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 22:29

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

I reckon your eyesight is a bit suspect then considering he didn't lose a single challenge and nobody dribbled past him all game. What part of his defending was suspect to you?

Positioning

Uh huh. Good one.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 22:31

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth I reckon your eyesight is a bit suspect then considering he didn't lose a single challenge and nobody dribbled past him all game. What part of his defending was suspect to you?

Positioning

Uh huh. Good one.

:| I’ve edited as you obviously require more detail. Perhaps you could send his mum some flowers :idea:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 22:43

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

Positioning, but as i say that to be expected. He’s 18 and it was his first start in a different country. As snowball said was dragged inside a few to many times ball watching. Harvey Elliott plays lw for Blackburn doesn’t he? Someone said in the Blackburn match thread he created 6 chances and scored a goal today. Going to be a big test for him.

Yeah I’d be tempted to put Holmes in for Blackburn, play Ejaria in the middle, Meite off the left and Esteves on the right or vice versa. Blackburn will exploit any spaces and gaps left in defence.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Oct 2020 22:57

With two games close together next week. Expect will see Holmes back against Blackburn . Then Esteves starting Friday. It's demanding schedule for them to play.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 23:15

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal Positioning

Uh huh. Good one.

:| I’ve edited as you obviously require more detail. Perhaps you could send his mum some flowers :idea:

Don't need more detail to know you're talking out your arse.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 23:23

NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth Uh huh. Good one.

:| I don’t know why you are getting all weird about this, I just said he looked suspect at times defensively. Which other have said also. Look yeah I know you’ve split up with your mrs and had to move back to Blighty, it must be pretty stressful for you right now. You don’t need to take it out on me though. Just because someone has a different opinion to yourself doesn’t mean you need to start getting all pissy. Grow up, and accept we can both have different opinions and both be right at the same time. Chin up champ things will get better for you.
Last edited by WoodleyRoyal on 24 Oct 2020 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 23:26

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

:| Look I know you’ve split up with your mrs and had to move back to Blighty, it must be pretty stressful for you right now. You don’t need to take it out on me though. Just because someone has a different option to yourself doesn’t mean you need to start getting all pissy. Grow up, and accept we can both have different opinions and both be right at the same time. Chin up champ things will get better for you.

I think you misread that thread. I'm still in Paris. No blighty for me.

You need a lot of practise if that's the best wumming you can come up with. This is HNA. I expect better. I want to be seething or fighting back tears when I get into an argument with someone on here. Not feeling sorry for them.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Oct 2020 23:27

WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal

:| Look I know you’ve split up with your mrs and had to move back to Blighty, it must be pretty stressful for you right now. You don’t need to take it out on me though. Just because someone has a different opinion to yourself doesn’t mean you need to start getting all pissy. Grow up, and accept we can both have different opinions and both be right at the same time. Chin up champ things will get better for you.

Thats a bit oma from you there wooderz.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WoodleyRoyal » 24 Oct 2020 23:30

Simmops
WoodleyRoyal
NewCorkSeth Don't need more detail to know you're talking out your arse.

:| Look I know you’ve split up with your mrs and had to move back to Blighty, it must be pretty stressful for you right now. You don’t need to take it out on me though. Just because someone has a different opinion to yourself doesn’t mean you need to start getting all pissy. Grow up, and accept we can both have different opinions and both be right at the same time. Chin up champ things will get better for you.

Thats a bit oma from you there wooderz.

I don’t get why he’s chosen me to get all pissy with though? I’d not said anything out of place. I simply said estevez had looked suspect defensively as others had. But he decides to go on a crusade against me for saying it. All a bit weird. And probably yeah a bit OMA ish tbf.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 24 Oct 2020 23:32

Watching Paunos post match interview and he points out Ovie did the exact same cross for Meote last week. I clearly blocked Meites embarrassing miss out of my memory but it is interesting. Could be a solid bit of link up going forward this season as most fullbacks will struggle to a) stop Ovie dribbling around them and b) challenge an onrushing Meite for an aerial battle.

That could be a devastating little plan for us.

JR

by JR » 25 Oct 2020 00:24

WoodleyRoyal Well quest is shit. I mean we all new that anyway, but I was expecting (foolishly) a little more analysis on our game.

They did at least confirm that this was the best ever 7-game start by any team ever in the Championship

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 25 Oct 2020 00:37

WoodleyRoyal Well quest is shit. I mean we all new that anyway, but I was expecting (foolishly) a little more analysis on our game.

Can't wait for us to surpass 106 points, at which point they'll give us a whole two minutes of highlights and analysis squeezed between 20 minutes covering Norwich beating Coventry 1-0 with a 90+7 goal and Watford getting a scrappy 1-0 win over Wednesday.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 25 Oct 2020 01:01

JR

They did at least confirm that this was the best ever 7-game start by any team ever in the Championship

I looked earlier and it's the joint best, definitely saw QPR and Brighton with the same record but then gave up looking.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 25 Oct 2020 01:27

You can have a play around with this to see yourself.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/champions ... nzung=alle

QPR 10/11 (19pts, 17GD) - Champions

Wolves 08/09 (19pts, 14GD) - Champions

Reading 20/21 (19pts, 10GD) - ???

Brighton 15/16 (19pts, 6GD) - 3rd place, 2 GD off of automatic promotion

Are officially the four best starts after 7 games since the Championship rebranded, the worst outcome from those other three was ending up 0 points away from automatics.

Interestingly, on 6 occasions a club has recorded 22 or more points after 9 games (24, 23*2, 22*2), all of them have been promoted. 4 or 6 points in the next two would set us up very nicely from a historic viewpoint, which will be pretty useful given how important momentum is in this league.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Oct 2020 01:46

Just so everyone is aware. I was back the from game on purpose. I was not back from the game. That would make too much sense for Millsy.

Thanks.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 25 Oct 2020 08:28

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth
WoodleyRoyal RE estevez, Thought he looked a bit suspect in his defensive duties. But it’s his first start in a different country and he’s 18. He’s only going to get better as he gets used to his new team mates.

2 tackles, 1 interceptions, 1 clearence and wasnt dribbled past all game. Not to mention in his 33 minute cameo against Wycombe he completed 5 tackles, more than any other Reading player.

Guess we've found another Esteves fan :roll:

Esteves is a cracker. And he can play football too.