BTFG Rrro-therrr-hhaaam

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BTFG Rrro-therrr-hhaaam

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Oct 2020 11:08

Pepe the Horseman
Stranded
Millsy I'd much rather win 3-0 against a full side than against 10 men.

Yeah I know it'd have only been the last few mins but when people glance at scores they're not going to look into it too much and that little red card makes you think "oh ok so that's why they won."

At the moment it looks like we're taking the division by storm and I want opposition to be shit scared of us.

Yet people go on about Blackburn being a massive threat tonight despite 6 of their goals coming against 10 men and them failing to score in their last 2 home games.

One of which was also against ten men.

They've had 3 big wins against shit teams or teams a man down and only 1pt and 3 goals in their other 4 games. As one of their fans said on their forum, they are flat track bullies. Not to say they are poor but their goal scored column is deceptive.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Oct 2020 11:11

From Despair To Where?
Pepe the Horseman
Stranded
Yet people go on about Blackburn being a massive threat tonight despite 6 of their goals coming against 10 men and them failing to score in their last 2 home games.

One of which was also against ten men.

They've had 3 big wins against shit teams or teams a man down and only 1pt and 3 goals in their other 4 games. As one of their fans said on their forum, they are flat track bullies. Not to say they are poor but their goal scored column is deceptive.

Good points guys, thank you.

One thing we can be sure of though - if we lose, the optimists (like me) will be saying they are a decent team and if we win the pessimists will be saying they were shite anyway. :)

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 27 Oct 2020 11:14

They're no mugs so If we win, it will be a good win regardless and if we lose, it won't be a massive shock but I don't think they are much more than a mid table team. If we are genuine contenders, we should be expecting to get something out of the game.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Oct 2020 12:52

HOME

Apart from Wycombe, home form so far is MEH

5-0 Wycombe (2 goals scored against 10 men)

0-0 Cardiff (Cardiff down to ten men in 70th Minute)

0-1 Forest (Lost to 90th-minute goal)

Cardiff 15th,
Forest 20th on results
Wycombe 24th on results

AWAY

Coventry 0-4 Blackburn
(Coventry 10 men from 14th minute) First goal 15th minute

Watford 3-1 Blackburn

Derby 0-4 Blackburn

Bournemouth 3-2 Blackburn

Watford currently 3rd, Bournemouth 4th

Coventry 21st on results

So Blackburn

Played 3rd LOST 3-1
Played 4th LOST 3-2
Played 15th DREW 0-0
Played 19th LOST 0-1
Played 20th WON 0-4
Played 21st WON 0-4 (ten men)
Played 24th WON 5-0 (ten men for two goals)

Frankly, they could be anything, and they played well at BMTH and WATFORD

But their wins are against the current 20th, 21st, 24th (ignoring Wednesday's Points Deduction)

Oops. Wrong Fred
Last edited by Snowball on 27 Oct 2020 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Oct 2020 13:32

bcubed
Millsy I'd much rather win 3-0 against a full side than against 10 men.

Yeah I know it'd have only been the last few mins but when people glance at scores they're not going to look into it too much and that little red card makes you think "oh ok so that's why they won."

At the moment it looks like we're taking the division by storm and I want opposition to be shit scared of us.

I think I'd prefer that they think we're fluking it somehow and they underestimate us

I suspect it's only the supporters of other teams who think we're fluking it and possibly a few players who haven't watched any of our games or talked to their mates at other clubs.

Any competent managers/coaches will have watched footage of our games and will have recognised that there are real strengths to our team at present and that our results and goals against column are not the consequence of flukes.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 27 Oct 2020 21:15

Well done everyone