MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by Paul McShane

437 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a) sponsored by Paul McShane

by Stranded » 25 Oct 2020 15:17

Yep Blackburn can score but 13 of their 16 goals came in 3 games and 6 of those against 10 men.

In the other 4 they've managed just 3 goals and 2 were in defeat to Bournemouth.

Against better defences they have been less successful, really could go either way.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Oct 2020 15:29

Snowflake Royal Is anyone else not too fussed if we lose or draw this?

We're going to lose eventually, we're already off to a flyer and we'd still be six points ahead of Blackburn, at least two clear at the top and even if we lose all the next three our first 10 games would be nearly automatic form. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking for us to win every game same as everyone else, but it doesn't feel like it'll bother me in the slightest if we do drop points in this one, just as long as it doesn't become a poor run. For now at least. It'll just do a shrug, dissection of how it happened and then move on to the next game, and hopefully three points in that.

Anyhoo. I feel bad for Puscas, but I'd probably bring Joao back in. Olise too, but I feel less bad for Semedo. Decent player in there, but he's new, on loan and not contributed quite as much, or in the shadow of others as much as Puscas is in Joao's. Probably stick with Esteves, though I can see an argument that Blackburn might be asking a bit much of him defensively so early in his time here.

You’d obviously have to take any result in context of the season so far. And one defeat in 8 would still be bloody brilliant

I suppose it depends how the game goes. If it is a similar pattern to the last two home games but Blackburn score a couple id be a little concerned. If we play like we have in our last 3 away games but end up with the defeat I won’t be too upset

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Oct 2020 17:28

We all know if we lose the bed wettes will be out in force on twitter.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 25 Oct 2020 17:37

windermereROYAL We all know if we lose the bed wettes will be out in force on twitter.

It depends on the manner of the defeat though. As was eluded to earlier if we put in a convincing display but fall short for whatever reason then it wouldn’t be too bad as there’s signs to be encouraged by. If we play largely like we have for the last few games but get hammered then you can understand disappointment. I suspect we will up our game on Tuesday night, as we did against Watford.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 25 Oct 2020 22:26

WoodleyRoyal
CountryRoyal
WoodleyRoyal
Barney is correct you are painfully dull. :|

Who are you? :lol:

I’m woodleyroyal, nice to meet you cuntryroyal.

I'm loving the love going on here! GayBoys 'r' us!

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Oct 2020 00:03

We're going to lose eventually, we're already off to a flyer and we'd still be six points ahead of Blackburn, at least two clear at the top and even if we lose all the next three our first 10 games would be nearly automatic form. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking for us to win every game same as everyone else, but it doesn't feel like it'll bother me in the slightest if we do drop points in this one, just as long as it doesn't become a poor run. For now at least. It'll just do a shrug, dissection of how it happened and then move on to the next game, and hopefully three points in that.

Anyhoo. I feel bad for Puscas, but I'd probably bring Joao back in. Olise too, but I feel less bad for Semedo. Decent player in there, but he's new, on loan and not contributed quite as much, or in the shadow of others as much as Puscas is in Joao's. Probably stick with Esteves, though I can see an argument that Blackburn might be asking a bit much of him defensively so early in his time here.

We’ve been on plenty of good runs in the last few seasons

Had a good run in 15/16 with Clarke, lost one - collapsed
Had a good run in 17/18 - conceded two late goals to Cardiff - collapsed
Had a few good runs last year (twice under Bowen and one with Gomes) - lost one, and a poor run of form followed each time

The only season we seemed to be able to respond to bad defeats was Stam’s first and no coincidence, was pretty much our only successful one in the last so many years

A defeat is inevitable of course at some point. What will be really important is the reaction to it

We need to mentally and physically strong this year, and given the squad we’ve got, I’m more optimistic than in recent times

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Oct 2020 01:10

URZZZZ

We’ve been on plenty of good runs in the last few seasons

Had a good run in 15/16 with Clarke, lost one - collapsed
Had a good run in 17/18 - conceded two late goals to Cardiff - collapsed
Had a few good runs last year (twice under Bowen and one with Gomes) - lost one, and a poor run of form followed each time

The only season we seemed to be able to respond to bad defeats was Stam’s first and no coincidence, was pretty much our only successful one in the last so many years

A defeat is inevitable of course at some point. What will be really important is the reaction to it

We need to mentally and physically strong this year, and given the squad we’ve got, I’m more optimistic than in recent times

Well quite.

Speaking frankly, I want us to smash the Northern cnuts.

Send out a very clear message to the league - Reading are back and you bitches are going to get fcuked.

Or something.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Oct 2020 06:26

I'm nervous for this game but also excited. Moore and Morrison have been outstanding and, looking at Blackburns results, they have only beaten the teams that are struggling. If we play with the same focus and togetherness we have displayed so far then we should get a result.

I would take a draw, particularly a 0-0, but it would be great if we go out there ready from the offset to take maximum points. And of we lose? That's ok as long as we respond well for the next game and the team learns its lessons.

------------------Rafael
Esteves--Morro--Moore--Richards
------Rinomhota---Laurent
Meite-----------Olise-------------Ejaria
--------------------Joao

Has to be the team for me. I dont like the idea of Holmes up against Brereton. The rest is obvious.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Oct 2020 08:08

David Coote is back in control of a Reading game, all that really matters here. The result is pretty much irrelevant.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Oct 2020 08:17

Old Man Andrews David Coote is back in control of a Reading game, all that really matters here. The result is pretty much irrelevant.

Fresh from his successful spell manning VAR in the prem

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Oct 2020 08:46

Question going forward: is Olise better at free kicks than Swift?

I lived his attempt at a long range free kick on Saturday and loved even more that Pauno said they had analysed Blackmail positioning and it was very much something they were looking out for.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Oct 2020 09:47

NewCorkSeth Question going forward: is Olise better at free kicks than Swift?

I lived his attempt at a long range free kick on Saturday and loved even more that Pauno said they had analysed Blackmail positioning and it was very much something they were looking out for.

Agree, think everyone should be more alert to the possibility of blackmail, particuarly in when in responsible positions.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Oct 2020 10:04

Sutekh
NewCorkSeth Question going forward: is Olise better at free kicks than Swift?

Agree, think everyone should be more alert to the possibility of blackmail, particuarly in when in responsible positions.

:oops:

yuomi

by yuomi » 26 Oct 2020 10:23

xGs vs. Clean sheets.

(Supposedly) unstoppable force vs. immovable object.

Blackburn have got a lot of plaudits for their direct style but, to look at what their fans (and the table) are saying, they're vulnerable at the back. Not sure the recent Djokovic-style rope-a-dope stuff is going to work quite as well here, and we need to get into them as we did at Derby.

All faith Pauno has a plan to cope with their lively front line, and having a fully fit Joao and Olise is going to be a bonus.

Quietly confident.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Oct 2020 10:35

This is the first game since Watford I feel like we could well lose. If we win, it'll be a big step and a sign we're serious contenders, in my view.

I actually think we're well suited for a team like Blackburn. The double axis of Rinomhota-Laurent and Morrison-Moore is very difficult to break down, and we have the players to hurt teams if they leave space for us to attack.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Oct 2020 11:54

Mowbray says he will make a change or two to the Blackburn team just to keep things fresh. Kaminski remains a doubt.

I expect VP to also make a change or two to Reading’s XI for the same reasons.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 26 Oct 2020 13:26

Old stomping ground for Joao. I see Pauno bringing both him and Olise back in to the side, hopefully no other changes.

Quietly confident for this one... if we can frustrate Blackburn’s attack like we have done with other teams; and nick a goal like Forest did up there last week I’ll be delighted. Equally a point from this one will be a really good nights work.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 26 Oct 2020 14:25

I`m a bit puzzled why Aluko appears to have fallen out of favour again following his top display against the hornets. if we`re going to freshen up the AM area I would like to see him get a chance.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Oct 2020 14:31

windermereROYAL I`m a bit puzzled why Aluko appears to have fallen out of favour again following his top display against the hornets. if we`re going to freshen up the AM area I would like to see him get a chance.

Possibly he's not putting in enough effort in training.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 26 Oct 2020 14:32

windermereROYAL I`m a bit puzzled why Aluko appears to have fallen out of favour again following his top display against the hornets. if we`re going to freshen up the AM area I would like to see him get a chance.

Over whose expense?

437 posts