BTFT - Blackburn

148 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BTFT - Blackburn

by Hound » 27 Oct 2020 22:00

bcubed
Zip No Ejaria. No Swift and we still looked like an outstanding team at this level. Outstanding.

Rafael 9 Outstanding. So alert. Great concentration. A string of fine saves
Esteves 9 I don’t get the criticism. Very solid defensively. Strong, tenacious, quick and skilful
Morrison 7 One or two shaky moments but still good.
Moore 8 Some tremendous challenges and blocks
Richards 7 At fault for a goal but otherwise very good.
Laurent 8. Scored a peach and broke up play well
Rinomhota 8 Worked tirelessly. Looked quick to the ball
Semedo 9 Terrific. Two assists imo. Some vital headers and challenges
Olise 7 Scored a cracker but sloppy after the break
Meite 7 Scored again. Always a threat
Joao 10 They were terrified of him. An assist, a goal, so many lovely touches

Aluko 6 Worked hard
McIntyre 6 Did ok

As above, I don't think they would improve the team

Possibly not but still great options off the bench or available to use

Could see Swift doing a great job if fully fit and firing in this side tbh

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Oct 2020 22:08

Pepe the Horseman
NewCorkSeth Cant get over it. Nothing compares to this feeling.

Alright Sinead.

Don't you dare say a bad word about her.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Oct 2020 22:09

Ok, so WTF is going on. Serious WTAF is going on?

Screw Stam's shit play chancing it to Wembley. Not fussed about McDermott's team who long balled it up to the PL and came crashing back down. I'd even say I don't remember Team 106 exciting me as much as this team. FSB's team same. These guys are just phenomenal.

Ratings

Rafa - 9 How many points is a good keeper worth? Backbone of our success.
Esteves - 7 Cuts in too much for me, too predictable, but did do well
Moore - 7 Solid as ever. Shame about the clean sheet
Morrison 7 Solid as ever. Shame about the clean sheet
Richards 9 Absolutely amazing BUT I missed the supposed blunder by him for their first.. unless I heard that wrong?
Laurent 8 Brilliant goal, brilliant performance.
RIno 7 Typical brilliant RIno
Semedo 9 Pauno is a brave man. I thought he wouldn;t start again. Absolutely brilliant performance. This guy was everywhere! I'm confused what is he? Defensive midfielder? Box to box? He was insanely good.
Olise 7 Harsh I know especially after that fantastic goal, but since then he seemed to go off the boil hence only 7. He is an absolute legend though. He'll play in the PL, hopefully with us.
Meite 7 Harsh probably as I missed the bloody goal. Seemed to stop being as effective after the knock
Joao 9 This guy is something else.

McIntyre - I didn't see enough of him to judge sorry
Aluko - 6 seemed to be ok. Not enough time to shine. One brilliant bit of effort but noone in support with him. Wrong phase of the game for a player like him I guess.

Pauno - 9 Chooses to play Semedo after last game's poor showing and it turns out to be a masterstroke. Obviously gets it right again somehow. Subs very wise as ever. Fantastic even without Ejaria. He can do non wrong at the moment.

This team is special.

I can't see where the likes of Swift would play on his return.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 27 Oct 2020 22:10

Hound Looked a cracking side tonight against a good Blackburn team who will roll plenty more teams over this year

We’re strong throughout - has skill, pace, strength and work rate, a solid defence and a very good keeper

One thing I noticed tonight is just how good all our players are on the ball - so skilful and able to play out of tight corners. And this without Swift, Yiadom, Ejaria and with quality like Puscas and McIntyre Barely getting on the pitch

First time I’m genuinely starting to believe

Olise was taking the piss at times. We looked almost arrogant. This is a technically very gifted side but we now have some steel to go with it. Esteves is some player. He is fine defensively. He is physical and very quick. Can’t see Yids getting back in the side.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Oct 2020 22:12

Pepe the Horseman

Alright Sinead.

:lol:

Bald chap, ripped up the Pope.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Oct 2020 22:13

Millsy
Pepe the Horseman

Alright Sinead.

SNL haven't apologised for how they treated her the week after and that episode is still out of circulation. Outrageous.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 27 Oct 2020 22:14

CountryRoyal
Simmops
CountryRoyal
Tbf the view that I’m negative is just lazy, I just say it how I see it, when I think we’re doing well I say it, when I think we’re shit I say it.

You've never ever said we are doing well

That’s just not true. I’m not going to bother referencing because the opinions of people on an Internet forum don’t really do much to peek my interest, but in every match thread I say when we do something good and I like what I see.

That's fair enough and good. Its good to be positive.

Rax

by Rax » 27 Oct 2020 22:15

Millsy
Pepe the Horseman

Alright Sinead.

But you would wouldn't ya!

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 27 Oct 2020 22:16

Millsy Ok, so WTF is going on. Serious WTAF is going on?

Screw Stam's shit play chancing it to Wembley. Not fussed about McDermott's team who long balled it up to the PL and came crashing back down. I'd even say I don't remember Team 106 exciting me as much as this team. FSB's team same. These guys are just phenomenal.

Ratings

Richards 9 Absolutely amazing BUT I missed the supposed blunder by him for their first.. unless I heard that wrong?
Semedo 9 Pauno is a brave man. I thought he wouldn;t start again. Absolutely brilliant performance. This guy was everywhere! I'm confused what is he? Defensive midfielder? Box to box? He was insanely good.
Olise 7 Harsh I know especially after that fantastic goal, but since then he seemed to go off the boil hence only 7. He is an absolute legend though. He'll play in the PL, hopefully with us.
Meite 7 Harsh probably as I missed the bloody goal. Seemed to stop being as effective after the knock

Aluko - 6 seemed to be ok. Not enough time to shine. One brilliant bit of effort but noone in support with him. Wrong phase of the game for a player like him I guess.

Pauno - 9 Chooses to play Semedo after last game's poor showing and it turns out to be a masterstroke. Obviously gets it right again somehow. Subs very wise as ever. Fantastic even without Ejaria. He can do non wrong at the moment.

This team is special.

DONT BE FU CKING STUPID

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Oct 2020 22:17

Jagermesiter1871
Millsy Ok, so WTF is going on. Serious WTAF is going on?

Ratings

This team is special.

DONT BE FU CKING STUPID

I have no choice. I'm Millsy.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Oct 2020 22:19

Rax
Millsy
Pepe the Horseman Alright Sinead.

But you would wouldn't ya!

Yeah probs.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 27 Oct 2020 22:24

Loved watching Olise jump on Joao's back after Joao's goal. He looked like a kid jumping on his dads back. Just great to see him enjoying his football so much, this team is really tight with each other.

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 Oct 2020 22:35

Quest and other outlets were saying that Blackburn have the best front line in the league.

Various outlets saying Brentford, Watford, Bournemouth etc.

Fact is - as yet only Boro have been able to contain our strike force. Goals from everywhere. I feel we have another gear and some more combinations to look at yet too.

The back line is rock solid with a great blend of youth and experience.

Trying not to get too carried away; but bloody exciting isn’t it!
Last edited by royalp-we on 27 Oct 2020 22:50, edited 2 times in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Oct 2020 22:36

It took us until the 11th December to reach 22 points last season. 12th January in 2018/19.

Both seasons started a month earlier. :lol:

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Oct 2020 22:39

genome It took us until the 11th December to reach 22 points last season. 12th January in 2018/19.

Both seasons started a month earlier. :lol:

Massive LOL.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 27 Oct 2020 22:40

I thought we were a lot more direct with our attacking play tonight, I don't mean route one; but running at players with pace, getting it down the wing etc etc. I wonder if that has something to do with Ejaria not playing.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Oct 2020 22:48

Blackburn are going to score lots and concede lots this season. Far too open.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 27 Oct 2020 22:51

Joao had the vibe of a schoolteacher getting involved with the year 8's breaktime kick about. He just bullies defenders all day, while being clear minded enough to assist Meite and to not snap at shots but rather to time them. Excellent work rate as well. Made a few crucial interventions in our own half. Feels like he knows that if he's going to ever make the step up into the big time and make good on his promise it has to be this season.

JR

by JR » 27 Oct 2020 23:02

Just so clinical and all of a sudden we have class and commitment all over the pitch.

Hoping we can roll with this momentum all the way to the international break.

Teams at the top always go through tough patches but with the fixture list so congested we could really take advantage by growing more in confidence from game to game.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 27 Oct 2020 23:18

The work rate of Semedo, Laurent and Rinomhota was unbelievable tonight. With Meite and Joao playing as a two up front, especially first half, we were very narrow on the defensive transition with their full backs always providing an option. But those three just kept putting in 30-40 yard sprints to cover their wingers and full backs. Very few times did Esteves or Richards get exposed 2 on 1. Olise also put in a shift first half too, but dropped away second.

148 posts