BTFT - Blackburn

148 posts
Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BTFT - Blackburn

by Winston Biscuit » 29 Oct 2020 09:59

Just done some research (more than she did!) and I believe the lady is Flo Lloyd-Hughes, who appears to be a QPR fan.

Everything falls into place

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Oct 2020 10:03

Winston Biscuit Just done some research (more than she did!) and I believe the lady is Flo Lloyd-Hughes, who appears to be a QPR fan.

Can confirm she is also a borderline boiler.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 29 Oct 2020 10:05

Still my worry is the length of some of the contracts of our brightest stars. In particular-
OOC next summer
Omar Richards
Tom McIntyre

OOC next summer-
Holmes
Olise

Other senior players are also going to be OOC but these are the ones that should be tied down soon. All 4 of these at the moment should be on 3-4 year contracts and it is worrying they don’t seem to be signing.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 29 Oct 2020 10:46

WTRoyal
Hound
Millsy Unrelated question sorry guys. How does Laurent pronounce his name? He sounds quite English to me so isn't it just Lorrent instead of Loron?
Is that just a Dellorisation ?

did wonder the same. He's from Leytonstone, not Paris. I'm guessing its 'Lorrent'

How JL pronounces his surname probably depends more on how his parents pronounce it than on where he was born though doesn't it?

Oh of course yeah.

We're just guessing though. It's just less likely if he was born there he'd be pronouncing it that way, but of course it's possible, if his parents immigrated from a french speaking country or they just prefer that pronunciation. My guess is with his other middle names not being particularly French he'd say Lorrent but I have no idea.

I need to listen out for when they introduce themselves on BBCRB, I'm intrigued now. Although I imagine unless he's an incredibly posh footballer he won't be pronouncing the T at the end of his surname anyway, but it would be interesting to see where he puts the emphasis - the way Dellor does at the end as in loRON like the French or like us with LOren'

I'll listen out!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Oct 2020 10:47

Winston Biscuit Just done some research (more than she did!) and I believe the lady is Flo Lloyd-Hughes, who appears to be a QPR fan.

Didn't she used to play for Chelsea?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Oct 2020 11:34

Ohhhh. Her brother is Henry Lloyd-Hughes, actor in “The Game” and “Killing Eve” and played Donovan in the Inbetweeners.

Random.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 29 Oct 2020 11:56

Vicky Pollard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSZHpdm6r6E

Enjoyable review of the game

Very entertaining and fair (though the Joao transfer fee he quoted was a bit OTT!).

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 29 Oct 2020 14:35

Mr Angry
Vicky Pollard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSZHpdm6r6E

Enjoyable review of the game

Very entertaining and fair (though the Joao transfer fee he quoted was a bit OTT!).

SW will have quoted as high a price as possible including add-ons to make their position sound better

We'll quote the lowest possible price for the same reason

148 posts