BTFT - Blackburn

148 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BTFT - Blackburn

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2020 08:22

Zip
karbota Outstanding performance, I think we have see the last of Puscas.

We certainly haven’t. At some stage Joao will be injured or rested and Puscas will step in and do a job. He is improving all the time and will play his part this season.

Do we need to put up a 'don't feed the troll' sign zip?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 08:23

Snowflake Royal My biggest worry right now is getting promoted and seeing all these Academy starlets we've seen growing fall down the pecking order or be discarded.

I'd much rather see McIntyre, Holmes and Tetek become regulars than be thumped by Liverpool and City whilst oxf*rd Leeds patronise us.

I agree but look how fast Richards has developed? McIntyre is close. As Zip says above there is unlikely to be a more committed player at the club. He bleeds Reading FC and bleeds for Reading FC. He is only a couple of steps away.

The others.. yeah.. they would slip away.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 28 Oct 2020 08:23

Zip

We certainly haven’t. At some stage Joao will be injured or rested and Puscas will step in and do a job. He is improving all the time and will play his part this season.

I hope your right, but I think Pauno has him sussed out. BTW why are we still doing the knee thing?, most clubs are dropping it now, no politics in football please.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 28 Oct 2020 08:24

Not sure I can quite believe what’s happening!

The balance of the side is a lot better, and playing a consistent line-up can’t be overestimated.

And all without those wingers we all thought we needed... :lol:

The only downside is none of us can go...would be ironic if the next time we can go, we’re crap in the Prem!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2020 08:27

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal My biggest worry right now is getting promoted and seeing all these Academy starlets we've seen growing fall down the pecking order or be discarded.

I'd much rather see McIntyre, Holmes and Tetek become regulars than be thumped by Liverpool and City whilst oxf*rd Leeds patronise us.

I agree but look how fast Richards has developed? McIntyre is close. As Zip says above there is unlikely to be a more committed player at the club. He bleeds Reading FC and bleeds for Reading FC. He is only a couple of steps away.

Richards not a great example seeing as he's been playing in the first team for about four seasons now.

I'm behind Tommy Mac all the way, but if we go up do you think we won't buy at least one, if not two, CBs and make him and Holmes 4th / 5th / 6th choice?

Might be ok with a Champ loan for a year to break in.

Obviously all hypothetical as it's a long old season.

More and more all I care about is watching Reading play well, win games and bring through youth, top flight holds less and less appeal.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 08:30

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

Richards not a great example seeing as he's been playing in the first team for about four seasons now.

I'm behind Tommy Mac all the way, but if we go up do you think we won't buy at least one, if not two, CBs and make him and Holmes 4th / 5th / 6th choice?

Might be ok with a Champ loan for a year to break in.

Obviously all hypothetical as it's a long old season.

More and more all I care about is watching Reading play well, win games and bring through youth, top flight holds less and less appeal.

I'm with you. I love watching this club produce talent but we have to be consistently at the top end for it to work so, even if its not this season, we will get promoted if the club fulfils and maintains its ethos.

Yeah Richards has been in and around but with all the manager changes and being played as a winger and the lack of consistent game time it really feels like last season was the set up for him and this season could be the set up for TMac.

If we do go up I suspect a CB or 2 would be signed but would still expect TMac to develop enough this season to make himself a real option.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 28 Oct 2020 08:33

Remarkable that we're still only 5th favourites for promotion, most other teams with this sort of start would pretty quickly be installed as favourites for promotion.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2020 08:38

Snowflake Royal
Zip

Nope Puscas will be hacked off at the lack of game time. Important he is kept involved. He will be needed. He is very unlucky to be out of the side after such a fine performance v Watford.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 28 Oct 2020 08:40

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Nope Puscas will be hacked off at the lack of game time. Important he is kept involved. He will be needed. He is very unlucky to be out of the side after such a fine performance v Watford.

I think will start Friday

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 08:40

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

Puscas has to score every chance he gets to force his way into contention. Joao is on fire. Having said that I would be surprised to see Pauno start Puscas against Coventry. 3 day turn around and Joao worked very hard off the ball last night.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Oct 2020 08:42

I've been to Ewood Park once. It was a horrendous 0-0. The two games prior to that were 4-2 and 3-3. And the scores since have been 3-1, 3-1, 2-3, 2-2, 4-3, 2-4. :lol:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 08:43

Pepe the Horseman I've been to Ewood Park once. It was a horrendous 0-0. The two games prior to that were 4-2 and 3-3. And the scores since have been 3-1, 3-1, 2-3, 2-2, 4-3, 2-4. :lol:

Never go again. Unless we need a 0-0 draw obviously..

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 28 Oct 2020 08:48

genome It took us until the 11th December to reach 22 points last season. 12th January in 2018/19.

Both seasons started a month earlier. :lol:

kin ell

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Oct 2020 08:48

I feel that we have something really good going at the moment.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Oct 2020 08:50

Simmops I feel that we have something really good going at the moment.

What makes you think that?

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 28 Oct 2020 08:52

Don't get too excited, apart from the goals all the stats showed we lost that game yesterday.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Oct 2020 08:53

Pepe the Horseman

What makes you think that?

The voices in my head are telling me we do

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 28 Oct 2020 08:53

karbota

Don't get too excited, apart from the goals all the stats showed we lost that game yesterday.

Stats are meaningless

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 28 Oct 2020 08:53

Snowball
Zip
Snowflake Royal Do we need to put up a 'don't feed the troll' sign zip?

Rubbish.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 28 Oct 2020 08:55

Snowball
Zip
Snowflake Royal Do we need to put up a 'don't feed the troll' sign zip?

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he did start on Friday or possibly Wednesday against PNE.

148 posts