148 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: BTFT - Blackburn

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Oct 2020 23:23

Millsy
Jagermesiter1871
Millsy Ok, so WTF is going on. Serious WTAF is going on?

Screw Stam's shit play chancing it to Wembley. Not fussed about McDermott's team who long balled it up to the PL and came crashing back down. I'd even say I don't remember Team 106 exciting me as much as this team. FSB's team same. These guys are just phenomenal.

Ratings

Rafa - 9 How many points is a good keeper worth? Backbone of our success.
Esteves - 7 Cuts in too much for me, too predictable, but did do well
Moore - 7 Solid as ever. Shame about the clean sheet
Morrison 7 Solid as ever. Shame about the clean sheet
Richards 9 Absolutely amazing BUT I missed the supposed blunder by him for their first.. unless I heard that wrong?
Laurent 8 Brilliant goal, brilliant performance.
RIno 7 Typical brilliant RIno
Semedo 9 Pauno is a brave man. I thought he wouldn;t start again. Absolutely brilliant performance. This guy was everywhere! I'm confused what is he? Defensive midfielder? Box to box? He was insanely good.
Olise 7 Harsh I know especially after that fantastic goal, but since then he seemed to go off the boil hence only 7. He is an absolute legend though. He'll play in the PL, hopefully with us.
Meite 7 Harsh probably as I missed the bloody goal. Seemed to stop being as effective after the knock
Joao 9 This guy is something else.

McIntyre - I didn't see enough of him to judge sorry
Aluko - 6 seemed to be ok. Not enough time to shine. One brilliant bit of effort but noone in support with him. Wrong phase of the game for a player like him I guess.

Pauno - 9 Chooses to play Semedo after last game's poor showing and it turns out to be a masterstroke. Obviously gets it right again somehow. Subs very wise as ever. Fantastic even without Ejaria. He can do non wrong at the moment.

This team is special.

I can't see where the likes of Swift would play on his return.

DONT BE FU CKING STUPID

I have no choice. I'm Millsy.

What we’re witnessing from this squad is every bit as good as the results.

If Ejaria is fit he’ll play on Friday because he would be fresh in a week with 3 games in 6 days and his creativity would have improved us on the left.

But, the fact is we are developing a fantastic squad that can beat most of what this league has to offer despite significant injuries and, frankly, I think there’s more to come as we continue to gel upfront.

If Swift and Ejaria have to fight for their places, sit back and enjoy the ride!

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 27 Oct 2020 23:24

Old Man Andrews Who wants to suck me?

Simmops?

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Oct 2020 23:34

Even LordCKS is being positive :shock:

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Oct 2020 23:47

genome Even LordCKS is being positive :shock:

World has gone mad

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 27 Oct 2020 23:58

Call me crazy, nuts and a right oxf*rd but I’d actually consider starting Melvin-Lambert / Nevers and Tetek on Friday. I know we can’t take the ‘foot off the gas’ but with two tough, but winnable home games next week before the international break, let’s see how they do.

Nov / Dec looks a right sh*storm!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 00:12

It was good to see us actually passing the ball more crisply tonight, I did think against better sides we would play better and wasn't wrong. So much more inter-linking play and looked a lot sharper on the ball. Got to a tonne of 50/50s first which we couldn't say over the last two games. Thought we were excellent, yes Rover's defended shambolically but a lot of that was forced by us asserting the right pressure at the right time with Joao doing so much work. Top, top stuff.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Oct 2020 00:17

When you have a bloody good afternoon session, get home at 6.00pm and wake up at 11.00pm, first thing that came into my had was f*ck I`ve missed the game, *checks phone* oh well get the f*ck in there, absolutely buzzing.
need to keep this team together. because the big boys will come sniffing very soon.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 28 Oct 2020 00:18

royalp-we Call me crazy, nuts and a right oxf*rd but I’d actually consider starting Melvin-Lambert / Nevers and Tetek on Friday. I know we can’t take the ‘foot off the gas’ but with two tough, but winnable home games next week before the international break, let’s see how they do.

You're crazy, nuts and a right oxf*rd

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Oct 2020 00:21

Good game between two decent teams

Biggest difference for me was the midfield for us once again, picking up second balls, emphasised by Semedo’s work for the second goal

Rafael - 7

Esteves - 8
Morrison - 7
Moore - 8
Richards - 7

Rinomhota - 9
Laurent - 9
Semedo - 9

Meite - 8
Joao - 9
Olise - 8

Blackburn are a good team going forward but you can clearly see their shortcomings, concede too many and strange tactics (strikers on the wing and wingers at fullback)

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Oct 2020 07:30

royalp-we Call me crazy, nuts and a right oxf*rd but I’d actually consider starting Melvin-Lambert / Nevers and Tetek on Friday. I know we can’t take the ‘foot off the gas’ but with two tough, but winnable home games next week before the international break, let’s see how they do.

No getting away from this being nuts, but I would like to see Nevers and Tetek on the bench and then brought on. Don’t see much value in loading up on defenders and then sticking McIntyre behind the striker.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 07:34

SCIAG

No getting away from this being nuts, but I would like to see Nevers and Tetek on the bench and then brought on. Don’t see much value in loading up on defenders and then sticking McIntyre behind the striker.

I think McIntyre has done a job everything he has come on. He is there to disrupt play further up the field. He wins every header he goes in for and tracks players very well. Its working so far.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Oct 2020 07:40

NewCorkSeth
SCIAG

I think McIntyre has done a job everything he has come on. He is there to disrupt play further up the field. He wins every header he goes in for and tracks players very well. Its working so far.

Yeah to be fair the results speak for themselves - I’m just not convinced he’s more effective than an ordinary forward or midfielder would be.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 07:50

SCIAG
NewCorkSeth
SCIAG No getting away from this being nuts, but I would like to see Nevers and Tetek on the bench and then brought on. Don’t see much value in loading up on defenders and then sticking McIntyre behind the striker.

Yeah to be fair the results speak for themselves - I’m just not convinced he’s more effective than an ordinary forward or midfielder would be.

You may be right but I think the fact that he is asked to come on, disrupt, then play short simple passes works in his favour. He's not going to be expansive and he is less likely to fart around on the ball. But yeah. Ideally a midfielder could do that. Looks like Tetek is the only option we have for that though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2020 08:07

NewCorkSeth
SCIAG
NewCorkSeth I think McIntyre has done a job everything he has come on. He is there to disrupt play further up the field. He wins every header he goes in for and tracks players very well. Its working so far.

You may be right but I think the fact that he is asked to come on, disrupt, then play short simple passes works in his favour. He's not going to be expansive and he is less likely to fart around on the ball. But yeah. Ideally a midfielder could do that. Looks like Tetek is the only option we have for that though.

Whilst it's working I'm super happy with it because it means he's playing a valuable part, getting minutes, feeling involved and learning the game at this level. If it was an established pro like Moore I'd be pissed, because he'd be blocking progress for an academy lad like Tetek, but McIntyre is one of the Academy lads.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 28 Oct 2020 08:14

Anyone think the forward line moved a lot quicker with some crisp inter passing? Ejaria tends to hold onto the ball and slow things down a lot. The pace up front was a big change.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 08:14

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
SCIAG Yeah to be fair the results speak for themselves - I’m just not convinced he’s more effective than an ordinary forward or midfielder would be.

Whilst it's working I'm super happy with it because it means he's playing a valuable part, getting minutes, feeling involved and learning the game at this level. If it was an established pro like Moore I'd be pissed, because he'd be blocking progress for an academy lad like Tetek, but McIntyre is one of the Academy lads.

I get that. McIntyre was so essential to most of our predicted seasons yet Moore has turned on his wow factor again and Morrison is just a pure warrior so McIntyre getting his game time a little further forward with an important role is fine by me too.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 28 Oct 2020 08:17

Outstanding performance, only marred by the knee thing.
Last edited by karbota on 28 Oct 2020 08:19, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2020 08:17

My biggest worry right now is getting promoted and seeing all these Academy starlets we've seen growing fall down the pecking order or be discarded.

I'd much rather see McIntyre, Holmes and Tetek become regulars than be thumped by Liverpool and City whilst oxf*rd Leeds patronise us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2020 08:18

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
SCIAG Yeah to be fair the results speak for themselves - I’m just not convinced he’s more effective than an ordinary forward or midfielder would be.

You won’t find a more committed player at the club than Tom McIntyre. Delighted he didn’t go on loan and pleased he is involved. He is all action when he comes on. Great to have that energy when players are tired.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2020 08:19

karbota Outstanding performance, I think we have see the last of Puscas.

We certainly haven’t. At some stage Joao will be injured or rested and Puscas will step in and do a job. He is improving all the time and will play his part this season.

148 posts