MATCHWATCH : Coventry City (a) sponsored by Jimmy Hill

412 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Coventry City (a) sponsored by Jimmy Hill

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2020 09:30

Meite took a heavy knock last night and is a slight doubt for this one. Ejaria is expected to return after being rested following muscle fatigue from the Rotherham game.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 28 Oct 2020 10:21

I'm reluctant to change a winning side, so largely keep with this core team, subject to injuries.

If Meite took a knock, can Olise play right, and Ejaria left?

If we're 2:0 up with 30 minutes to go, would wring the changes with the usual McIntyre, Aluko subs and maybe Puscas too. Keep everyone involved.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 10:30

I view this in a similar light to Wycombe and Rotherham games. Won’t be easy and mustn’t underestimate them, but, if we are going to push for promotion then games like this should be three points and hopefully put to bed early in the game.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 10:35

Simmops
CountryRoyal Can't see past a Coventry win here. :cry:

Why

Shhhh - it’s working. Pass it on.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 10:38

SCIAG
CountryRoyal Can't see past a Coventry win here. :cry:

Yeah, not much chance of us scoring when they have Hyam, and it looks like our defence has finally started to leak.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 10:39

SouthDownsRoyal I view this in a similar light to Wycombe and Rotherham games. Won’t be easy and mustn’t underestimate them, but, if we are going to push for promotion then games like this should be three points and hopefully put to bed early in the game.

Agreed, but we do seem better away, even in empty stadiums. If teams try to take initiative against us, we're very good at using the space it creates. It will be interesting to see how Coventry approach this, as the "home" team playing in front of no fans in another city.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 10:40

SouthDownsRoyal I view this in a similar light to Wycombe and Rotherham games. Won’t be easy and mustn’t underestimate them, but, if we are going to push for promotion then games like this should be three points and hopefully put to bed early in the game.

Wouldn't leave Barnsley off that list. They came with the same intensity and did it better than Wycombe and Rotherham. Pauno needs to keep the lads focused for this one. No easy games in this league and we will be seen as a free hit for a lot of teams. Teams can really go for it against us so we have to be careful.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Oct 2020 10:45

NewCorkSeth

Wouldn't leave Barnsley off that list. They came with the same intensity and did it better than Wycombe and Rotherham. Pauno needs to keep the lads focused for this one. No easy games in this league and we will be seen as a free hit for a lot of teams. Teams can really go for it against us so we have to be careful.

I think thats what we want tbh. If teams sit back, I could see us getting a bit frustrated

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Oct 2020 11:05

Hound
NewCorkSeth

I think thats what we want tbh. If teams sit back, I could see us getting a bit frustrated

But unlike past years, we have players who can beat even the most organised of defences with individual skill. No matter which way you look at it and try and go about the game, we pose a threat. It's a headache for any opposition manager I think.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Oct 2020 13:18

CountryRoyal
Hound
NewCorkSeth Wouldn't leave Barnsley off that list. They came with the same intensity and did it better than Wycombe and Rotherham. Pauno needs to keep the lads focused for this one. No easy games in this league and we will be seen as a free hit for a lot of teams. Teams can really go for it against us so we have to be careful.

But unlike past years, we have players who can beat even the most organised of defences with individual skill. No matter which way you look at it and try and go about the game, we pose a threat. It's a headache for any opposition manager I think.

Yep I think Blackburn just proved that. We can outscored you if you leave your defence exposed and we are superb at soaking up pressure. Reckon the stronger teams will look to play defensively against us knowing we don't take many shots, like boro did and the weaker teams will attack and press hard hoping to snatch a win.

Brum Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Brum Royal » 28 Oct 2020 13:46

Hendo Idiots.

Disappointing to see your post as the only reference to this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2020 13:58

Hendo Idiots.

Groundhog day

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Oct 2020 17:40

Current Reading connections at Coventry

Reading are one of only 2 clubs, out of 13 that Mark Robins played for, for whom he failed to score a goal.

Dominic Hyam, released by Reading in 2017, is 12 appearances off of completing 100 league appearances.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Oct 2020 20:49

Looking forward to seeing Hyam. He was a cracking defender in the youth side.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Oct 2020 21:04

If we win this Paunovic has to be manager of the month again.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 28 Oct 2020 21:12

Unless Derby ship 2 in the last 20, Coventry will start the game against us in the bottom 3.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Oct 2020 08:15

As expected only an audio pass available for those in the UK only able to "watch" via ifollow.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Oct 2020 08:18

Zip If we win this Paunovic has to be manager of the month again.

Got a feeling they might give it to Gary Rowett if Millwall win at the weekend.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Oct 2020 08:24

Old Man Andrews

I’d be surprised. We have 13 from 5. They have 10 from 5 this month.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 29 Oct 2020 08:25

Zip
Old Man Andrews

I’d be surprised. We have 13 from 5. They have 10 from 5 this month.

Oh I know our record is better I just can't see the EFL giving it to Paunovic two months on the spin. Millwall have shot up the league and got a couple of very good results so that might influence the judging panel (some work experience kid).

412 posts