412 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Coventry City (a) sponsored by Jimmy Hill

by Zip » 31 Oct 2020 01:19

leon
Zip
URZZZZ
Don’t agree with them being dreadful but they didn’t create enough, set pieces in particular were poor

Could have done with another attacking option off the bench though

I would have liked a change of formation tonight and played two upfront against a side in desperate form.
Puscas is playing well and deserves to start.
I would have started him ahead of Aluko

Good points. We were far too meek tonight. We should have gone for them.

The game could have been over before Coventry scored. The Aluko chance. The Joao chance. The Semedo chance. On form this season two of those are converted and Coventry are done. They were there for the taking.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 31 Oct 2020 04:01

Just had a horrible nightmare that we lost to Coventry City. Glad it was just a dream!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Oct 2020 07:33

leon
Zip
URZZZZ
Don’t agree with them being dreadful but they didn’t create enough, set pieces in particular were poor

Could have done with another attacking option off the bench though

I would have liked a change of formation tonight and played two upfront against a side in desperate form.

Why on earth would a manager who has just won 7 out of 8 league games change formation to play a team in the bottom half?

There's not even much of an argument for bringing on Puscas much earlier given what we were doing worked and we got an equaliser. The problem was the team got complacent and immediately let them get back in front. We'd no reason to expect that.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Oct 2020 08:32

Snowflake Royal
leon
Zip

Why on earth would a manager who has just won 7 out of 8 league games change formation to play a team in the bottom half?

There's not even much of an argument for bringing on Puscas much earlier given what we were doing worked and we got an equaliser. The problem was the team got complacent and immediately let them get back in front. We'd no reason to expect that.

We did not play well in the second half. We got the equaliser out of the blue having huffed and puffed and not looked like scoring. The team looked tired. It needed freshening up. We then conceded shortly after to go 2-1 down but it wasn’t until we conceded the third that changes were made. Too little. Too late.

Teams will also now know how we play. No harm in changing things around. Let night Joao was being crowded out by a number of defenders in their penalty box. It worked for them. We needed another striker.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Oct 2020 09:27

Zip
Snowflake Royal
leon

We did not play well in the second half. We got the equaliser out of the blue having huffed and puffed and not looked like scoring. The team looked tired. It needed freshening up. We then conceded shortly after to go 2-1 down but it wasn’t until we conceded the third that changes were made. Too little. Too late.

Teams will also now know how we play. No harm in changing things around. Let night Joao was being crowded out by a number of defenders in their penalty box. It worked for them. We needed another striker.

It’s almost as though Ian’s happy we lost so he can say I told you so.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Oct 2020 10:34

leon
Zip
Snowflake Royal Why on earth would a manager who has just won 7 out of 8 league games change formation to play a team in the bottom half?

It's almost like you can't read and don't understand me. It's not me complaining about anything leon.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 31 Oct 2020 10:58

Zip
Snowflake Royal
leon

It didn't - he scored and missed 2 sitters...that's hardly working well, the problems were at the other end

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Oct 2020 11:04

We also made the change before we conceded the third.

We win 7 in 9, Joao's scored 9 goals and because we narrowly lose 3-2 with some defensive errors we need to throw away what's been working and play another striker because people are still obsessed with two upfront.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Oct 2020 11:46

Had the game been on a Saturday, with no Sky camera's, 3 points easily.
Because of the rain and grease on the ball they were clearly told to shoot.
Oh well, I hope Derby (who I can't stand) can do something today to protect the lead still.
I'm starting to loath the retirement home having read some of their fans comments. Talk about entitlement.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Oct 2020 11:46

Snowflake Royal We also made the change before we conceded the third.

We win 7 in 9, Joao's scored 9 goals and because we narrowly lose 3-2 with some defensive errors we need to throw away what's been working and play another striker because people are still obsessed with two upfront.

Ian you do yourselves no favours with some of your childish comments. No one is obsessed with two upfront. It’s barely been mentioned on here.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Oct 2020 11:47

Mid Sussex Royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal Why on earth would a manager who has just won 7 out of 8 league games change formation to play a team in the bottom half?

It didn't - he scored and missed 2 sitters...that's hardly working well, the problems were at the other end

He was still crowded out on a number of occasions.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Oct 2020 12:31

Snowflake Royal
leon
Zip

It's almost like you can't read and don't understand me. It's not me complaining about anything leon.

Youre right I don’t understand you.

412 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:50