MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

439 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (a) sponsored by Jimmy Quinn

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 15:06

andrew1957 Of course I am gutted but that was a great match to watch. Sometimes you just have to accept you are beaten by the better side and Bournemouth were fantastic second half. Superb attacking play by both sides.

Realistically we are not going up this season and most likely will end mid table. My main worry is whether the Bowen effect is now wearing off and whether Pauno will have the ability to turn the current situation round. He has no doubt made us more exciting going forwards but the defensive steel that Bowen brought back has now gone and we look very shaky at the back.

Similar to this. We played pretty well but they scored with every decent chance they got. It’s a poor run but we’ll stop it soon I’m sure. Came within a brilliant save of a draw at the best side in the division possibly

We’ve a tidy side but are making silly mistakes. Work to do but I saw a lot more good than bad today

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 15:07

Franconian Royal
Royal_jimmy
Franconian Royal
could you give a short summary of what he said? unfortunately, I didn't get to listen to it

In each of the last 4 defeats he's congratulated the opposition for their win.

Sportsmanship yes but maybe we lost those 4 games because we've played shit? Bournemouth were better than us 2nd half, but the other 3.5 games we were the better side in my opinion.

Didn't see the two televised games before the break so can't pass judgement there. Agree that there is no need to congratulate the other team, either. I do really. hope that he wakes up, because at this rate Pauno will be gone very soon. I don't think the owners will be liking this at all.

Owners have hardly splashed out this year. Realistically we are miles above where our expectations were in September

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 21 Nov 2020 15:08

andrew1957 Of course I am gutted but that was a great match to watch. Sometimes you just have to accept you are beaten by the better side and Bournemouth were fantastic second half. Superb attacking play by both sides.

Realistically we are not going up this season and most likely will end mid table. My main worry is whether the Bowen effect is now wearing off and whether Pauno will have the ability to turn the current situation round. He has no doubt made us more exciting going forwards but the defensive steel that Bowen brought back has now gone and we look very shaky at the back.

I personally think that there has been change in style from Pauno since we won the 7 out of 8 games. He might have thought to himself that he could use this newer style because we're good going forwards and then we can hold out for a win. Obviously it hasn't worked. He needs to go back to the style he was using before and STICK to it.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 15:08

Thanks Andrew, was going to leave it a few games more and didn't want to be the first to say it. :lol:

Seriously though... all you manager out boo boys, how many matches does Pauno have to lose in a row before you start calling for his head too?

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 21 Nov 2020 15:09

Hound
Franconian Royal
Royal_jimmy

Sportsmanship yes but maybe we lost those 4 games because we've played shit? Bournemouth were better than us 2nd half, but the other 3.5 games we were the better side in my opinion.

Didn't see the two televised games before the break so can't pass judgement there. Agree that there is no need to congratulate the other team, either. I do really. hope that he wakes up, because at this rate Pauno will be gone very soon. I don't think the owners will be liking this at all.

Owners have hardly splashed out this year. Realistically we are miles above where our expectations were in September

Yes, but 4 defeats in a row conceding 15 (?) in 5, that speaks for itself. The owners need to help Pauno out here. Get him another striker like joāo. he also needs to integrate Puscas as well, or just sell him.

JR

by JR » 21 Nov 2020 15:10

Royal_jimmy I wish the manager would stop congratulating the opponents and be more tough on the players. Sounds like a right soft touch.

I'm not sure he is a right soft touch behind closed doors. Reckon he'll be giving them fury.

Franconian Royal

by Franconian Royal » 21 Nov 2020 15:12

JR
Royal_jimmy I wish the manager would stop congratulating the opponents and be more tough on the players. Sounds like a right soft touch.

I'm not sure he is a right soft touch behind closed doors. Reckon he'll be giving them fury.

And rightly so. But whatever he said at HT was not right either, it simply didn't work.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 21 Nov 2020 15:13

bcubed
Zip

I don’t want to hear about how well we played. We have conceded 15 in 5 and some of those have been embarrassing. We look a really soft touch again.

Ranked 92nd in the country for goals conceded in last 5 too

Out of how many?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 15:13

Snowflake Royal
Bristol Paul Still think we sit back far too much and leave too much space for the opposition to play in. Moore, Richards and Esteves are all quick so it’s not as though we have to sit back because we’re slow, but every one if the last four defeats is us sitting back far too much.

Disagree completely. We gave Bournemouth almost nothing first half sitting back and defending deep in numbers. That's basically how our good run happened.

We opened up against Blackburn and since then it's been goals galore. Loads of the recent goals have been us losing the ball and getting hit on the break.

It was noticeable how much space there was in the middle of the pitch for Bournemouth to exploit. It meant that they were able to get the ball out wide very quickly and we were under pressure. What worked earlier in the sewson isn’t working now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Nov 2020 15:17

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Bristol Paul Still think we sit back far too much and leave too much space for the opposition to play in. Moore, Richards and Esteves are all quick so it’s not as though we have to sit back because we’re slow, but every one if the last four defeats is us sitting back far too much.

Disagree completely. We gave Bournemouth almost nothing first half sitting back and defending deep in numbers. That's basically how our good run happened.

We opened up against Blackburn and since then it's been goals galore. Loads of the recent goals have been us losing the ball and getting hit on the break.

It was noticeable how much space there was in the middle of the pitch for Bournemouth to exploit. It meant that they were able to get the ball out wide very quickly and we were under pressure. What worked earlier in the sewson isn’t working now.

As I said, it worked first half. We then stopped doing it second half and opened up the space which they exploited.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 21 Nov 2020 15:19

Franconian Royal
Royal_jimmy
Franconian Royal
could you give a short summary of what he said? unfortunately, I didn't get to listen to it

+1 to that

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 21 Nov 2020 15:20

Zip
Snowflake Royal

And opening up isn’t the same as pushing up. You can still play tight, just don’t give teams room to play. It was noticeable, as it has been in a number of games, how teams push right up leaving us no room to play, but we don’t seem to reciprocate.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 15:39

Zip
Snowflake Royal

Not like they were carving through us though. Basically got behind us one for their second in the centre and once down the left for their first. I can’t really remember them making any other chances.

3rd decent shot but not closed quick enough in midfield. 4 just horrendous keeping.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 15:46

JR

He sounded pretty pissed off on the JLow transcript to me

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Nov 2020 15:49

Hound
Zip
Snowflake Royal Disagree completely. We gave Bournemouth almost nothing first half sitting back and defending deep in numbers. That's basically how our good run happened.

Not like they were carving through us though. Basically got behind us one for their second in the centre and once down the left for their first. I can’t really remember them making any other chances.

3rd decent shot but not closed quick enough in midfield. 4 just horrendous keeping.

They were getting into attacking positions far too easily though. We didn’t make it hard enough for them in that respect. Nowhere near hard enough.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 21 Nov 2020 15:51

I know Aluko scored but the downfall started with his sloppiness at tracking back. We really can't afford to keep carrying him and hope he will come good. He is inconsistent and frankly doesn't do enough. I hope that's his last start.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 21 Nov 2020 15:51

first 7 games top of the entire league for goals conceded, since then 92nd. :shock:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 15:52

Not sure. I saw it as just poor individual errors for 3 of the 4. Lack of concentration rather than whole set up being wrong. Certainly don’t think we were lethargic and thought we weee the better side at 2-2

Major issues with these individual lapses though. Way too many and consistently leading to goals

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Nov 2020 15:52

Ascotexgunner I know Aluko scored but the downfall started with his sloppiness at tracking back. We really can't afford to keep carrying him and hope he will come good. He is inconsistent and frankly doesn't do enough. I hope that's his last start.

Agreed. Far too sloppy except his goal

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Nov 2020 15:57

Hound
Ascotexgunner I know Aluko scored but the downfall started with his sloppiness at tracking back. We really can't afford to keep carrying him and hope he will come good. He is inconsistent and frankly doesn't do enough. I hope that's his last start.

Agreed. Far too sloppy except his goal

Not going to change from the player that we've seen on numerous occasions before and why previous managers have all discarded him. Simply doesn't do enough to warrant inclusion in the team. In terms of all round contribution.

439 posts