BFTT Bournemouth

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTT Bournemouth

by Zip » 22 Nov 2020 09:37

Yiadom is a big miss at the moment. He wouldn’t have been caught out of position the way Esteves was.
On our left flank it was noticeable how little trouble Richards was in by comparison. He has been the revelation this season. He has always shown flashes of skill but he has come on leaps and bounds defensively. He is a high quality full back these days.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 22 Nov 2020 09:44

We can blame their first 3 goals on our errors but looking at them again they were just very well worked goals. Yes had we a better RB we could possibly have stopped the first 2. but overall we have a much better team than last year that play some exciting football. But we have a major weakness on right of defence. The poor mentality is a result of losing games when most of the time we were the better team. I think the luck we had in first 7 games has evened itself out now. Our squad is probably top half of table. With a couple of recruits we could possibly challenge for play-offs if we can hold our own until the new year

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2020 09:45

Zip Yiadom is a big miss at the moment. He wouldn’t have been caught out of position the way Esteves was.
On our left flank it was noticeable how little trouble Richards was in by comparison. He has been the revelation this season. He has always shown flashes of skill but he has come on leaps and bounds defensively. He is a high quality full back these days.

Absolutely. I can’t think of anything that came from his side at all, I thought he was superb. Having Ovie there helps as well

And yes the contrast to our right side was obvious

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 22 Nov 2020 09:53

People are blaming Esteves. Yes he was defensively shit as ever and I’m fed up of us being some training experience for someone else’s wonder-kid whom they didn’t bother to teach basics to for some reason.

The obvious option while yids is out is Holmes but remember he wasn’t exactly great in defence either.

There’s something seriously wrong with the defensive unit and Pauno needs to sort it. I said a while back the real test for Pauno in my eyes was how he’d respond to a defeat. The answer so far is he just cultivates more of them. We have Esteves making recurrent mistakes. We have Rafa making even more mistakes. We had McIntyre, Gibson and yesterday arguably Moore making mistakes. We can swap out Esteves for Holmes but anyone who thinks the mistakes will vanish is deluded.

Once again I ask what O’Sheas experience is tightening up a useless defence. What is the Eddie doing? What are the owners going to do? Squandering a 7 point lead due to a defensive meltdown. First 7 games best defence in the country. Now the worst. There has to be a better solution than relying on sideways personnel changes.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2020 10:52

Zip Yiadom is a big miss at the moment. He wouldn’t have been caught out of position the way Esteves was.

Lol.

How can the problem be giving them loads of easy possession if Richards was untroubled.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Nov 2020 10:57

Snowflake Royal

Lol.

How can the problem be giving them loads of easy possession if Richards was untroubled.

Er because they chose to attack us down our right flank.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2020 11:11

So the problem isn't their possession.

It's about playing the diabolical Aluko with the clueless Esteves.

We play exactly the same way second half with Holmes on the pitch and we don't lose that game IMO.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Nov 2020 11:15

Snowflake Royal So the problem isn't their possession.

We play exactly the same way second half with Holmes on the pitch and we don't lose that game IMO.

They certainly did their homework. Aluko and Esteves were a desperately weak defensive link.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 22 Nov 2020 11:16

Zip

They certainly did their homework. Aluko and Esteves were a desperately weak defensive link.

I think it's more that we didn't do ours. The commentator repeatedly said that the majority of their goals this season have come from the left hand side.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Nov 2020 11:18

Pepe the Horseman
Zip

I think it's more that we didn't do ours. The commentator repeatedly said that the majority of their goals this season have come from the left hand side.

Fair comment.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2020 11:23

When the team scores all it's chances and gives away nothing, management is a piece of piss.

We'll see what Paunovic is made of over the next few games. At this rate we could easily be on a six game losing streak by December.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2020 12:22

Zip
Pepe the Horseman
Zip

Fair comment.

Yep. In retrospect the Aluko/Esteves wasn’t the right option

But then I guess Meite isn’t fully fit hence Aluko. Esteves over Holmes prob a mistake but not convinced a young CB playing out of position after not playing for a month would have done that much better either tbh. Yiadom obvs a big miss

Worth remembering that Danjuna chap is a Dutch international who cost £15m, Brooks is apparently a £30m player and that chap who moved to LB at ht was £15m as well if I remember rightly

We generally did pretty well against them and that is a big positive

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 22 Nov 2020 14:01

I understand all the negative reactions and I felt the same yesterday but:

We won't come up against Danjuma & Brooks level of quality very often this season

Pauno changed things on the right - they scored 2 very quickly though and there was no need to change anything at half time

We got back in to it well at 2-2 and didn't crumble (as has been said on here) and got done by a 1 in 100 shot and even then nearly equalised but were denied by a premier league quality keeper.

I just think looking back at the 12 games the fine margins are on the other side atm, we could easily have gone behind against the likes of Barnsley/Rotherham/Wycombe due to woeful first half displays but didn't due to poor finishing rather than amazing defending.

Still reckon we are good for top 10

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Nov 2020 14:12

Yes. The errors and weaknesses aside, let us not forget the undeniable fact - Bournemouth have a significantly better team than us.

We gave them a good game.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 22 Nov 2020 15:57

Snowflake Royal
We'll see what Paunovic is made of over the next few games. At this rate we could easily be on a six game losing streak by December.

Post match interview was far less convincing yesterday. At least Bowen said as it was. Speed Paunovic was talking yesterday he sounded flustered.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2020 15:58

Royal Rother Yes. The errors and weaknesses aside, let us not forget the undeniable fact - Bournemouth have a significantly better team than us.

Yep. Need to consider the general expectations. They’ve a team of 10m players whilst ours is made up of freebies, academies and loans with the odd money signing in there

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Nov 2020 16:03

Yep, Stacey really is excellent. Wonder which idiots let him go.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 22 Nov 2020 16:09

Snowflake Royal Yep, Stacey really is excellent. Wonder which idiots let him go.

Stam and Tevreden wasn’t it? Still at least we got some money for him

Thought he was ok. Nothing that special tbh.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 22 Nov 2020 16:49

St Pauli
Hound Cut out the errors and we’ve a decent side. Easier said than done of course

Motm Richards who was excellent

Agreed.

This has the makings of a decent playoff side, with an outside chance of a top 2 finish.

Big improvements on last season, onwards and upwards. The luck of the first 9 games is being paid off with bad luck now. Overall it’s a talented hard working side who will provide us with some entertaining and probably successful football this season.

Exactly- it’s still a very young team so the trajectory is going to go upwards. Richards, Olise & Rino will continue to get better

The senior players are the issue. Joao has proved throughout his career that he is lazy...is that really going to change at 27, especially now he has such a good reputation with the fanbase. Will Cabral improve? Not really, although cutting out his errors will improve us

But the blend and balance of the squad is much improved and I thibk there’s lots of positives

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 22 Nov 2020 17:19

Hound
Royal Rother Yes. The errors and weaknesses aside, let us not forget the undeniable fact - Bournemouth have a significantly better team than us.

Yep. Need to consider the general expectations. They’ve a team of 10m players whilst ours is made up of freebies, academies and loans with the odd money signing in there

More than that.

I'll give you a free answer in this quiz. Number 25 is Bournemouth.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/qu ... -the-world