MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by an utter shambles

407 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by an utter shambles

by Zip » 09 Dec 2020 22:22

Crowbar6753 Well at least Baldock will give everything and run and hussle all game, and the guy does have a good finish in him if give the right opertunitys.
Whatever happens we have to play at a quicker pace, tonight was terrible and slow!! maybe this run of games is catching up with everyone and we hardly have a strong bench to call upon to help.
Swift and Araruna can't get back quick enough to help out over the festive period. I fear Meite and Joao could be out for a while.

Baldock will run and run but what else does he bring to the team?

Doolittle

by Doolittle » 09 Dec 2020 22:22

Zip
Doolittle Missing the pen completely knocked the stuffing out of them. Made it painfully obvious how much they rely on Joao.

They have to be stronger than that. It’s been a problem for years. We are so poor when we go behind. Not a good sign.

I agree. Lack of mental strength seems to be a recurring theme. We can expect individuals to have an off day, especially the young players. But with us, there seems to be a collective fragility. To see 10 men bullying us, like Birmingham did during the last 20 mins, was so frustrating. We should have been camped in their half, but instead we were being rushed into hasty clearances and silly fouls.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Dec 2020 22:25

Zip We had to resort to long ball stuff. None of our creative players were up for it and Meite was anonymous. When Joao stepped up I just knew Etheridge would save it. I think that moment will be pivotal in our season. Hope I’m wrong.

Yeah i wasn’t confident at all either

We actually did ok at long ball - Meite had a good second half. But ejaria and Olise stunk the place out as did Joao. Rino was poor in the first half. Basically Laurent the only midfielder to come out with credit really

retro royal

by retro royal » 09 Dec 2020 22:26

Very poor, from the kick off negative, invited Birmingham to push on, no pressing up top from us, we let Birmingham bully us, they did a good job, very physical but dived well as soon as they could.

The pitch looked really sticky horrible, really didn't help our quick passing, and certainly did help Joao's hamstring come the end, but he looks like he's never going to last a season without a decent spell out.

Poor management tonight, not that he's got a lot to work with, why not bring on Semedo and Esteves at the same time, 3 minutes apart chasing a game, when you've got 5 subs but only 3 sub periods, that's madness.

All in all a poor performance, negative football from the off, and with them late injuries I reckon that's season over, think we had to be in touch come January, don't see that happening now, hey ho, Come on you Royals

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Dec 2020 22:27

Just got home, desperately frustrating, Joao should have done much better with the chance deep into injury time, on target it`s in, then the penalty before that, easy to see why Birmingham are so hard to beat on the road, you don`t get an inch of space against them.
Joao and Meite injured...happy days.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Dec 2020 22:28

Hound
bcubed
Hound First half outplayed. Second half Brum just kicked the shit out of us and time wasted. Weirdly went away from the tactics that served them better in the first half

But I guess they earned the right to do it after coming in at 2-0 but tbh it almost backfired on them.

Penalty miss really did knock the stuffing. Joao moped about like a sulky teenager for the rest of the game (but still should have scored at the end)

Weird lack of energy after the pen as well. We looked pretty shot tbh. Very worrying with the injuries

I honesty don't think Birmingham changed their tactics with regard to the physicality of their play.

It was obvious from the start that they were really up for it and we didn't fancy the challenges. Hence we never got into the game.

And I don't think we have the personnel who will ever fancy that sort of game. Could be a bit of a problem

Oh they we even more physical. They stopped trying to score though and sat a lot deeper, and barely pressed at all

Thought we stood up to the physicality a lot better in the second. First half was the men against boys cliche

I know you were there (I think) and you're a good chap but I really didnt see it like that. We just seems intimidated from the off.

Ideally we need a Prem ref who blows up for everything and to play on a really good surface. Not sure why we haven't got that to be honest

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 09 Dec 2020 22:29

8)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Dec 2020 22:33

BR0B0T 8)

Penis

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 09 Dec 2020 22:43

leon
BR0B0T 8)

Penis

sponsored by LUX being a constant pcunt on the MU thread

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Dec 2020 22:46

Birmingham have 17 points from their last 7 visits here, safe to say they are a bit of a jinx.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 09 Dec 2020 22:49

Zip
Crowbar6753 Well at least Baldock will give everything and run and hussle all game, and the guy does have a good finish in him if give the right opertunitys.
Whatever happens we have to play at a quicker pace, tonight was terrible and slow!! maybe this run of games is catching up with everyone and we hardly have a strong bench to call upon to help.
Swift and Araruna can't get back quick enough to help out over the festive period. I fear Meite and Joao could be out for a while.

Recently, he's been on for 5-10mins and thats it. Maybe a full game and fingers crossed a goal will give him a new lease of life. This i guess is his last chance to prove the doubter's wrong and maybe even put himself in the shop window.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 09 Dec 2020 22:54

Anybody know if we have any decent forwards in the stiffs ? Looks like their playing Saturday.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Dec 2020 22:56

BR0B0T
leon
BR0B0T 8)

Penis

I thought you two love birds were back in each other’s arms.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 09 Dec 2020 23:00

leon
BR0B0T
leon
Penis

I thought you two love birds were back in each other’s arms.

nah he had to get pcunty again

his defense will be a typical AE one of 'winding up' but the same doesn't apply if you do the same back

I'm pretty bored of it tbh

don't use the ratLOLed meme...it'll be embarrassing

Needle

by Needle » 09 Dec 2020 23:26

bcubed Ideally we need a Prem ref who blows up for everything and to play on a really good surface. Not sure why we haven't got that to be honest

Because we're in the Championship and there's been a season (or two?) of rugby on our pitch.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 09 Dec 2020 23:30

Needle
bcubed Ideally we need a Prem ref who blows up for everything and to play on a really good surface. Not sure why we haven't got that to be honest

Because we're in the Championship and there's been a season (or two?) of rugby on our pitch.

I was only referring to why the pitch is not great. I realise we are in the Championship but you sometimes get a Prem style ref. Not often granted

And when was the last rugby played on it anyway?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 09 Dec 2020 23:32

First half was Stamnesque. Tactically inept. No variation.

Needed Swift tonight in that no 10 role. Olise may have a bright future but needs to become consistant.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 09 Dec 2020 23:35

Zip

I went to the same school as Baldock although I think I'd just left...used to play 5-a-side with his dad. His brother was pretty decent as well

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Dec 2020 23:35

At least if we get Swift and Puscas back we'll have better rotation options, right now we are far too reliant on the same starting XI and you can't ask them to repeatedly play this many games in a short amount of time.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Dec 2020 23:36

BR0B0T
Zip

I went to the same school as Baldock although I think I'd just left...used to play 5-a-side with his dad. His brother was pretty decent as well

I went to the same school and year as their keeper Etheridge, so I think I found myself getting extra wound up with the time wasting and when he saved the penalty.

Was funny when he very clearly and audibly swore at the ref.

407 posts