MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by an utter shambles

407 posts
Crowbar6753

Re: MATCHWATCH : Birmingham City (h) sponsored by an utter shambles

by Crowbar6753 » 08 Dec 2020 16:42

Hound I expect McIntyre could do a similar job to Holmes at LB. He is left footed isnt he?

But I don't think I'd particularly fancy 4 Cbs in the back 4. Almost Pulis style

I guess we could play with just three at the back!! Morrison Moore and Holmes, with both laurent and Rinhomota playing deep just in front as cover.
That would leave our three influential playmakers ahead of them as well as two up top.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 08 Dec 2020 17:19

Crowbar6753
Hound I expect McIntyre could do a similar job to Holmes at LB. He is left footed isnt he?

But I don't think I'd particularly fancy 4 Cbs in the back 4. Almost Pulis style

I guess we could play with just three at the back!! Morrison Moore and Holmes, with both laurent and Rinhomota playing deep just in front as cover.
That would leave our three influential playmakers ahead of them as well as two up top.

That would leave us very exposed down the flanks. Usually a back three is paired with wing-backs. I’m not sure about Ejaria as left wing-back. Maybe Olise and Meite could do it, but I’d rather sacrifice a striker and pick Bristow or Samuels.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 09 Dec 2020 11:15

Tonight looks like a big banana skin to me. Firstly, our home record against them is abysmal. Secondly, they seem best when playing defensively, soaking up pressure and hitting teams on the counter. They've taken 8 points from fixtures against Swansea, Stoke, Brentford and Bristol City but have been undermined by poor results against the likes of Wycombe, Barnsley and Coventry.

Win tonight and it's another sign we mean business; don't necessarily expect a routine home win against a lower mid table side.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 09 Dec 2020 11:44

WestYorksRoyal Tonight looks like a big banana skin to me. Firstly, our home record against them is abysmal. Secondly, they seem best when playing defensively, soaking up pressure and hitting teams on the counter. They've taken 8 points from fixtures against Swansea, Stoke, Brentford and Bristol City but have been undermined by poor results against the likes of Wycombe, Barnsley and Coventry.

Win tonight and it's another sign we mean business; don't necessarily expect a routine home win against a lower mid table side.

Yes agree - tough one tonight. They've lost just once away but on the flip side they have only won 4 games all season. One thing I've noticed from their match reports is that the games are never classics and their match v Cov on sky recently was dire from what I saw.

We've just played 2 games though against sides set up similar to how they probably will and in addition had most of the ball so hopefully we will have a bit more left in the tank than them, its far easier playing stamina wise having the ball most of the game. More worried on Sat as QPR have an extra day rest/prep

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Dec 2020 14:10

Mid Sussex Royal
WestYorksRoyal Tonight looks like a big banana skin to me. Firstly, our home record against them is abysmal. Secondly, they seem best when playing defensively, soaking up pressure and hitting teams on the counter. They've taken 8 points from fixtures against Swansea, Stoke, Brentford and Bristol City but have been undermined by poor results against the likes of Wycombe, Barnsley and Coventry.

Yes agree - tough one tonight. They've lost just once away but on the flip side they have only won 4 games all season. One thing I've noticed from their match reports is that the games are never classics and their match v Cov on sky recently was dire from what I saw.

We've just played 2 games though against sides set up similar to how they probably will and in addition had most of the ball so hopefully we will have a bit more left in the tank than them, its far easier playing stamina wise having the ball most of the game. More worried on Sat as QPR have an extra day rest/prep

But in both the last two games Reading were helped by opponents losing a player in the first half.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 09 Dec 2020 15:10

Old Man Andrews Won't be posting anything in this thread, no referee abuse and no comments during the game. Unfortunately Ian has taken any of the fun or enjoyment out of matchday threads by taking them over with constant shit opinions, not understanding basic laws of the game and generally being an arse. Awful, just awful.

Yes, It would be great if you never ever post anything again. I think I know you from Elm Park days, didnt you sell programmes from the trackside wearing a bubble hat?, and once shat yourself on a away day bus?, stank just stank, please just FO.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Dec 2020 18:50

Unchanged

Reading: Rafael, Holmes, Moore, Morrison, Richards, Rinomhota, Laurent, Ejaria, Meite, Olise, Joao.
Subs : Walker, Tetek, McIntyre, Gibson, Baldock, Aluko, Semedo, Esteves, Onen.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Dec 2020 18:59

Can’t complain with an unchanged team after a solid performance.

Rax

by Rax » 09 Dec 2020 19:15

URZZZZ So many dire games against this lot at home, as already alluded to

Lost last year’s 3-2 in what was one of the worst performances of the season
Five seasons in a row before last, we didn’t even score against them (in the league) with a possible contender for the most miserable home performance through the 2010s chucked in that lot

We’re surely due a home win against this lot

Add in Sir Steve's last league game for us - where we just needed a win to go up, conceded early, lost the game and then endured a Bikey meltdown in yet another failure in the play offs!

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 09 Dec 2020 19:17

Hendo Can’t complain with an unchanged team after a solid performance.

Totally agree. No question this is our best XI from those available.

Would be fantastic to hit the top of the table tonight, but we all know Norwich will score their weekly injury time winner to beat Forest !

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 09 Dec 2020 19:21

Reading can go top of the table tonight if they win and Norwich don’t

A Reading win will at least guarantee second place

Trouble is the game tonight is Birmingham at home

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Dec 2020 19:23

Old Man Andrews Won't be posting anything in this thread, no referee abuse and no comments during the game. Unfortunately Ian has taken any of the fun or enjoyment out of matchday threads by taking them over with constant shit opinions, not understanding basic laws of the game and generally being an arse. Awful, just awful.

Ian has his faults but this has to be one of his best contributions. Thanks Ian - poster of the year candidate.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Dec 2020 19:24

karbota

Yes, It would be great if you never ever post anything again. I think I know you from Elm Park days, didnt you sell programmes from the trackside wearing a bubble hat?, and once shat yourself on a away day bus?, stank just stank, please just FO.

Stop projecting your own sad past.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 09 Dec 2020 19:25

Sutekh Reading can go top of the table tonight if they win and Norwich don’t

A Reading win will at least guarantee second place

Trouble is the game tonight is Birmingham at home

I've never been one to read too much into that - different teams each year etc. But don't want to jynx it- so I agree, we're screwed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2020 19:30

Jagermesiter1871
Ian has his faults but this has to be one of his best contributions. Thanks Ian - poster of the year candidate.

I aim to please.

I find it amusing that it comes immediately after a game where I pretty much only posted during the first half rather than the entire game. And apart from the usual idiots we were all having decent conversations.

And the lols of coming from a guy who spent the entire match thread earlier in the season trying and failing to bait and berate me rather than contributing a solitary thing of value to the match chat. LOLoser.

Good riddance.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 09 Dec 2020 19:36

Morrison to shaft his ex team tonight hopefully.

Norwich Forest looks interesting. Norwich hardly tearing up the league and Forest desperate for a win and looking in big trouble. Do Forest go for it?.....or face yet another defeat.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2020 19:45

Joao's due a game without a goal, so need Meite / Olise / Ejaria to step up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Dec 2020 19:47

THey're targeting Morrison for the press and letting Moore have it.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 09 Dec 2020 19:48

Anyone not able to get Ifollow audio? it hasn't come through for me.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Dec 2020 19:49

Snowflake Royal THey're targeting Morrison for the press and letting Moore have it.

Yeah. Very obvious that. The one negative thing my friend told me about him was he couldn't pass to save his life. Clearly his ex teammates think so too.

407 posts