Back from the actual game

141 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the actual game

by Nameless » 07 Dec 2020 20:15

karbota
NewCorkSeth Interesting development that QPR will kneel on Tuesday when they face Millwall. Clearly doing so because they took Ferdinands comments out of context and are justifying their bullshit with what he said.

This debate really getting interesting.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/youre-losing- ... 18861.html

Fox clearly put one over luvvy Piers.

There’s nothing interesting there’s. Fox just looks like an idiot. He’s simply being a Katie Hopkins and saying provocative things to build a reputation amongst a.certain section of the population.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 08 Dec 2020 04:07

Nameless
karbota
NewCorkSeth Interesting development that QPR will kneel on Tuesday when they face Millwall. Clearly doing so because they took Ferdinands comments out of context and are justifying their bullshit with what he said.

There’s nothing interesting there’s. Fox just looks like an idiot. He’s simply being a Katie Hopkins and saying provocative things to build a reputation amongst a.certain section of the population.

Wrong, he already has a reputation as a brilliant actor, he is simply voicing what the majority of people think.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Dec 2020 07:27

karbota
Nameless
karbota

Wrong, he already has a reputation as a brilliant actor, he is simply voicing what the majority of people think.

He’s got a reputation for being a supporting character in a very middle of the road detective series !
He’s now trying to bolster his somewhat bland acting career by jumping on the populist bandwagon which attracts very vocal but not representative followers.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 08 Dec 2020 09:03

karbota
Nameless
karbota

Erm, really? I don't know anyone who thinks like that.

Good to see Fox put in his place when he bragged about breaking Covid rules by having a dinner party. A nurse responded to his Tweet after a twelve hour shift on a Covid ward. Time for Fox to Foxtrot Oscar.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Dec 2020 09:32

Nameless
karbota
Nameless

He’s got a reputation for being a supporting character in a very middle of the road detective series !
He’s now trying to bolster his somewhat bland acting career by jumping on the populist bandwagon which attracts very vocal but not representative followers.

:lol:
I'm amazed anyone knew who he was. I genuinely had to Google him the other month because he is constantly mentioned on Twitter.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Dec 2020 09:39

Nameless
RoyalBlue
Nameless Atmosphere was good too. Surprising amount of vocal support and people just seemed happy to chat with whoever they happened to be sat next to.
I reckon we should do all our home games like this !

Was one idiot sat behind me who kept criticising the players. Hard to believe with us soon control he had to keep finding fault, at top volume.

Suspect it may be the clown who in normal circumstances sits behind me in Y21. He always has to have at least two regular scapegoats and normally kicks off with his moaning soon after the game itself kicks off. I've had a few exchanges with him. He's very much a blood and thunder, hoof if forward type merchant. God help any skilful, less physical players who lose the ball.

He kept demanding we ‘switch’ the ball. My take was that the players seemed to know exactly what they were doing and really didn’t need his advice !

Sounds like it might be my 'mate' from Y21. I'm just surprised that the club haven't yet appointed him in some coaching capacity. :D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Dec 2020 09:44

RoyalBlue
Nameless
RoyalBlue
Suspect it may be the clown who in normal circumstances sits behind me in Y21. He always has to have at least two regular scapegoats and normally kicks off with his moaning soon after the game itself kicks off. I've had a few exchanges with him. He's very much a blood and thunder, hoof if forward type merchant. God help any skilful, less physical players who lose the ball.

He kept demanding we ‘switch’ the ball. My take was that the players seemed to know exactly what they were doing and really didn’t need his advice !

Sounds like it might be my 'mate' from Y21. I'm just surprised that the club haven't yet appointed him in some coaching capacity. :D

You're never more than about 20 seats from one in my experience.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Dec 2020 09:50

Zip If Laurent doesn’t get them. Rinomhota will. They work as a partnership and it’s brilliant to see.

Olise is something else. His vision, his passing, his composure, his skill. Another assist today and he would have had two had it not been for the handball. The way he created space for himself was so impressive. I’m struggling to think of a better performance from a Reading player than that.

There was one stage where he indulged in a long series of step-overs. Andy Hinchliffe commented that whilst Olise and the fans clearly enjoyed that, he suspected that Pauno would be less appreciative and that showboating like that was likely to get him clattered a few times! A valid point as we can't really afford for Olise to get broken, particularly if it happens because he's wound a defender up.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Dec 2020 10:19

RoyalBlue
Zip If Laurent doesn’t get them. Rinomhota will. They work as a partnership and it’s brilliant to see.

Olise is something else. His vision, his passing, his composure, his skill. Another assist today and he would have had two had it not been for the handball. The way he created space for himself was so impressive. I’m struggling to think of a better performance from a Reading player than that.

There was one stage where he indulged in a long series of step-overs. Andy Hinchliffe commented that whilst Olise and the fans clearly enjoyed that, he suspected that Pauno would be less appreciative and that showboating like that was likely to get him clattered a few times! A valid point as we can't really afford for Olise to get broken, particularly if it happens because he's wound a defender up.

The fans in the ground very much loved that. I did too. Had a shit eating grin on my face watching him take the piss.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 08 Dec 2020 10:23

RoyalBlue

Agreed, there is a fine balance to be found between letting a talented young player do outrageous stuff that works and over doing it. Both he and Ejaria sometimes miss that balance but it’s great to watch and I’d hate to see them cut it out entirely.
From the comments Moore was making throughout the game there is clearly a recognition that as a team we shouldn’t force things to happen and I think Paunovic will definitely to talking to Olise about making sensible decisions.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Dec 2020 10:50

there was a U23 game last year where someone absolutely clattered him after doing something like that. think he got sent off or something

I didn't think the step overs were particularly showboating tbh. A little bit maybe. IT was hardly pulling up his socks etc

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 08 Dec 2020 12:21

Don't know what the fuss is about. I'm very good at stepping over balls. The problems begin when my foot makes contact.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Dec 2020 12:45

The showboating is part of his game and one of the things that make him effective. And he usually reserves it for fairly safe situations.

If someone clatters him for it, then we benefit from free kicks, penalties and red cards. And hopefully no long term injury.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Dec 2020 12:49

Hound there was a U23 game last year where someone absolutely clattered him after doing something like that. think he got sent off or something

I didn't think the step overs were particularly showboating tbh. A little bit maybe. IT was hardly pulling up his socks etc

It was definitely showboating. Countless stopovers with zero function, he wasn’t trying to beat the man the defender was miles away from him.

Good on him.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 08 Dec 2020 13:18

Snowflake Royal The showboating is part of his game and one of the things that make him effective. And he usually reserves it for fairly safe situations.

If someone clatters him for it, then we benefit from free kicks, penalties and red cards. And hopefully no long term injury.

Disagree that showboating is 'part of his game'. It's currently a, possibly immature, part of his character. Can't think of many 'mature' professionals, even the most talented, who indulge in it. Most have more respect for their fellow professionals.

Yes, we might get a few free-kicks but no-one is going to clobber him in the area as an act of revenge. Nor are any likely to be as stupid as Collison. They will be far more subtle as Hinchliffe suggested. I'd rather not go with the 'hopefully no long term injury (or indeed any injury at all)' and I suspect VP will feel the same way.

If Olise wants to showcase his superb talent then the best way of doing that is through using it to create openings and goals for his team, rather than with a sequence of unproductive & meaningless stepovers.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Dec 2020 13:20

CountryRoyal
Hound there was a U23 game last year where someone absolutely clattered him after doing something like that. think he got sent off or something

It was definitely showboating. Countless stopovers with zero function, he wasn’t trying to beat the man the defender was miles away from him.

Good on him.

Dunno, it got him 10 yards closer to the penalty area. I guess the idea was for the defender to lose his cool, jump in and which point Olise skips away, or wins the free kick in a dangerous area.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 08 Dec 2020 13:21

RoyalBlue
Snowflake Royal The showboating is part of his game and one of the things that make him effective. And he usually reserves it for fairly safe situations.

Disagree that showboating is 'part of his game'. It's currently a, possibly immature, part of his character. Can't think of many 'mature' professionals, even the most talented, who indulge in it. Most have more respect for their fellow professionals.

Yes, we might get a few free-kicks but no-one is going to clobber him in the area as an act of revenge. Nor are any likely to be as stupid as Collison. They will be far more subtle as Hinchliffe suggested. I'd rather not go with the 'hopefully no long term injury (or indeed any injury at all)' and I suspect VP will feel the same way.

If Olise wants to showcase his superb talent then the best way of doing that is through using it to create openings and goals for his team, rather than with a sequence of unproductive & meaningless stepovers.

Uh-oh. The fun police are here. Better pack up guys. Party is over.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Dec 2020 14:40

Players play better when they are enjoying themselves. Olise does very little showboating that's dangerous or in areas where it is going to cost us if it goes wrong.

And it frequently gains him space.

Joao is also constantly doing the flicks etc.

More power to them.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 10 Dec 2020 10:30

Snowflake Royal Players play better when they are enjoying themselves. Olise does very little showboating that's dangerous or in areas where it is going to cost us if it goes wrong.

More power to them.

100%. The notion that you can coach the fun out of the game of Olise and that he'd remain as effective is bollocks.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2020 15:35

Sanguine
Snowflake Royal Players play better when they are enjoying themselves. Olise does very little showboating that's dangerous or in areas where it is going to cost us if it goes wrong.

More power to them.

100%. The notion that you can coach the fun out of the game of Olise and that he'd remain as effective is bollocks.

I'd be training him to shout "Ole' every time he bamboozled someone personally.

141 posts