Back from the actual game

141 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the actual game

by SCIAG » 05 Dec 2020 21:42

muirinho
Zip
NewCorkSeth Could easily see a 20 million bid coming in.

Not sure we would sell him for that.

Went into transfermarkt to check on his age - he's 19 next week - but what caught my eye is that they have him down as coming to us from Chelsea as a free transfer in 2015.

(a) does that mean that some of his fee might have to go back to Chelsea?
(b) it would certainly put losing Jack Stacey into perspective!

Believe he was released by Chelsea which would mean they forfeit any EPPP payments.

In the event of an international transfer, Chelsea would be entitled to FIFA solidarity payments, as would any other club who had him after the age of 12 (and up to 23). This amounts to up to 5% of the transfer fee. Fortunately, most of the solidarity payments would be due to us...

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 05 Dec 2020 22:01

NewCorkSeth
windermereROYAL
NewCorkSeth Just pray we can keep him past January..

It`s going to take a serious amount of money for us to accept on offer, the way to push our promotion push off the rails would be to let him go.

Could easily see a 20 million bid coming in.

windermereROYAL

It`s going to take a serious amount of money for us to accept on offer, the way to push our promotion push off the rails would be to let him go.

A 1 year yo-yo is worth £200m. Currently I'd rate us at about a 30% chance to be promoted, probably half that without him. Therefore £20m seems to be a bad deal imo.

donh99

by donh99 » 06 Dec 2020 00:21

Old Man Andrews How damn good is Tom Holmes? No coincidence that since Esteves was dropped we have had positive results.

... and Meite came back into the team after his injury.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 06 Dec 2020 07:05

Was there any booing at the Mad Stad when the players took the knee ,I cant wait to get back.

"Millwall and Derby players were met with boos when taking a knee in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement as fans returned to the Den on Saturday".

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 06 Dec 2020 08:57

Chameleon A 1 year yo-yo is worth £200m. Currently I'd rate us at about a 30% chance to be promoted, probably half that without him. Therefore £20m seems to be a bad deal imo.

#Science

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 06 Dec 2020 09:13

karbota Was there any booing at the Mad Stad when the players took the knee ,I cant wait to get back.

"Millwall and Derby players were met with boos when taking a knee in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement as fans returned to the Den on Saturday".

I didn’t hear any at Madejski. There was just rapturous applause and cheering, everyone was buzzing for the game to get going

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2020 09:58

royalp-we
karbota Was there any booing at the Mad Stad when the players took the knee ,I cant wait to get back.

I didn’t hear any at Madejski. There was just rapturous applause and cheering, everyone was buzzing for the game to get going

There was one guy who thought he was a bit of a wag who shouted out something when they were kneeling. No idea what he said. He said a few things throughout the game.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Dec 2020 10:12

Good win.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Dec 2020 10:14

Poor fishing attempt....

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2020 10:19

Cabral - 8 had little to do and did it very well
Holmes - 8 growing into the RB slot and more effective going forward, did lose his man on their fk though
Richards - 8 consistently good
Moore & Morrison - 8 excellent partnership
Rinomhota & Laurent - 8 excellent partnership
Meite - 8 always a threat, shame that rocket didn't go in
Ejaria - 8 seemed to play at a slightly higher tempo
Olise - 8 he's just sublime
Joao - 8 his scoring record is just incredible

What's most impressive is that all over the pitch the players are moving and playing as units. I've harped on in the past about football being a game where good partnerships are the key... forget great individuals, good players playing well together are better any day of the week for me... well we've got some great players playing together. All over the pitch the teamwork and interplay is blossoming.

You can't really talk about the CBs as individuals, they're pair who work together seamlessly. The CMs are the same if not even more so.

Joao and Meite are getting there. Richards and Ejaria. Olise and everyone.

It's really great to see.

1 conceded and 2.7 ppg in 7
15 conceded and 0.6 ppg in 5
3 conceded and 2 ppg in 4

We've certainly recovered. Now time to just keep it up plugging away.

JC
Hob Nob Regular

by JC » 06 Dec 2020 10:49

I don't know who the jokers were on the TV commentary were but it was incredibly biased. It was Forest this, Forest that and vary rarely did they grudgingly mention us at all. Even when we were 2 up and strolling they were still rabbiting on about what Forest needed to do to get back in the game. I would rather have paid £10 to get Tim Dellor back

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 06 Dec 2020 10:51

Apologies if someone has already posted this;but did anyone else notice how far their goalie was off his line on our penalty?It was a good two foot.Would it have been retaken ,if he saved it ?De Gea under VAR was about an inch off his line when he saved a penalty earlier in the season;but VAR spotted it and it was retaken.
Where do the assistants stand on penalties ?Shouldn't they be where the net posts are ,to be able to check the line ?Standing in line with the goal posts would mean their line of sight could well be obscured.
I felt the ref yesterday had a very good game until about the last twenty minutes,when his performance absolutely dropped off.Perhaps it’s difficult to keep maximum concentration going for the full 90,never mind fitness levels.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2020 10:54

Westwood52 Apologies if someone has already posted this;but did anyone else notice how far their goalie was off his line on our penalty?It was a good two foot.Would it have been retaken ,if he saved it ?De Gea under VAR was about an inch off his line when he saved a penalty earlier in the season;but VAR spotted it and it was retaken.
Where do the assistants stand on penalties ?Shouldn't they be where the net posts are ,to be able to check the line ?Standing in line with the goal posts would mean their line of sight could well be obscured.
I felt the ref yesterday had a very good game until about the last twenty minutes,when his performance absolutely dropped off.Perhaps it’s difficult to keep maximum concentration going for the full 90,never mind fitness levels.

Jnr said the same about the ref. He did make some odd decisions in the latter stages although nothing that impacted upon the game.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2020 11:00

JC I don't know who the jokers were on the TV commentary were but it was incredibly biased. It was Forest this, Forest that and vary rarely did they grudgingly mention us at all. Even when we were 2 up and strolling they were still rabbiting on about what Forest needed to do to get back in the game. I would rather have paid £10 to get Tim Dellor back

You must’ve had different commentators as the ones on sky couldn’t stop praising our players, especially Olise.

Even if they did talk about Forest a little more, that’s to be expected as a) they have a bigger fan base and you’re always going to want to appeal to the masses and b) if they continue like this, they’re in all sorts of trouble, which is a big story.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Dec 2020 11:04

Chameleon
NewCorkSeth
windermereROYAL

Could easily see a 20 million bid coming in.

windermereROYAL

A 1 year yo-yo is worth £200m. Currently I'd rate us at about a 30% chance to be promoted, probably half that without him. Therefore £20m seems to be a bad deal imo.

That is a gross revenue figure which assumes expenses, such as players wages, stay flat. It's demonstrably bollocks.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 06 Dec 2020 11:07

Pauno said that there was a chant for him? What was it?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2020 11:10

genome Pauno said that there was a chant for him? What was it?

I think it was just the give us a wave chant.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2020 11:11

Pauno Pauno Pauno etc

We also sang at him to give us a wave.....it took a while for him to realise.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Dec 2020 11:38

Hendo
JC I don't know who the jokers were on the TV commentary were but it was incredibly biased. It was Forest this, Forest that and vary rarely did they grudgingly mention us at all. Even when we were 2 up and strolling they were still rabbiting on about what Forest needed to do to get back in the game. I would rather have paid £10 to get Tim Dellor back

You must’ve had different commentators as the ones on sky couldn’t stop praising our players, especially Olise.

Even if they did talk about Forest a little more, that’s to be expected as a) they have a bigger fan base and you’re always going to want to appeal to the masses and b) if they continue like this, they’re in all sorts of trouble, which is a big story.

Yes, the Sky coverage was very favourable to us. Completely unlike Quest who once again relegated us to the middle of their coverage, had no post match interviews and spent all the time talking to their in-studio pundits about Forest. Not one mention of us in the post-match analysis that I can recall. Someone associated with RFC must really have p*ssed off Quest in the past!

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 06 Dec 2020 12:33

Hendo

I think it was just the give us a wave chant.

A wave goodbye?

141 posts