Back from the actual game

141 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Back from the actual game

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 17:17

Oh it was so good to be back despite the chore of getting to the ground with the M4 closed.
It felt great to see supporters back at the game. We need to enjoy Michael Olise whilst we have him.

Rafael 8 Very little to do but the point blank save early on was superb and very important
Holmes 7 He is a real aerial threat in the opposition box. Got caught out on occasions
Moore 8 Comfortable and great to hear him barking orders to the team “Too slow too slow” A proper leader
Morrison 9 Superb positioning and a cracking header
Richards 8. So much more physical these days and on top of his game again
Laurent 9 Dominant again and dovetailed brilliantly with Rinomhota
Rinomhota 8 Tenacious, showed great pace, one awful pass
Ejaria 8 Worked his socks off and the usual trickery
Olise 9.5 MoTM One poor set piece otherwise unbelievably good. He has everything. Privileged to have watched that.
Meite 7 Not quite his day but showed some nice touches and some good runs
Joao 7 Quiet game but as usual some nice touches and another goal

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the actual game

by windermereROYAL » 05 Dec 2020 17:28

Yep great to be there again. enjoyable even if my sodding glasses kept misting up because of the face mask.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 17:38

windermereROYAL Yep great to be there again. enjoyable even if my sodding glasses kept misting up because of the face mask.

I gave up wearing mine for the same reason
Didn’t try any of the food stalls but there seemed a good number there.
Last edited by Zip on 05 Dec 2020 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Dec 2020 17:41

Zip
windermereROYAL Yep great to be there again. enjoyable even if my sodding glasses kept misting up because of the face mask.

Didn’t try and of the food stalls but there seemed a good number there.

Wearing what, the mask or the glasses?, I`m blind as a bat without my verifocals.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Dec 2020 17:42

Atmosphere was good too. Surprising amount of vocal support and people just seemed happy to chat with whoever they happened to be sat next to.
I reckon we should do all our home games like this !

Was one idiot sat behind me who kept criticising the players. Hard to believe with us soon control he had to keep finding fault, at top volume.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Dec 2020 17:43

A memorable and special occasion. Credit to the club for the seamless organisation. Great team performance. Well drilled, hardworking and disciplined. Against a team which was set-up to frustrate.

Looking forward now to Wednesday's game.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Dec 2020 17:49

Couldn't watch the game, so just seen the very brief highlights. That pen would deffo have been a free kick for the keeper on Wednesday night! Holmes a bit lucky again with Taylor's chance, would love to see him get a run at CB at some point this season.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 05 Dec 2020 17:54

windermereROYAL
Zip

Wearing what, the mask or the glasses?, I`m blind as a bat without my verifocals.

+1 though I’ve learned a sneaky exposed nostril technique beloved of Amazon delivery persons.

Seemed more than 2k people.

Shame we can’t sing, defectively or otherwise.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 17:55

windermereROYAL
Zip

I had to wear the mask but gave up on the glasses.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 05 Dec 2020 17:57

I wonder whether the 2000 is just paying punters. There were lots of player families sat in the East Stand so perhaps comps aren’t counted in the permitted numbers ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Dec 2020 18:02

What a performance to get the fans back for - looked brilliant and the fans made plenty of noise on tv. Even the sky comms are starting to blow smoke up our backsides

Olise and Laurent superb again. Olise we know about but what’s the deal with JL? How has he been knocking about div1 for the last few years? I’ve not seen a better midfielder in the division this year. Absolute quality - so much the player we’ve needed the last 4 or 5 years. Huge thanks to Mark Bowen for the best of leaving presents

9 Olise, Laurent
8 Ejaria, Richards
7 Moore, Morro, Rafael, Rino, Holmes (though he needs to up his game defensively)
6 Joao, Meite

Subs: whatevs

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 05 Dec 2020 18:11

Watching on TV there seemed to be some mighty big family groups in certain areas- were the stewards doing anything to maintain the social distancing ?(every other seat)

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 18:17

Royals and Racers Watching on TV there seemed to be some mighty big family groups in certain areas- were the stewards doing anything to maintain the social distancing ?(every other seat)

Where we were everyone kept their distance, Great directions btw. Thanks for that.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 05 Dec 2020 18:34

Hound What a performance to get the fans back for - looked brilliant and the fans made plenty of noise on tv. Even the sky comms are starting to blow smoke up our backsides

Olise and Laurent superb again. Olise we know about but what’s the deal with JL? How has he been knocking about div1 for the last few years? I’ve not seen a better midfielder in the division this year. Absolute quality - so much the player we’ve needed the last 4 or 5 years. Huge thanks to Mark Bowen for the best of leaving presents

9 Olise, Laurent
8 Ejaria, Richards
7 Moore, Morro, Rafael, Rino, Holmes (though he needs to up his game defensively)
6 Joao, Meite

Amirite in thinking Laurent is only on a two year deal?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 18:41

Pepe the Horseman
Hound What a performance to get the fans back for - looked brilliant and the fans made plenty of noise on tv. Even the sky comms are starting to blow smoke up our backsides

9 Olise, Laurent
8 Ejaria, Richards
6 Joao, Meite

Amirite in thinking Laurent is only on a two year deal?

You are “rite”.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 05 Dec 2020 18:49

This is a tight knit group where the players compliment each other. Ejaria has most certainly upped his work ethic since last season. Tracked back well today.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Dec 2020 18:52

9 Olise, Laurent
8 Ejaria, Richards
6 Joao, Meite

He's stepped up super well. His earlier games were a bit quieter and had a few more loose passes and errors, but he's really grown into the Championship very quickly. That goal has especially given him a boost I think. And playing in a winning team has to help a lot too.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Dec 2020 19:05

If Laurent doesn’t get them. Rinomhota will. They work as a partnership and it’s brilliant to see.

Olise is something else. His vision, his passing, his composure, his skill. Another assist today and he would have had two had it not been for the handball. The way he created space for himself was so impressive. I’m struggling to think of a better performance from a Reading player than that.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Dec 2020 19:06

Nameless Atmosphere was good too. Surprising amount of vocal support and people just seemed happy to chat with whoever they happened to be sat next to.
I reckon we should do all our home games like this !

Was one idiot sat behind me who kept criticising the players. Hard to believe with us soon control he had to keep finding fault, at top volume.

Suspect it may be the clown who in normal circumstances sits behind me in Y21. He always has to have at least two regular scapegoats and normally kicks off with his moaning soon after the game itself kicks off. I've had a few exchanges with him. He's very much a blood and thunder, hoof if forward type merchant. God help any skilful, less physical players who lose the ball.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Dec 2020 19:09

Zip If Laurent doesn’t get them. Rinomhota will. They work as a partnership and it’s brilliant to see.

There was one occasion that might have been missed by those actually at the game. One of their players countered quickly wide down our left in the second half. Laurent managed to get back sufficiently to get a half challenge in and slow up the player before Rinomhota thundered in with his challenge to put the ball out of play. At that point Laurent and Rinomhota embraced each other.

141 posts