270 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by injury problems

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 15:58

retro royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal

Well, for a start, drill the team. Don't play Olise upfront, Baldock RW and Esteves LB.

Play defensively and squeeze e the space in our half. Spoil, look for a draw and maybe squeak a win. We've pressed high in numbers, but without organisation and been wide open.

Poor. Poor. Poor.

Yep painfully naive. We should have flooded midfield today and tried to frustrate.
Ejaria is playing well.

Can't agree with Ejaria, he's been poor for weeks, and today terrible, example all the defenders in box after corner loads of time to put ball in the box, and he plays it back, terrible decision making not for the first time

He created a chance for Semedo with some lovely skill and then a lovely pass to Laurent to create another chance. He is the only one creating anything.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 19 Dec 2020 15:58

tidus_mi2 Look, we're playing our 4th choice as a striker, a young right back at left back, a young centre back at leftback and have our 2 main goal scoring threats out, this was always going to be an uphill task but we did ourselves no favours conceding the first goal in such a comical fashion and have had to open up to chase the game which Brentford have exposed.

If we're still in contention by the time our injured players come back that will be a bonus.

Like we are the only club with injuries? Yes we are short upfront but at least make us hard to beat! The last two games we have just gifted goals to the opposition. How many other teams are 3 down at half time?
He is another Stam only has one way of playing, no plan b. We had Al Habsi to bail us out then.
Can’t rely on this keeper he always has an error in him.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Dec 2020 15:59

retro royal
Zip
Snowflake Royal

Well, for a start, drill the team. Don't play Olise upfront, Baldock RW and Esteves LB.

Play defensively and squeeze e the space in our half. Spoil, look for a draw and maybe squeak a win. We've pressed high in numbers, but without organisation and been wide open.

Poor. Poor. Poor.

Yep painfully naive. We should have flooded midfield today and tried to frustrate.
Ejaria is playing well.

Can't agree with Ejaria, he's been poor for weeks, and today terrible, example all the defenders in box after corner loads of time to put ball in the box, and he plays it back, terrible decision making not for the first time

He's probably looked the most likely to create anything, but still frustrating the arse off me.

I think I just don't like the way he plays.

yuomi

by yuomi » 19 Dec 2020 16:00

3 shots on target, 3 goals.

We were always going to struggle today with the injuries we've got, but it's getting particularly difficult to defend Rafael.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 16:00

Bristol Paul If we had a bigger squad and not a stupid amount of injuries, I would have thought Cabral, Morrison, Rhino and Semedo should be dropped for that first half performance. None of the the above outfield players managed a successful pass of more than 6ft between them, and their control is dreadful. Cabral just makes too many errors.

We still sit off teams, even when defenders rush up to the attacker they stand off, whereas the Brentford players fly in and hassle them off the ball. Expected a defeat today, but too many players having shockers, even with the injuries.

It’s definitely time to drop Rafael. One shocking mistake too many.

jt_1871

by jt_1871 » 19 Dec 2020 16:01

Snowflake Royal
retro royal
Zip
Ejaria is playing well.

He's probably looked the most likely to create anything, but still frustrating the arse off me.

+1

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Dec 2020 16:02

Zip
Bristol Paul If we had a bigger squad and not a stupid amount of injuries, I would have thought Cabral, Morrison, Rhino and Semedo should be dropped for that first half performance. None of the the above outfield players managed a successful pass of more than 6ft between them, and their control is dreadful. Cabral just makes too many errors.

We still sit off teams, even when defenders rush up to the attacker they stand off, whereas the Brentford players fly in and hassle them off the ball. Expected a defeat today, but too many players having shockers, even with the injuries.

After a string of decent saves against Norwich and in the last couple of games too.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 19 Dec 2020 16:03

Jackson Corner
tidus_mi2 Look, we're playing our 4th choice as a striker, a young right back at left back, a young centre back at leftback and have our 2 main goal scoring threats out, this was always going to be an uphill task but we did ourselves no favours conceding the first goal in such a comical fashion and have had to open up to chase the game which Brentford have exposed.

If we're still in contention by the time our injured players come back that will be a bonus.

Like we are the only club with injuries? Yes we are short upfront but at least make us hard to beat! The last two games we have just gifted goals to the opposition. How many other teams are 3 down at half time?
He is another Stam only has one way of playing, no plan b. We had Al Habsi to bail us out then.
Can’t rely on this keeper he always has an error in him.

Not sure there's a lack of a Plan B, more a lack of viable options to implement
a Plan B.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 19 Dec 2020 16:03

Snowflake Royal
retro royal
Zip
Ejaria is playing well.

Jeez, ya think. :lol:

You moan about him every game.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 16:04

Snowflake Royal
Zip

After a string of decent saves against Norwich and in the last couple of games too.

I felt he should have retained his place after his poor run and since then he’s done ok but we are letting in so many goals. He needs time out of the side.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 19 Dec 2020 16:05

I don't think I've ever seen us have a worse run of injuries than we have.

Joao, Puscas, Meite, Swift, Yiadom, Gibson, Richards.

That's 6 key first teamers out there. Can guarantee 6 of them would be in our 11 if fit. Our injury record in the last 6-7 years has been appalling. I think ours is worse than most clubs. Probably a reason why we've had such a bloated squads in recent years.
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 19 Dec 2020 16:12, edited 1 time in total.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 19 Dec 2020 16:08

Royal_jimmy I don't think I've ever seen us have a worse run of injuries than we have.

Joao, Puscas, Meite, Swift, Yiadom, Gibson, Richards.

That's 6 key first teamers out there. Can guarantee 6 of them would be in our 11 if fit. Our injury record in the last 6-7 years has been appalling. I think ours is worse than most clubs. Probably a reason why we've had such bit bloated squads in recent years.

I mentioned elsewhere that there has to be a question mark about the conditioning of our players. I can’t ever recall four players being out injured at the same time due to hamstring injuries.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Dec 2020 16:08

With it absolutely pissing it down maybe we'll get lucky and the game will be abandoned, about the only hope we have to avoid a defeat right now.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Dec 2020 16:09

tidus_mi2 With it absolutely pissing it down maybe we'll get lucky and the game will be abandoned, about the only hope we have to avoid a defeat right now.

beat me to it

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 19 Dec 2020 16:15

bcubed
tidus_mi2 With it absolutely pissing it down maybe we'll get lucky and the game will be abandoned, about the only hope we have to avoid a defeat right now.

beat me to it

Actually what's more likely to happen is one of our players making an exuberant sliding tackle in the wet that ends in a sending off

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Dec 2020 16:18

Not much to be expected really. Injuries have really screwed the paper thin squad and it shows when playing the better sides, though obviously not helped by shocking defending. Wonder who’ll be added to the injury list after today.

Going to be a struggle against Luton in Boxing Day and then it’s onto Swansea and an awkward game at Huddersfield, so no let up.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 19 Dec 2020 16:23

3-1 great comeback?
Last edited by higher on 19 Dec 2020 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 19 Dec 2020 16:24

Aluko gives us a bit of hope.

Man did I ever think I would say that?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 19 Dec 2020 16:24

We don’t look fit enough and we’re badly organised.

That is down to the manager.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Dec 2020 16:24

Yay, we are being saved!

270 posts