MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by injury problems

270 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (a) sponsored by injury problems

by URZZZZ » 20 Dec 2020 00:28

tidus_mi2
URZZZZ Need to start playing players in their proper positions. We had a RB and a LB in the squad, yet we played a CB at RB and a RB at LB. It isn’t good enough I’m afraid

Seems to be following the trend of his predecessors of choosing players to a certain style rather than adapting his style to the available players

The injury excuse can only go so far too, you deal with it and make the most of what you have, and if that includes having to use some U23, so be it, I really dislike using players in their wrong position

Most of our losses we’ve given it a right good go but that’s two in a row where the tactics and implementation of them have been generally poor. Need to see a reaction next game

To what extent though? He decided Bristow wasn't ready and he was the only option we had for an in-position left back. We literally had a bench of youngsters + Aluko, it's all well and good saying we should play players in position but do you watch the U23 or U18 matches? Can you confidently say those players can make the step up?

It’s a fair point

But I could also have made a very accurate guess that an 18 year old RB who’s struggled enough in his natural position would struggle on the other side against one of the best RW’s in the league. It was almost setting him up to fail today

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 20 Dec 2020 08:38

Phil Parkinson is free, we should have had him years ago, wouldn't be in this mess today. Adie Williams talks a good game, could never understand why he never went into management, might be worth a punt, he would get those players going. Rita also would make a good a coach, very knowledgeable, and shes hot.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Dec 2020 09:32

Anyone else noticed that the racist troll has started posting a lot more trying to get reactions and attention the moment OMA got banned?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 20 Dec 2020 10:18

Snowflake Royal Anyone else noticed that the racist troll has started posting a lot more trying to get reactions and attention the moment OMA got banned?

When did Oma get banned?

Once upon a time .

by Once upon a time . » 20 Dec 2020 11:25

I read this site every day and have been doing so for quite a while . I have yet to see Karbota make a sensible comment , surely he must do it on purpose ! Phil Parkinson !

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 20 Dec 2020 12:58

Snowflake Royal Ejaria there was on to make a break.what does he do? Stop, hold off his man and pass back so Brentford have 10 players back in defence.

Brilliant Ovie. Really helpful. Definitely don't use any of your tricks one on one with a break on at 0-3 down.

He bores me...I can appreciate he has quality, but my god he’s so slow and his decision making leaves a lot to be desired at times. I actually think I prefer watching Aluko this season!

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 20 Dec 2020 14:22

Five more wins and we are safe.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Dec 2020 15:58

Crowbar6753 I see a few mentioning the gaffer being out of his depth and having to look over his shoulder's.

Has no track record to speak of. Good man management skills etc will only carrry him so far. The unwillingness to make substitutions late in the game maybe his way of expressing frustration at the owners.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 20 Dec 2020 19:22

Tbf to him, we've done pretty well when we didn't have most of our strike force injured.

It's a rare manager who deals with adversity perfectly. Look at Coppell and McDermott. Both had poor periods where it didn't work, both brilliant managers for us.

And it's not like he had a lot of options.

One of the reasons I'd probably risk mixing up the XI more, make a bit more available on the bench. Yeah, you can argue the XI is a bit weaker maybe, but at least you have options if it isn't working. Bit much to ask M-L, Onen, East, Bristow and Watson to turn games around from the bench.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 21 Dec 2020 09:56

Snowflake Royal Tbf to him, we've done pretty well when we didn't have most of our strike force injured.

It's a rare manager who deals with adversity perfectly. Look at Coppell and McDermott. Both had poor periods where it didn't work, both brilliant managers for us.

And it's not like he had a lot of options.

One of the reasons I'd probably risk mixing up the XI more, make a bit more available on the bench. Yeah, you can argue the XI is a bit weaker maybe, but at least you have options if it isn't working. Bit much to ask M-L, Onen, East, Bristow and Watson to turn games around from the bench.

Thats a fair point. Value of hoping the first XI can do the job vs value of having experienced players come on to change the game.

I'd be very interested to see which would be more beneficial. I lean towards your argument as it has the added benefit of giving those fringe players some real minutes where they can be proactive rather than reactive.

270 posts