What performance level do your players ratings signify.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

What performance level do your players ratings signify.

by Westwood52 » 18 Dec 2020 13:07

Some Hob Nobbers comment with player ratings after a game and some don’t ,fair enough.What level of performance do your numbers signify ?

Here’s my version:

10 Just about perfect.Got the points virtually on their own.Rarely given.

9 Excellent.Take a bow.

8 Very ,very good.No faults and some match defining moments.

7 Good.Deserves his inflated salary.Every player should aim for this.But such consistency across a whole season just about impossible.

6 Average. Did ok.Did their job.No more and no less.6 seems to be an average score across most fan zones.

5 Below par,but not embarrassing and not a serious liability.

4 Poor.They weren’t a disaster,but usually they have done something stupid or have struggled throughout.

3 Dont deserve their salary,and are in danger of being dropped for a long time.Lot of mistakes and really couldn’t cope.

2 Stunk the place out with what they are trying to do.Hardly got anything right.

1 Not only did they stink the place out,they didn’t try either.

0 Like 10;hopefully rarely given.So bad that they are an embarrassment and a couple of those in a row and we really don’t want to see them wear the shirt again.

TBF 4,3 and 2 ratings can be very close.Depends how bad the overall team performance is and if we lose badly.I am as guilty as anyone in not waiting a couple of hours after a game before applying individual ratings,as I usually feel so down after a loss.It is interesting how different fans rate a performance.There is a tendency to give a favourite player a higher rating,than say a player how you cannot be persuaded is anything other than useless.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: What performance level do your players ratings signify.

by Snowball » 18 Dec 2020 13:18

My ratings would be "For the Championship" not against Salah etc

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Dec 2020 11:54

Westwood52 Some Hob Nobbers comment with player ratings after a game and some don’t ,fair enough.What level of performance do your numbers signify ?

Here’s my version:

10 Just about perfect.Got the points virtually on their own.Rarely given.

9 Excellent.Take a bow.

8 Very ,very good.No faults and some match defining moments.

7 Good.Deserves his inflated salary.Every player should aim for this.But such consistency across a whole season just about impossible.

6 Average. Did ok.Did their job.No more and no less.6 seems to be an average score across most fan zones.

5 Below par,but not embarrassing and not a serious liability.

4 Poor.They weren’t a disaster,but usually they have done something stupid or have struggled throughout.

3 Dont deserve their salary,and are in danger of being dropped for a long time.Lot of mistakes and really couldn’t cope.

2 Stunk the place out with what they are trying to do.Hardly got anything right.

1 Not only did they stink the place out,they didn’t try either.

0 Like 10;hopefully rarely given.So bad that they are an embarrassment and a couple of those in a row and we really don’t want to see them wear the shirt again.

TBF 4,3 and 2 ratings can be very close.Depends how bad the overall team performance is and if we lose badly.I am as guilty as anyone in not waiting a couple of hours after a game before applying individual ratings,as I usually feel so down after a loss.It is interesting how different fans rate a performance.There is a tendency to give a favourite player a higher rating,than say a player how you cannot be persuaded is anything other than useless.

Pretty much as you describe, but with 3 through -11 almost exclusively used for players I dislike who regularly play badly and rhetoric purposes.

Saying that,if someone plays well I'll call it. Hence some 6s and 7s for Aluko this season.

Extra +/- point often for a key contribution, negative or positive....

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 19 Dec 2020 12:44

10 - perfect or scored a hattrick.
9 - incredible performance
8 - great performance
7 - very good performance
6 - good performance
5 - average performance
4 - below average performance
3 - poor performance
2 - bad performance
1 - very bad performance
0 - abysmal or scored 3 own goals.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 19 Dec 2020 14:34

Always considered 6 being par.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:49