MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Tony Barrass

340 posts
Vicky Pollard

Re: MATCHWATCH : Luton Town (h) sponsored by Tony Barrass

by Vicky Pollard » 26 Dec 2020 16:03

Pitch is truly awful but great to see us come out with intent and momentum, and 2 well worked goals.

Let's see this out quietly and without any more injuries - would be good to see Swift feature at some point.

JR

by JR » 26 Dec 2020 16:05

The second goal was a thing of beauty - will be hard to score a better team goal all season. And a cracking pass from Baldock.

Also nice to get a favourable screw up from a referee. We’ve had some shocking ones, but no idea how ref could think Tom Mc challenge outside area.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 26 Dec 2020 16:05

Terrific pass by Baldock for the second.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Dec 2020 16:06

NewCorkSeth
bcubed
NewCorkSeth I have it on video m8. The match is being filmed. Just go rewatch it with your "Ejaria slows down games and Baldock doesn't get service" tinted glasses off.

You seem to be ignoring my comments but of the people making comments on this you are in the minority

I'm still not sure how to upload images but this is the pass. Baldock standing still. The ball is intercepted exactly on the line of the penalty box. Baldock starts on the edge of the D. How was the ball played 6 or 7 yards ahead of him?

Just ask yourself "would Joao have scored that". The answer is yes. Because he wouldn't have been still.

You say I'm in the minority, fine. Our commentator teams said Baldock was caught on his heels. Matt Joy on twitter said Baldock was caught napping. Of course a first time pass would have been better. It always is if it works out.

Edit: doesn't look like the picture loaded.. here's the link. https://ibb.co/51f7WKq

How about:

Ejaria should have played it quicker but Baldock should have been more on his feet

And thus both could have done better?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Dec 2020 16:06

bcubed
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Nonsense.

I have it on video m8. The match is being filmed. Just go rewatch it with your "Ejaria slows down games and Baldock doesn't get service" tinted glasses off.

You seem to be ignoring my comments but of the people making comments on this you are in the minority

Only of those who the absent mods have approved.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Dec 2020 16:06

URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth
bcubed You seem to be ignoring my comments but of the people making comments on this you are in the minority

I'm still not sure how to upload images but this is the pass. Baldock standing still. The ball is intercepted exactly on the line of the penalty box. Baldock starts on the edge of the D. How was the ball played 6 or 7 yards ahead of him?

Just ask yourself "would Joao have scored that". The answer is yes. Because he wouldn't have been still.

You say I'm in the minority, fine. Our commentator teams said Baldock was caught on his heels. Matt Joy on twitter said Baldock was caught napping. Of course a first time pass would have been better. It always is if it works out.

Edit: doesn't look like the picture loaded.. here's the link. https://ibb.co/51f7WKq

How about:

Ejaria should have played it quicker but Baldock should have been more on his feet

Yep that. And please stop talking about it now

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Dec 2020 16:07

Hound
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth

How about:

Make me.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Dec 2020 16:07

That was a poor half of football. Could be a bottom of the table fixture.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 26 Dec 2020 16:08

Zip
skipper Do we really not have a striker on the bench?

Melvin-Lambert.

I *thought* he was, but the OneFootball app has him as a midfielder.

Thanks for clarifying. Might be worth giving him 15 minutes at the end?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Dec 2020 16:10

Lower West That was a poor half of football. Could be a bottom of the table fixture.

:shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2020 16:10

NewCorkSeth
bcubed
NewCorkSeth I have it on video m8. The match is being filmed. Just go rewatch it with your "Ejaria slows down games and Baldock doesn't get service" tinted glasses off.

Ffs the penalty area line is miles short of a decent pass to Baldock in that photo.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Dec 2020 16:11

Hound
URZZZZ
NewCorkSeth

How about:

Agreed. I'm sure Ian will find something else to attack Ejaria over the next time Ovie goes near the ball.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Dec 2020 16:11

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
bcubed You seem to be ignoring my comments but of the people making comments on this you are in the minority

Ffs the penalty area line is miles short of a decent pass to Baldock in that photo.

Hound asked us to stop.

By the way you are wrong.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Dec 2020 16:12

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

Hound asked us to stop.

Hound told us to stop

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Dec 2020 16:13

NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

Hound asked us to stop.

Yeah. I did ask nicely as well

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Dec 2020 16:14

Hound
NewCorkSeth
Snowflake Royal Ffs the penalty area line is miles short of a decent pass to Baldock in that photo.

Hound asked us to stop.

What you think of Holmes at CB so far? Seems quite comfortable so far.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Dec 2020 16:14

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth

Not if it's a good goalscoring striker who is on his toes ready to receive the ball.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Dec 2020 16:15

Hound

Didn't see that til after tbf. That was my last offering anyway. Staring him in the face and he can't see it.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 26 Dec 2020 16:16

NewCorkSeth
Hound
NewCorkSeth Hound asked us to stop.

What you think of Holmes at CB so far? Seems quite comfortable so far.

Yeah very good. Impressed

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Dec 2020 16:16

Also my last offering. Can't teach the blind how to see xx

340 posts