MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (a) sponsored by a no pressure game

429 posts
Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Swansea City (a) sponsored by a no pressure game

by Snowball » 26 Apr 2021 12:33

Snowflake Royal I whole heartedly back Barnsely's success.

Organised, energetic and no fun to play against. Anything else is snootiness. Which is a bit hypocritical seeing as we benefited similarly under McDermott.

That is very unfair on the McDermott team.

Sure they fought, had energy but they could play football.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Apr 2021 12:34

URZZZZ
Snowflake Royal I whole heartedly back Barnsely's success.

Organised, energetic and no fun to play against. Anything else is snootiness. Which is a bit hypocritical seeing as we benefited similarly under McDermott.

Yep, +1 here

IMO it’s what makes the Champ as good a league as it is. Different styles, different identities, each game is a different proposition to the next. As opposed to the Prem, where a lot of teams play the same way

In saying that, I do think Barnsley would struggle if they went up but good luck to them, will be cheering them on to go the whole way
absolutely.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 26 Apr 2021 14:19

Their last game epitomised why Barnsley will come straight back down if they earn promotion, they got incredibly fortunate with their goal, which on most other days would have been chalked off and they may have been reduced to 10. The game proceeded pretty one sided in Rotherham's favour with the Barnsley keeper having a blinder.

Frankly they should have been relegated last season but were saved by the dodgy situation at Wigan, I do think Brentford/Bournemouth/Swansea will have more about them to dislodge Barnsley over two games whoever ends up facing them.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Apr 2021 15:57

Samesies. Fully behind Barnsley in the playoffs.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 26 Apr 2021 16:10

tidus_mi2 Their last game epitomised why Barnsley will come straight back down if they earn promotion, they got incredibly fortunate with their goal, which on most other days would have been chalked off and they may have been reduced to 10. The game proceeded pretty one sided in Rotherham's favour with the Barnsley keeper having a blinder.

Frankly they should have been relegated last season but were saved by the dodgy situation at Wigan, I do think Brentford/Bournemouth/Swansea will have more about them to dislodge Barnsley over two games whoever ends up facing them.

Team having game off shocker in a pressurised position that they haven’t been in for a while now

Every team has pieces of luck for/against them through the course of the season - it’s about taking advantage of them which quite simply Barnsley have done and we haven’t

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 26 Apr 2021 16:46

Snowball
URZZZZ
Snowball

Totally agree. They should be docked 15 points for crimes against football.

I hate watching them, and Saturday's "goal" just about sums them up.

This ISN'T "sour grapes". I don't mind clubs punching above their weight and I was cheering for them when the managed last season's great escape. Bu the last 33 or so games the way they have played anti-football has been unpleasant.

It isn’t the greatest to watch, no, but IMO there isn’t much wrong with getting the ball in the box at an early opportunity

Certainly different to the standard norm nowadays of just walking it in and particularly us, who do the complete opposite and always look to play it back inside. We saw the damage of actually crossing the ball in the box yesterday with both of our goals coming from it as a result

Not worried about Long Ball, quite like it, but headless chickens and 28 Barnsley players on the near-post for corners, nah.

Not worried about long ball either
Its the constant overly aggressive play, niggly fouls, pressuring the ref etc. Its all the things I don't like about the championship.
And I don't mean pressing, when you haven't got the ball. (Something Reading cant deal with at all.) That can be done legitimately, but that's not what they do. They will not get away with this should they get into the Prem

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 May 2021 20:44

fartdad Great game

Hi fartdad!

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 May 2021 00:14

genome Samesies. Fully behind Barnsley in the playoffs.

Said it before want them to go up to get absolutely fcuked next season.

Awful anti football team. Really dreadful.

Ian Royal is wnaking himself off about them.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 03 May 2021 16:51

leon
genome Samesies. Fully behind Barnsley in the playoffs.

Said it before want them to go up to get absolutely fcuked next season.

Awful anti football team. Really dreadful.

Ian Royal is wnaking himself off about them.

Likewise

About Barnsley I mean, not IR.

429 posts