MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

384 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Jan 2021 17:21

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Hound Fantastic win. Looked the real deal today, fight back to win. Managed the game really well in the last ten - Baldock and Esteves both added loads when they came on

Obvs brilliant from Joao

Best result of the season Houndy considering their home form and the fact we were trailing at half time.
I do wonder if teams will be sniffing after Joao this month because he simply is a top flight striker playing in the Championship.

Just how well is Tommy Mac doing. After the mare against Coventry he got a sublime assist v the fakes, scored a cracker against Luton so nearly scored v Swansea and then got another assist.

Issue is, will teams pay what Dai wants? He won't let him go cheap. Our owners maybe are a bit too rigid in their transfer dealings when it comes to selling but I cant see them let him go for anything but silly money.

Sounds like Olise may be out of our hands, but I wouldn’t expect anybody else to go, even allowing for Richards' contract. If clubs are offering low ball £2-3m bids, why would we accept when we have a far better chance of promotion with him playing for us? As for Joao, sell in the summer if we don't go up, but no way we should sell in January.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2021 17:22

WestYorksRoyal
NewCorkSeth
Zip
Best result of the season Houndy considering their home form and the fact we were trailing at half time.
I do wonder if teams will be sniffing after Joao this month because he simply is a top flight striker playing in the Championship.

Just how well is Tommy Mac doing. After the mare against Coventry he got a sublime assist v the fakes, scored a cracker against Luton so nearly scored v Swansea and then got another assist.

Issue is, will teams pay what Dai wants? He won't let him go cheap. Our owners maybe are a bit too rigid in their transfer dealings when it comes to selling but I cant see them let him go for anything but silly money.

Sounds like Olise may be out of our hands, but I wouldn’t expect anybody else to go, even allowing for Richards' contract. If clubs are offering low ball £2-3m bids, why would we accept when we have a far better chance of promotion with him playing for us? As for Joao, sell in the summer if we don't go up, but no way we should sell in January.

Oh totally. We wouldn't get half the player Richards is for 5m right now.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 17:24

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Hound Fantastic win. Looked the real deal today, fight back to win. Managed the game really well in the last ten - Baldock and Esteves both added loads when they came on

Obvs brilliant from Joao

Yep and first and foremost our owners want promotion. Let Joao go and we can forget about promotion.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2021 17:24

Yep agreed keep Richards rather than 2m

If we went up he’d probably re-sign. Worth the gamble

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 02 Jan 2021 17:24

Their defence was a bit of a shambles and without Joao we probably lose or draw that game. He is absolutely brilliant. Good result though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2021 17:26

Zip
NewCorkSeth
Zip

Yep and first and foremost our owners want promotion. Let Joao go and we can forget about promotion.

No need to sell Joao at all. His value won’t go down too much over the next 5 months whatever he does and he is key to our season. 2 more years on his contract after this as well

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 17:33

Hound
Zip
Jackson Corner Great win but I still think Norwich,Brentford, Bournemouth, and Swansea are better than us.

Bournemouth yes. I certainly don’t think Swansea are. Norwich and Brentford maybe but not much in it.

Full strength we could beat them all I’m sure. We’re better than Swansea I’d say

Yep. If Swansea had so many key players out as we had on Wednesday we would have beaten them.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 02 Jan 2021 17:38

Brentford have to catch up with games now and have a cup semi to play, Bournemouth are behind on games too (tonight will not be an easy one against Stoke). I'm not sure if any of this helps but it puts pressure on them

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2021 17:40

Rusty royal Brentford have to catch up with games now and have a cup semi to play, Bournemouth are behind on games too (tonight will not be an easy one against Stoke). I'm not sure if any of this helps but it puts pressure on them

Brentford are good but I wouldn’t say they are necessarily better than we are. We look transformed with Joao back in - totally different proposition

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2021 17:41

Zip
Jackson Corner Great win but I still think Norwich,Brentford, Bournemouth, and Swansea are better than us.

Bournemouth yes. I certainly don’t think Swansea are. Norwich and Brentford maybe but not much in it.

I think we're fairly even with all of them.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Jan 2021 17:44

Has pauno does his post match interview yet? Any news on Joao?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 17:44

Snowflake Royal
Zip

So do I. We could easily have got something from Bournemouth. We really need a bit of luck with injuries from here on in. Keep Joao fit and we could finish top two.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2021 17:45

WoodleyRoyal Has pauno does his post match interview yet? Any news on Joao?

Just a cramp.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 02 Jan 2021 17:46

Zip
Snowflake Royal
Zip

So do I. We could easily have got something from Bournemouth. We really need a bit of luck with injuries from here on in. Keep Joao fit and we could finish top two.

Am I the only one who thought Bournemouth looked twice as good as us?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 02 Jan 2021 17:47

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Snowflake Royal I think we're fairly even with all of them.

They're by far the best team we've played this season imo. Not sure about twice as good though.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 02 Jan 2021 17:48

Zip

Really ? They all gave us a roasting when we played especially Brentford . But a lot can change between now and may.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 02 Jan 2021 17:54

Top 10-12 are all in with a shout of the play-offs. And in my opinion, there is not a lot to choose between the top 5-6 clubs.
A good run, free of injuries...and any of these clubs (including us) could go on a decent run.

Half way in. 40 points on the board. 80 and we are in the play-offs. 90, and we are knocking on auto promo.

Gonna be an interesting few months. Looking forward to it (better than hanging around the bottom 7-8 positions) :D

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Jan 2021 17:57

Brentford, Swansea and Norwich all played us in the middle of our big injury spell, we played Bournemouth in the middle of our horrible losing run and Meite only came off the bench late after recovering from injury. Would be interesting in the reverse fixtures if we have closer to our first team all playing.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2021 17:57

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Snowflake Royal I think we're fairly even with all of them.

They were very good second half. Not so much first.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 17:58

Jackson Corner
Zip

Really ? They all gave us a roasting when we played especially Brentford . But a lot can change between now and may.

Just look at all the players we had out v Brentford and Swansea. The scoreline flattered Bournemouth. It could easily have been 3-3 before Rafael’s error.

384 posts