MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

384 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jan 2021 17:59

Didn't we gift Brentford pretty much all their goals as well?

Easy to look good when you're gift-wrapped a 3-0 lead.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 18:00

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Snowflake Royal I think we're fairly even with all of them.

So do I. We could easily have got something from Bournemouth. We really need a bit of luck with injuries from here on in. Keep Joao fit and we could finish top two.

Am I the only one who thought Bournemouth looked twice as good as us?

They were very shaky defensively against us. They were very fluid going forward though and I think they are the best team in the division.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 18:02

Snowflake Royal Didn't we gift Brentford pretty much all their goals as well?

Easy to look good when you're gift-wrapped a 3-0 lead.

We certainly gifted the first with that shot Rafael let in but I thought their other goals were well worked.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 02 Jan 2021 18:13

NewCorkSeth
Zip
Snowflake Royal I think we're fairly even with all of them.

So do I. We could easily have got something from Bournemouth. We really need a bit of luck with injuries from here on in. Keep Joao fit and we could finish top two.

They bloody well should be with the amount of money in that squad. In fact they should be threatening the 106.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Jan 2021 18:18

Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth
Zip

They were very good second half. Not so much first.

Yeah we absolutely did a number on them first half, and were by far the better side. At 2-2 we were the better side as well until the long range goal. Even then we were one very good save away from a 3-3

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Jan 2021 18:38

Jackson Corner
Zip
Jackson Corner Great win but I still think Norwich,Brentford, Bournemouth, and Swansea are better than us.

Bournemouth yes. I certainly don’t think Swansea are. Norwich and Brentford maybe but not much in it.

Really ? They all gave us a roasting when we played especially Brentford . But a lot can change between now and may.

We drew at Swansea, how is that a roasting ?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 02 Jan 2021 18:45

Nameless
Jackson Corner
Zip
Bournemouth yes. I certainly don’t think Swansea are. Norwich and Brentford maybe but not much in it.

Really ? They all gave us a roasting when we played especially Brentford . But a lot can change between now and may.

We drew at Swansea, how is that a roasting ?

We were also the stronger side in the final 15 minutes.Swansea fans really rated their performance against us. I thought they were pretty ordinary

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 02 Jan 2021 18:50

Christ we`ve been top 6 most of the season, got a hugely talented squad,the best striker we`ve had in many years, after years of fighting relegation we are in a good place now, and we have people coming moaning about other teams that are arguably better than us.
FFS enjoy the moment. you never know, this might be our season. #justsayin.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jan 2021 18:55

If you weren’t such a miserable fcukker, I’d agree with you.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Jan 2021 18:57

Lower West
Royals and Racers
Lower West
Not allowed to travel.

Fake news !!! - they are there and available to hear on the audio purchase only- just not available on the video.

Same commentary as Radio Berkshire :roll:

All I could get on the Reading FC Ifollow audio was the Radio Leeds lot. Did anyone get the Radio Berks commentry on audio, if so how?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Jan 2021 19:15

The Royal Forester
Lower West
Royals and Racers Fake news !!! - they are there and available to hear on the audio purchase only- just not available on the video.

All I could get on the Reading FC Ifollow audio was the Radio Leeds lot. Did anyone get the Radio Berks commentry on audio, if so how?

I was wrong in saying they were at the ground- they were in the studio, doing the commentary off a feed of the match. This is why that you could only get their commentary if you purchased the audio ifollow only not the video/commentary i follow. I presume ifollow couldn`t synchronize their commentary from the studio with their picture output. Did you purchase audio only ? or the full match for £10 ?

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 02 Jan 2021 19:18

The Royal Forester
Lower West
Royals and Racers Fake news !!! - they are there and available to hear on the audio purchase only- just not available on the video.

If so, why?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 02 Jan 2021 19:19

Royals and Racers
The Royal Forester
Lower West

I was wrong in saying they were at the ground- they were in the studio, doing the commentary off a feed of the match. This is why that you could only get their commentary if you purchased the audio ifollow only not the video/commentary i follow. I presume ifollow couldn`t synchronize their commentary from the studio with their picture output. Did you purchase audio only ? or the full match for £10 ?

Never purchased the video option. Only listen to the audio version.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jan 2021 19:20

The Royal Forester
Lower West

Yes, Watched game on laptop and played BBCRB through the TV (Channel 719).The commentary started off in good sync but then got ahead a bit - I heard Aluko had missed just as he struck the ball! At that point I made do with picture only.

Loved the caller to BBCRB who told them how professional and unbiased the BBC Leeds commentary team were :lol: Poor old Ady ended up thanking him for the compliment!

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 02 Jan 2021 19:22

The Royal Forester
Royals and Racers
The Royal Forester All I could get on the Reading FC Ifollow audio was the Radio Leeds lot. Did anyone get the Radio Berks commentry on audio, if so how?

Never purchased the video option. Only listen to the audio version.

This is what Reading FC twitter said before the match
Reading Twitter says:

Please note that commentary for our iFollow video stream will be provided by BBC Radio Leeds.

BBC Radio Berkshire commentary will be still be available, but just as audio-only (not synced to the video stream).

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Jan 2021 19:23

I think the 2nd commentator was more like the Huddersfield version of Tim Dellor but he had a minor role in the duo and maybe that's the issue with BBCRB where Tim should be the minor option of a pair rather than "the voice of Reading football"

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 02 Jan 2021 19:24

Lol...you lot really want impartial commentary?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Jan 2021 19:28

Royals and Racers
The Royal Forester
Lower West

That’s odd as you could hear Tim Dellor prattling away in the background of the commentary !
The Radio Leeds team we’re very good, biased enough but not overly so. Fairly clued upon us.

Needle

by Needle » 02 Jan 2021 20:04

Dellor says some ridiculous things in commentary, and often gets the players wrong, but I'd much rather listen to a fan than the professional, unbiased, and dull as fcuk, commentary we had today.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 02 Jan 2021 20:31

Needle Dellor says some ridiculous things in commentary, and often gets the players wrong, but I'd much rather listen to a fan than the professional, unbiased, and dull as fcuk, commentary we had today.

Look I would not like to see them lose their jobs,but Tim just isn’t that good.I use to think Mick was very good ,but have noticed a decline this season. That said Jem was very poor and Dills not much better.Glen Little would be a welcome upgrade .Adie if anything is worse than Tim.

384 posts