St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (h)

by St Pauli » 29 Jan 2021 22:13

bcubed
St Pauli
leon
Eh? How?

We’ve hardly been given the West Germany treatment. (Play absolutely dirty and then dive like cnuts and get the decisions. Dirty fcuking cnuts)

Not massively in our favour, some soft challenges on Richards were given as fouls, and a foul on brooks in a dangerous position was given our way.

Just an observation and we deserve it after a series of shit refs.

Countless fouls by Bournemouth could have been given as yellow cards. There was a foul by Laurent that went our way but otherwise he did us no favours

Didn’t think there were that many potential yellows that weren’t given. The 3:1 victory is testament to that. Had Bournemouth been cynical and dirty like Preston we’d not have scored 3.

They played sportingly and lost 3:1.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 29 Jan 2021 22:13

bcubed I think the intensity was the big difference today
Everybody up for it and closing them down much more than in recent games
Let’s hope that can be continued (although I reckon it will only happen against a big side)

VP has them fired up for this run of games. Stoke are the last of the teams to inflict defeat on us in that run of 4 straight defeats. They will be focused on winning that one to get their revenge.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2021 22:15

Hound Brilliant stuff - excellent from everyone. Great team performance and even better when you see the likes of Yiadom and Meite coming off the bench

Shame about the goal conceded but small issue in another top class display. We should have scored another 2 or 3 as well

I’m ashamed to say Jnr was happy when the Muff scored and Esteves and Yaks missed those chances at the end. He is £100 better off. :lol:

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 29 Jan 2021 22:16

Stranded
Let’s hope that can be continued (although I reckon it will only happen against a big side)

VP has them fired up for this run of games. Stoke are the last of the teams to inflict defeat on us in that run of 4 straight defeats. They will be focused on winning that one to get their revenge.

Fantastic performance. Intensity and quality. But hopefully we don't see a drop in intensity after "revenge month" is over.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 29 Jan 2021 22:17

Quick go at the ratings, good to do tonight

10 McIntyre
9 Morro Richards Rino
8 Ejaria Swift Laurent Holmes Rafael Joao
7 Olise Semedo Meite Esteves Yiadom Aluko

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 29 Jan 2021 22:17

Good point - we’re much better to watch at pace. In fact, every team is better at a decent tempo. Why to teams slow it down so much?

Bournemouth didn’t just come and sit in...that suited us. We found space between their cbs and fbs. We’re very good at sucking up pressure and nicking the ball. When teams back off us and sit back, we struggle more. So you could point to Tindall for poor tactics tonight possibly. Even so, you’d expect them to have caused us more problems with their quality

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2021 22:18

Stranded

Yep agreed. That’s now 14 points from our last 6 games. We have 25 points from our last 14. So a great recovery. Just that poor run of four losses. Stoke next. Time to continue the revenge.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Jan 2021 22:23

Aluko was excellent in his brief spell on the pitch.

Olise was not on his game.

Joao’s attitude much better, and another fantastic goal. He just wrong foots defenders to create space to shoot with such ease.

McIntyre just gets better every week. He could very well be in Scotland’s squad in the Euros.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jan 2021 22:24

Interesting to hear what Pauno says about keeping injured players involved; like Puscas doing a little speech.

I like that.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Jan 2021 22:26

CountryRoyal Interesting to hear what Pauno says about keeping injured players involved; like Puscas doing a little speech.

I like that.

Yeh me too

Think the squad have a lot of time for him

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 29 Jan 2021 22:26

St Pauli
bcubed
St Pauli
Not massively in our favour, some soft challenges on Richards were given as fouls, and a foul on brooks in a dangerous position was given our way.

Just an observation and we deserve it after a series of shit refs.

Countless fouls by Bournemouth could have been given as yellow cards. There was a foul by Laurent that went our way but otherwise he did us no favours

Didn’t think there were that many potential yellows that weren’t given. The 3:1 victory is testament to that. Had Bournemouth been cynical and dirty like Preston we’d not have scored 3.

They played sportingly and lost 3:1.

Really don’t think that’s a sporting display, but whatever

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2021 22:26

Royal Rother Aluko was excellent in his brief spell on the pitch.

Olise was not on his game.

Joao’s attitude much better, and another fantastic goal. He just wrong foots defenders to create space to shoot with such ease.

McIntyre just gets better every week. He could very well be in Scotland’s squad in the Euros.

Spot on about Aluko. Really sharp. JLow always marks him down and only gave him a 5. He was a good 7.
Would love to see TMac in the Scotland squad. He really is turning into some centre back.

Jinx

by Jinx » 29 Jan 2021 22:27

Yeah absolutely loved what Pauno and Moore are saying. Really sounds like a superb atmosphere within the squad

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2021 22:28

CountryRoyal Interesting to hear what Pauno says about keeping injured players involved; like Puscas doing a little speech.

I like that.

I think it’s clever. Keeps the players part of the squad. Very good management.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jan 2021 22:28

Moore has spoken very well on SKY tonight.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Jan 2021 22:30

(@Aluko) Great defensive work on the left flank when we needed it....put in a decent ball (or two) up front.

At least one poster will defer otherwise

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 29 Jan 2021 22:33

Well that was just oxf*rd brilliant.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 29 Jan 2021 22:36

Been a long time coming but we look a very good side once again. so many false dawns in the last 8 years, it`s hard to get our hopes too high if we end up in the play-offs again given our record in them.

JR

by JR » 29 Jan 2021 22:40

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal McIntyre was an absolute rock. Hands down motm what a performance from the lad. And Laurent. Stand out performers

Remember all those people saying TMc was shit and not good enough after Preston, wasn't it?

Brilliant tonight and such a great attitude - love how Liam talks about him.

I also won a tidy sum on him scoring at any time - 20/1 were ridiculous odds. He won’t be that long again given he has chances most games at set pieces!

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 29 Jan 2021 22:43

windermereROYAL Been a long time coming but we look a very good side once again. so many false dawns in the last 8 years, it`s hard to get our hopes too high if we end up in the play-offs again given our record in them.

I hear ya, but wouldn't it be karma? I mean, we finished 2nd in the championship in the one year only one team went up. It would be suitable recompense if we went up via the play offs in the one year no one could be there in person to see it

461 posts