MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (h)

461 posts
NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (h)

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jan 2021 23:30

Zip Did I mention we are joint top scorers in the division. 8)

Doesn't matter if you did. Say it again. SHOUT IT OUT YOUR WINDOW.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jan 2021 23:39

WoodleyRoyal
RoyalBlue
royalp-we Don Goodman was pretty critical of the fouls Bournemouth were committing. No eyes on the ball for plenty of headers. I’m not sure Stacey’s will get pulled up though.

Goodman? Was that on Sky? If so, I think it was Andy Hinchliffe (Goodman didn't play as a left back) but that was the point he repeatedly made.

Hinchliffe seems to have quite a soft spot for us - less so, Goodman!

Yep it was hinchcliffe, and agreed he talked very well about us. Made for a nice change.

Even Goodman’s said some nice things about us this season, so you know somethings not right.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 29 Jan 2021 23:49

tidus_mi2
royalp-we Don Goodman was pretty critical of the fouls Bournemouth were committing. No eyes on the ball for plenty of headers. I’m not sure Stacey’s will get pulled up though.

I don't think it's possible to prove Stacey intended it.

Don't think there's any chance he did.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Jan 2021 00:20

St Pauli
bcubed
St Pauli
Not massively in our favour, some soft challenges on Richards were given as fouls, and a foul on brooks in a dangerous position was given our way.

Just an observation and we deserve it after a series of shit refs.

Countless fouls by Bournemouth could have been given as yellow cards. There was a foul by Laurent that went our way but otherwise he did us no favours

Didn’t think there were that many potential yellows that weren’t given. The 3:1 victory is testament to that. Had Bournemouth been cynical and dirty like Preston we’d not have scored 3.

They played sportingly and lost 3:1.

You’re apparently German so your concept of sporting behaviour leaves a lot to be desired.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 30 Jan 2021 00:21

Rax More than happy to be proved otherwise, but that's the best half of football I've seen from Reading since Coppell.

Exception being first half League Cup v Arsenal in the 5-7

I've said the same elsewhere, I agree.

Edit: I limited it to best first half.
Last edited by Chameleon on 30 Jan 2021 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Jan 2021 00:32

Chameleon
Rax More than happy to be proved otherwise, but that's the best half of football I've seen from Reading since Coppell.

Exception being first half League Cup v Arsenal in the 5-7

I've said the same elsewhere, I agree.

First half against Watford under Adkins was an absolute delight too.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jan 2021 00:49

Hound Quick go at the ratings, good to do tonight

10 McIntyre
9 Morro Richards Rino
8 Ejaria Swift Laurent Holmes Rafael Joao
7 Olise Semedo Meite Esteves Yiadom Aluko

Agree with most of this although would push Morrison up to a 10 too, neither him nor McIntyre gave Solanke a sniff tonight, excellent, Moore will struggle breaking in at this rate. Would also push Holmes to a 9, dodgy first 10 but really improved with an excellent block midway through the second half

Very satisfying to have two powerful, intelligent midfielders, defenders that can actually defend and Joao creating things from nothing. You build that strong spine to accommodate the likes of Swift, Olise and Ejaria (much better today). Not the other way around

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Jan 2021 00:50

Second half against Bristol city was bloody good too.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Jan 2021 00:58

Snowflake Royal
WoodleyRoyal McIntyre was an absolute rock. Hands down motm what a performance from the lad. And Laurent. Stand out performers

Remember all those people saying TMc was shit and not good enough after Preston, wasn't it?

Knee jerk reaction to a disappointing outcome

Does show the merits of not judging someone after one isolated game though and that players do need runs to get used to the flow of the game

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 30 Jan 2021 01:06

AthleticoSpizz Have what you want.

It was a deliberate foul.

Rubbish.
For a start we know that Stacey is just not the sort of person who would do that.
It was an unfortunate accident, his hand was waving around and clearly a finger caught Ovie’s eye . Nasty result but that’s simply not something you go out to do so openly.

elrey

by elrey » 30 Jan 2021 04:31

leon
St Pauli
bcubed
Countless fouls by Bournemouth could have been given as yellow cards. There was a foul by Laurent that went our way but otherwise he did us no favours

Didn’t think there were that many potential yellows that weren’t given. The 3:1 victory is testament to that. Had Bournemouth been cynical and dirty like Preston we’d not have scored 3.

You’re apparently German so your concept of sporting behaviour leaves a lot to be desired.

I lived in Germany and watched some German football. Never saw or heard anything wrong. Maybe a bit boring. The only places I've see racism at football grounds is Russia and at Reading games. There was the racist abuse from Reading fans against Shaka Hislop, way back, and some racist abuse from Leyton Orient fans among others. Only ever seen violence (off the pitch) at Reading games too. Swindon fans beating each other up was kind of satisfying.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 30 Jan 2021 05:54

leon
St Pauli
bcubed

On reflection there was I think two (2) dodgy challenges in the air that the ref didn’t give cards for and one was in the first 5 minutes when cards are rarely given and the ref did pull the player up for it.

Perhaps my assessment of it was in the absolute horror show served up by Preston and their ref.

No need to subject me to your Friday night drunken racist abuse though Leon.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2021 08:50

RoyalBlue
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal 50 / 50. Joao can't break contact. If he stays the gap isn't big enough even with Semedo being a wimp.

How can anyone blame Semedo for that? Joao got so far out of the way you’d think he planned it with Bournemouth.

Morrison and Rafael seemed pretty sure that Semedo was equally to blame (Aluko and Rinomhota could be seen having a go at Joao for his part in it).

I liked the slow mo replay where you saw Morro's fury at losing the clean sheets as he berates Semedo and Joao. Great attitude.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 30 Jan 2021 08:54

WestYorksRoyal
RoyalBlue
CountryRoyal
How can anyone blame Semedo for that? Joao got so far out of the way you’d think he planned it with Bournemouth.

Morrison and Rafael seemed pretty sure that Semedo was equally to blame (Aluko and Rinomhota could be seen having a go at Joao for his part in it).

I liked the slow mo replay where you saw Morro's fury at losing the clean sheets as he berates Semedo and Joao. Great attitude.

And rightly so, it cost us a place in the league. I hope pauno tears into them. Training this week should be these cardboard cut outs where Joao and semedo stick their arses through a cut out hole and the rest of the players launch footballs at them. Pair of pcunts

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 30 Jan 2021 09:25

We were excellent but can’t get over how bad Bournemouth were esp in the first half

How much must they have spent on Danjuma, Solanke, Billing, Brooks, Lerma (£30m? Bloody hell), Mepham, Rico, Kelly etc. Bar Brooks they were all utterly woeful

With no doubts huge wages for King, Begovic and others they can’t hope to sustain that side unless they go back up

Lerma and Billing - were particularly desperately poor. Prancing round the pitch. Absolutely rinsed by our freebie Laurent and Rino

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2021 09:37

Hound We were excellent but can’t get over how bad Bournemouth were esp in the first half

How much must they have spent on Danjuma, Solanke, Billing, Brooks, Lerma (£30m? Bloody hell), Mepham, Rico, Kelly etc. Bar Brooks they were all utterly woeful

With no doubts huge wages for King, Begovic and others they can’t hope to sustain that side unless they go back up

Lerma and Billing - were particularly desperately poor. Prancing round the pitch. Absolutely rinsed by our freebie Laurent and Rino

That Billing was oxf*rd dreadful.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jan 2021 09:43

Hound We were excellent but can’t get over how bad Bournemouth were esp in the first half

Brooks made a big difference when he came on. Glad he didn’t start.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2021 10:02

Rusty royal 5 clear of 6th too

Always nice to see you posting Rusty! Hope all is well?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Jan 2021 10:03

Zip

Brooks looked quality, as he did in the away fixture. Apart from that, a rancid record of overpriced poor recruitment. No wonder they came down.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Jan 2021 10:05

WestYorksRoyal
Zip

Brooks looked quality, as he did in the away fixture. Apart from that, a rancid record of overpriced poor recruitment. No wonder they came down.

Had Brooks just come back from injury? If not, it is odd he didn’t start as he looked their best player by some margin.

461 posts