MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (h)

461 posts
SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bournemouth (h)

by SCIAG » 31 Jan 2021 13:23

Pepe the Horseman
Hound Yeah no bitterness to him. Did wonder if maybe he’d cancel the Bournemouth deal and join us in this window but not heard anything on it

I got the impression Bournemouth paid a hefty loan fee, hence him being sent there over us. If that was the case then I don't think there'd be an option to recall.

In Football Manager, yes.

In real life it could probably be negotiated, either with Bournemouth’s consent or a partial refund if the contract allowed.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 31 Jan 2021 14:19

windermereROYAL Been a long time coming but we look a very good side once again. so many false dawns in the last 8 years, it`s hard to get our hopes too high if we end up in the play-offs again given our record in them.

I’m calling it now. We finally win the playoffs at Wembley...and none of us get to witness it!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Jan 2021 17:27

Notts Royal
windermereROYAL Been a long time coming but we look a very good side once again. so many false dawns in the last 8 years, it`s hard to get our hopes too high if we end up in the play-offs again given our record in them.

I’m calling it now. We finally win the playoffs at Wembley...and none of us get to witness it!

Think you'll find that's a given.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 Jan 2021 17:32

Notts Royal

well....I will be boycotting that one.

A known fact, that every playoff final that I have attended...we have lost :?

100% Simod Cup Final.....mind 8)

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2021 19:11

AthleticoSpizz
Notts Royal

I've seen us at Wembley 5 times

Scored 4 the first time, 3 the second, 2 the third, 1 the fourth and 0 the fifth
Presumably we lose to an own goal next time :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 Jan 2021 19:22

:lol:

royalp-we
Hob Nob Regular

by royalp-we » 31 Jan 2021 19:51

Brilliant :lol:

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 31 Jan 2021 21:25

I’m glad you buggers think it’s funny :wink:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Feb 2021 08:26

Franchise FC
AthleticoSpizz
Notts Royal

Scored 4 the first time, 3 the second, 2 the third, 1 the fourth and 0 the fifth

On behalf of everyone: Don't oxf*rd go.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2021 09:00

AthleticoSpizz
Notts Royal

Should that be... every playoff final we've ever had, whether you attended or not?

I don't know about pre-Simod days though, but didn't they start up not long before?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Feb 2021 09:23

Millsy
AthleticoSpizz
Notts Royal

Should that be... every playoff final we've ever had, whether you attended or not?

I don't know about pre-Simod days though, but didn't they start up not long before?

The only other PO final we have been in was played in Cardiff.
Seriously have to doubt anyone who thinks we might have played in finals before the Simod !

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 01 Feb 2021 09:35

NewCorkSeth
Franchise FC
AthleticoSpizz well....I will be boycotting that one.

I may not have the option :wink:

And I'm probably not alone in attending those 5

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Feb 2021 09:44

Franchise FC
NewCorkSeth
Franchise FC

We can't take that risk. You'll have to sit it out.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Feb 2021 09:46

Nameless
Millsy
AthleticoSpizz well....I will be boycotting that one.

The only other PO final we have been in was played in Cardiff.
Seriously have to doubt anyone who thinks we might have played in finals before the Simod !

Of course but I've seen 4 in my relatively short time as a fan, so only a brave or stupid man dismisses 117 years of history without checking!

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 01 Feb 2021 10:00

The performances have got steadily worse over the Play Offs;the FA semi we were actually very close to getting through.If only that last chance had fallen to John Mackie rather than the immobile Pog.
Trying to remember who actually played in the truly dreadful Huddersfield game (the most boring game I have ever been to ) and still at the Club.Only Swift and Moore ?I think a Wembley final would see Ovie,Olise,Jao and Swift tear it up.
There’s a chance fans might be able to attend.Half the country may well be vaccinated by the end of April,and the other half by and large wouldn’t even know they had Klung Flu.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Feb 2021 10:14

Westwood52 The performances have got steadily worse over the Play Offs;the FA semi we were actually very close to getting through.If only that last chance had fallen to John Mackie rather than the immobile Pog.
Trying to remember who actually played in the truly dreadful Huddersfield game (the most boring game I have ever been to ) and still at the Club.Only Swift and Moore ?I think a Wembley final would see Ovie,Olise,Jao and Swift tear it up.
There’s a chance fans might be able to attend.Half the country may well be vaccinated by the end of April,and the other half by and large wouldn’t even know they had Klung Flu.

Not acceptable, give your head a wobble.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 01 Feb 2021 11:50

Barely interacted with HNA last few seasons ... seen all the televised games this season.
Agree with most of this - good when the lowest mark in the starting line-up is 7/10.

windermereROYAL As we don't do BFTG anymore, here some marks.

Raphael 8, wasn`t overly tested but a couple of decent 2nd half saves.
Holmes 8, Was always going to be a challenge dealing with Danjuma but after the first 10 minutes dealt with him well, and that double block in the 2nd half :D
Morrison 8, stand out player this term, a rock, can`t remember a single bad showing this season, get his new contract sorted now.
MacIntyre 9, reminds me of Adie Williams, and he`s going to get better, outstanding young player.
Richards 8, tested a bit 2nd half when Brooks came on, but stood up well to the task, 2nd most successful tackles in the championship this season, another jewel who we will lose if we don`t go up.

Rino 9, outstanding again a rock in front of the back 4.
Larent 10. has there ever been a better free transfer at this club? playing in the lower leagues all his career is a joke, gem of a player and compliments Rino so well.
Ejaria 8, back to the player we know he can be no more beating himself , pace and vision.
Olise 7, didn`t think he had his greatest game but was effective in what he did, another assist from a goalkeeping error.
Swift 7, good first half but got sloppy in the 2nd, rightly subbed.

Joao 7, when he does it well like when he scored its subline when he tries it and it doesn`t come off he looks clumsy, thankfully that is rare, has to take responsabilty for their goal though.

Subs.
Esteves 6, looked lively maybe should have done better when through on goal, tested the keepers hands with a fierce shot late on.
Aluko 6, did well for his 18 minute cameo.
Meite 6, only on for 8 minutes but had 2 half chances looked lively.
Semedo 6, didn`t really notice him too much apart from the parting of the red sea when they scored.
Yiadom 6, not really on long enough to judge but a 6 just for being a part of an outstanding team peformance.

Wonder what Riquelme`s thoughts were on this when he`s been warming the Cherries bench all season when he could have been a part of this exciting project?

MacIntyre deserved his MotM. Holmes really promising. Ejaria a joy to watch and ... what he said.

I see everyone is getting ahead of themselves with play-off predictions, but this does look like the best Reading side I've seen for many a year, better even than the Butler / Forster / Cureton days for excitement and anticipation.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Feb 2021 12:16

Franchise FC
NewCorkSeth
Franchise FC

Bolton
Walsall (Millenium)
Swansea
Huddersfield

Arsenal (FA Cup Semi)

Here too.

No Simod. :cry:

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 01 Feb 2021 12:19

Hendo
Westwood52 The performances have got steadily worse over the Play Offs;the FA semi we were actually very close to getting through.If only that last chance had fallen to John Mackie rather than the immobile Pog.

Not acceptable, give your head a wobble.

Yeah I have been listening too much to Alex Bellfield.Sorry.Even I know Katie Hopkins isn’t quite the full loaf.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 01 Feb 2021 22:39

Yup I’ve been to all apart from the Simod Final

Well it is a bit selfish...but we are owed the Wembley winning experience! So for me, I want either autos or bottle it (with the squad kept in tact for us to win the league next year)!

Football is all about the fans, so as much as I’m enjoying the games, nothing beats being there and celebrating with the players

461 posts