Jayden Onen
    Oliver Pendlebury
    Omar Richards
    Sam Smith
    Luke Southwood
    Dejan Tetek
    Sam Walker
    Tennai Watson

Of the above we’re told the club are talking to McIntyre and Richards (though it will probably take quite something to persuade Omar to turn down any definite interest from Bayern Munich) while I expect that Aluko, Baldock, East, Smith, Walker and Watson to all be released.

Of the remainder I would expect the younger professionals; Bristow, Nevers, Tetek, Pendlebury, Southwood and Onen to be offered something while I reckon Morrison is definitely worth at least another year.

I also think it’s worth highlighting the senior professionals out of contract in 2022 as the club will hopefully have them on the radar this year. These players are:

Felipe Araruna
    Tom Holmes
    Josh Laurent
    Mark McNulty
    Michael Olise
    Rafael
    Andy Rinomhota
    John Swift
    Andy Yiadom

Think we can all work out the obvious priorities from that list, and, overall a very busy time for the club to plan ahead, just hope it isn’t left too long before starting to talk to key players.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Out of Contract 2021 & 2022

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2021 14:44

Yep. Need to start talks with McNulty ASAP. Glad we all agree.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 04 Feb 2021 14:49

Paunovic has stated he wishes to keep Michael Morrison. Doesn’t care about how old the players are, as long as they perform to a high level he’s happy to keep playing them.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2021 14:53

TiagoIlori Paunovic has stated he wishes to keep Michael Morrison. Doesn’t care about how old the players are, as long as they perform to a high level he’s happy to keep playing them.

Thing with Morro is, do we want to make the same mistake brum did? He wanted a 2 year deal and I bet they gambled on him declining physically and moving towards retirement. If he asks for a 2 year deal we should give it to him. If he starts to decline we have Holmes and McIntyre coming through but, honestly, he doesn't look like he's dealing any time soon. Played every minute to a very high standard at that.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 04 Feb 2021 15:00

Sign, in approximate priority order:

Omar Richards (5 years)
Tom McIntyre (5 years)
Michael Morrison (2 years)
Luke Southwood (3 years)
Dejan Tetek (3 years)
Thierry Nevers (3 years)
Oliver Pendlebury (2 years)
Ethan Bristow (2 years)
Jayden Onen (2 years)

Release (barring huge increases in appearances and performances):
Sone Aluko, Sam Baldock, Ryan East, Sam Walker, Tennai Watson, Sam Smith

Then for next year, I would immediately start negotiations with Holmes (until 2024), Laurent (until 2025), Olise (as long as he'll sign for), Rinomhota (until 2025), and Swift (as long as he'll sign for). Unless we get promoted or they drop out of the side, I would look to give Rafael and Yiadom two-year extensions during next season. As it stands, McNulty and Araruna can go, although I wouldn't be surprised if Araruna earns a new contract.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Feb 2021 15:27

NewCorkSeth
TiagoIlori Paunovic has stated he wishes to keep Michael Morrison. Doesn’t care about how old the players are, as long as they perform to a high level he’s happy to keep playing them.

Thing with Morro is, do we want to make the same mistake brum did? He wanted a 2 year deal and I bet they gambled on him declining physically and moving towards retirement. If he asks for a 2 year deal we should give it to him. If he starts to decline we have Holmes and McIntyre coming through but, honestly, he doesn't look like he's dealing any time soon. Played every minute to a very high standard at that.

I guess the problem with Morro is that he could hit the same wall McShane did at any time, none of us really saw that coming either.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 04 Feb 2021 16:10

If Morro was just a squad player I would be tentative about giving him a 2 year contract but he's played almost every game this season, I think there's enough there to suggest he'll still be a useful squad player during his next two years even if he does decline due to age. Hopefully his next contract will see the graceful transition of the likes of McIntyre and Holmes to more regular first team football, obviously both are taking their opportunities very well right now but there are question marks over what happens when the likes of Moore and Yiadom are back and fit.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 04 Feb 2021 16:38

NewCorkSeth

Problem is at Birmingham he was still in his peak, was stupid only giving him a one year deal- is a 35 year old Morrison our best option? I can see him being slowly phased out next season if we gave him a two year deal then used like O’Shea was in his sole season with us- is it a waste of wages having him around or will he provide a useful example for our many younger bright defensive players? He’s never been reliant on his pace, but it does still get to a point where being so slow means it is noticeably costing us goals.

The club needs to think long and hard, any outcome is a risk and I don’t think he would sign just a one year deal given he willingly left everything he had at Birmingham to be a third choice centre back for us at the time- of course he turned out to become arguably our most important defender this season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Feb 2021 16:42

reckon Morro would sign happily enough for another year now. Seems to like it here

Otherwise, yeah we really need to look at RIno and Laurent in the summer urgently. Laurent esp is getting some admiring glances I reckon, and not just from Seth

Has Swift really only got 1 year left? Thought he signed a 5 year deal 3 years ago after our Play off season
Last edited by Hound on 04 Feb 2021 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 04 Feb 2021 16:44

The rumour is that Richards either has or still plans to sign a pre contract with Bayern. Hopefully we can persuade him to hold off until the end of the season just in case we get promoted - then he will be playing PL next season with us.

We can but hope.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2021 16:52

Hound reckon Morro would sign happily enough for another year now. Seems to like it here

Otherwise, yeah we really need to look at RIno and Laurent in the summer urgently. Laurent esp is getting some admiring glances I reckon, and not just from Seth

Has Swift really only got 1 year left? Thought he signed a 5 year deal 3 years ago after our Play off season

Who else dare look upon the form of my beloved Josh? I shall smite them.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 04 Feb 2021 17:01

NewCorkSeth Yep. Need to start talks with McNulty ASAP. Glad we all agree.
About leaving sooner?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 04 Feb 2021 17:05

andrew1957 The rumour is that Richards either has or still plans to sign a pre contract with Bayern. Hopefully we can persuade him to hold off until the end of the season just in case we get promoted - then he will be playing PL next season with us.

We can but hope.

Think that might be a bit too risky on Omar's part, if he gets crocked between now and the end of the season, he could see his once in a lifetime chance go up in smoke.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2021 17:10

Forbury Lion
NewCorkSeth Yep. Need to start talks with McNulty ASAP. Glad we all agree.
About leaving sooner?

About firing us to the prem m8.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Feb 2021 21:52

If we go up then contracts will be a moot point. I get the feeling once the ffp shackles are off dai will be desperate to spunk his millions at last. Replacing our perfectly adequate squad who we have all fallen in love with, with a bunch of Kia’s men from around the globe and a load of premier league cast offs.

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 05 Feb 2021 13:50

If we go up, and it's a big if, I can't see any players going. Even Richards.

They'll want to be part of a success story. As others have already said, Richards will be our number 1 left-back, playing week in week out in the Premiership.

We will need to replace Aluko though, not necessarily like for like, but certainly in squad size, and that Rossi guy would certainly fit the bill. I do kind feel bad for Aluko now. He's had a good season for us, it's a shame that couldn't have come earlier in his career for us!

If we don't go up, how do we keep the squad together? It's all to play for, and dead exciting.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 05 Feb 2021 13:54

So if Richards has signed a pre-contract agreement with another club is it binding? In which case he will be leaving whether we secure promotion or not.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Feb 2021 14:00

UpNorth So if Richards has signed a pre-contract agreement with another club is it binding? In which case he will be leaving whether we secure promotion or not.

Correct.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 05 Feb 2021 14:49

WoodleyRoyal If we go up then contracts will be a moot point. I get the feeling once the ffp shackles are off dai will be desperate to spunk his millions at last. Replacing our perfectly adequate squad who we have all fallen in love with, with a bunch of Kia’s men from around the globe and a load of premier league cast offs.

That sounds horribly feasible

MM

by MM » 28 Feb 2021 19:53

Posted on Rumours page too.

I'm not the primary source, but I have been reliably informed that the Richards pre-contract deal with Bayern Munich is already a done deal and the news will be released officially to the press within the next few days. Disappointing for the club and the fans, but let us give him our full support for the rest of his spell at the club. That means no social media nonsense too please.