Adam Federici - Still going strong

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Adam Federici - Still going strong

by The Royal Forester » 12 Feb 2021 21:34

AthleticoSpizz The only keeper that I have seen score 2 goals

I saw Arthur Wilkie score two goals in one game. Mind you he got injured and went off and came back with his hand bandaged up, played as a Centre Forward and scored two goals. This was before subs were allowed of course. For the life of me I cannot remember who went in goal to replace him, anyone care to enlighten me? By the way I seem to remember we won that game by two goals(?).

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Feb 2021 21:36

Didn't Arthur Wilkie score 2 for us in 1 game?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 12 Feb 2021 22:00

Big-up for the Arthur Willkie (before my time :wink: )

Feds goals were spread over two games....saw them both :D

spaghettihoops

by spaghettihoops » 13 Feb 2021 06:33

From Despair To Where?

From Wiki:
On 31 August 1962, in a match against Halifax Town, Wilkie suffered a back/hand injury. Wilkie was thus utilised as a winger for the rest of the game, scoring twice in a 4–2 win.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 13 Feb 2021 11:58

spaghettihoops
From Despair To Where?

From Wiki:
On 31 August 1962, in a match against Halifax Town, Wilkie suffered a back/hand injury. Wilkie was thus utilised as a winger for the rest of the game, scoring twice in a 4–2 win.

I thought he came back on as a centre forward, (see my previous post) but I am wrong according to Wiki. But as it was nearly 60 years ago, I will forgive myself. Where have all those years gone? At least I was right about winning by two goals though.

The Cube

by The Cube » 14 Feb 2021 18:59

The Royal Forester
spaghettihoops
From Despair To Where?

From Wiki:

I thought he came back on as a centre forward, (see my previous post) but I am wrong according to Wiki. But as it was nearly 60 years ago, I will forgive myself. Where have all those years gone? At least I was right about winning by two goals though.

Nowhere near old enough to remember but I have checked a few books, and the combined information I have is:

Wilkie got a back injury after 12 minutes and went off, with Maurice Evans (usually left wing-half) going in goal. Wilkie returned to the pitch after half-time.

Sequence was injury, 1-0, half-time, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 (Wilkie), 3-2, 4-2 (Wilkie diving header)

Incidentally, that 's more goals by an injured goalkeeper in one half than the utterly useless forward Paul Brayson managed in 49 games. And some people still insist that Brayson was a good signing.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 14 Feb 2021 19:36

The Cube
The Royal Forester
spaghettihoops From Wiki:

Nowhere near old enough to remember but I have checked a few books, and the combined information I have is:

Wilkie got a back injury after 12 minutes and went off, with Maurice Evans (usually left wing-half) going in goal. Wilkie returned to the pitch after half-time.

Sequence was injury, 1-0, half-time, 1-1, 2-1, 3-1 (Wilkie), 3-2, 4-2 (Wilkie diving header)

Incidentally, that 's more goals by an injured goalkeeper in one half than the utterly useless forward Paul Brayson managed in 49 games. And some people still insist that Brayson was a good signing.

Thanks Cube. Maurice Evans going in goal is no surprise, I am sure this wasn't the only time he went between the sticks.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Feb 2021 19:37

The Cube

To be fair, its mainly Blyth Spartans fans who say that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Feb 2021 19:48

Newcastle Benfield...still hammering ‘em in I believe