MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h)

336 posts
WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h)

by WoodleyRoyal » 13 Feb 2021 16:54

Jinx What a bunch of whiners! You'd think we are bottom of the league

+1 it’s embarrassing

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Feb 2021 16:54

Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman
bloody Volvo driver Why won’t he make subs earlier. 72 hours after a tiring game and 1 sub in first 85 minutes despite, once again running out of puff on 70. He has to learn it’s a 15 man game

Because our bench is shit?

There's plenty there to have an effect.

There’s fcuk all quality but I agree with you - if pauno has zero intention of ever using them why bring them at all! If it’s not working why not try something else, if nothing else fresh legs.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 13 Feb 2021 16:55

Gibson for Baldock......like for like....utter shite.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Feb 2021 16:55

Jackson Corner Joao x is playing on reputation soo as Meite is fit get him in than that lazy prick.

Yep, been saying for a while that Joao may be a superb converter of half-chances but he’s not for me.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 13 Feb 2021 16:56

royalp-we No Plan B. That’s the problem.

We just swap players like for like. Need to find another system should we struggle to put teams to the sword.

Without Swift and Meite;Pauno had nowhere to go.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Feb 2021 16:56

We didn’t get going. Poor first half. The scoreline flattered us at half time. Joao’s miss was crucial. We have to try and dig in and secure top six. Automatic promotion is gone.
Very disappointing.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Feb 2021 16:56

Royal Rother
Jackson Corner Joao x is playing on reputation soo as Meite is fit get him in than that lazy prick.

Yep, been saying for a while that Joao may be a superb converter of half-chances but he’s not for me.

He’s wasted at least two really good opportunities in the last two games.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Feb 2021 16:56

Pepe the Horseman Meanwhile Watford are beating Bristol City 6-0.

They have a easy game in the week to bounce back.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Feb 2021 16:57

Zip We didn’t get going. Poor first half. The scoreline flattered us at half time. Joao’s miss was crucial. We have to try and dig in and secure top six. Automatic promotion is gone.
Very disappointing.

Agree, very disappointing.

Even if we showed half of the level of performance that we did against Brentford we’d have won this quite comfortably.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2021 16:58

CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal
Pepe the Horseman Because our bench is shit?

There's plenty there to have an effect.

There’s fcuk all quality but I agree with you - if pauno has zero intention of ever using them why bring them at all! If it’s not working why not try something else, if nothing else fresh legs.

We were winning. So we disrupt our defence rather than replace a defensive midfielder playing in attack, or fresher our wide player. Or bring on Baldock to hassle from the front because Joao doesn't really do that.

Plenty of options. Not brilliant ones, but plenty good enough against Millwall.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 13 Feb 2021 16:58

Utterly ridiculous waste of 3 points and Pauno 100% at fault today. Ridiculous odd substitutions and we got exactly what we deserved out of that game.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Feb 2021 16:59

CountryRoyal
Royal Rother

Hopefully Puscas will be back soon so Joao can be benched. He's got too comfortable being a starter every game without his place being under threat.

alfie9

by alfie9 » 13 Feb 2021 17:00

Yiadom for Holmes with 15 minutes left when 1-0 up is comfortably the worst substitution of the season.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2021 17:00

You don't lose 6 home games out of 15 and hope to go up.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2021 17:00

Poor result. But it happens against teams like Millwall, they just hang in and take their chances. We didn’t. They got a bit of luck with a lucky shot through ball and a deflected cross - we deflected onto the bar

Not sure taking Holmes off actually made any difference tbh. Not that I would have done it.

Not wetting the bed over it. Poor result but nothing is easy in this league. Need to just bounce back on Tuesday

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 13 Feb 2021 17:01

One for the manager to take some of the blame. If we could get so up for it against Brentford, should have put as much effort into the game today. Don’t create a lot of chances and whilst I rate Ejaria, he does need to move the ball quicker at times.

Olise not a patch on Swift in my view, and needed to compete a lot more that we did. Millwall will never be much more than mid table with that sort of football, but will also always be hard to beat. Should have played it around a lot quicker to tire them, but were too slow not for the first time this season.

Injuries and lack of ability to change the game from the bench still killing us.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Feb 2021 17:01

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Snowflake Royal There's plenty there to have an effect.

We were winning. So we disrupt our defence rather than replace a defensive midfielder playing in attack, or fresher our wide player. Or bring on Baldock to hassle from the front because Joao doesn't really do that.

Plenty of options. Not brilliant ones, but plenty good enough against Millwall.

Yep why take off a defender playing well when we haven’t conceded? It felt like a change Pauno had decided to make prior to kick off. His subs have been very poor recently.
I didn’t think at any stage we looked comfortable.

Brain Traysers

by Brain Traysers » 13 Feb 2021 17:01

Pauno seriously needs to reconsider his rotation of key players. He's unwilling to rest anyone until the game is safe, but they players are too exhausted to be sharp enough to put a game to bed. Its creating a vicious circle as those key players play yet another full 90 further compounding it. We will be lucky to avoid more injuries at this rate

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Feb 2021 17:02

CountryRoyal
Royal Rother

He prefers the difficult chances.

He comes across humble enough in interviews (trained cliche ridden media responses though, it has to be said) but my impression of him as a player is that it’s all about him, and if things aren’t going his way he is not someone you can rely on to fight for the team.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Feb 2021 17:02

Jackson Corner
Pepe the Horseman Meanwhile Watford are beating Bristol City 6-0.

They have a easy game in the week to bounce back.

Definitely. Their manager must be rubbing his hands at the prospect of the most charitable club in the country coming to play them.

I bet Ainsworth can't wait to get us to Adams Park in a few weeks time either.

336 posts