MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h)

336 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Millwall (h)

by windermereROYAL » 11 Feb 2021 21:56

This will be a difficult game as it always is against them, good away record with 5 wins, could be our first home draw of the season.

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 12 Feb 2021 08:19

quickwingerswife The pressures off getting automatic promotion now and I’m quite glad cos we will get crucified in the Premiership as our team is now. Have a look. Swift. Injury prone. Olise, is he as good as we’re all claiming and is he off soon? Richards, great player but his heads been turned and he won’t stay. Joao, selfish, moody not a team player etc etc.

Realism. Play offs a good lark for us all, but really not vital we get in the prem.

Millwall next, let’s just have a good game and be thankful for what we’ve got. I’m quite happy with Championship.

Imagine being a Sheffield United supporter right now.

If we went up, I'd say no

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Feb 2021 08:53

quickwingerswife The pressures off getting automatic promotion now and I’m quite glad cos we will get crucified in the Premiership as our team is now. Have a look. Swift. Injury prone. Olise, is he as good as we’re all claiming and is he off soon? Richards, great player but his heads been turned and he won’t stay. Joao, selfish, moody not a team player etc etc.

Realism. Play offs a good lark for us all, but really not vital we get in the prem.

Millwall next, let’s just have a good game and be thankful for what we’ve got. I’m quite happy with Championship.

Moot point. The starting XI we have this season would not be the starting XI we have next season if we go up.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Feb 2021 09:13

Hendo

Moot point. The starting XI we have this season would not be the starting XI we have next season if we go up.

This is also technically a stronger squad than the one promoted with McDermott. We have a number of players more suited to the PL than the Championship.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Feb 2021 09:15

Hendo

You'd obviously strengthen. I think the team showed capabilities to play at a fast intense level on Wednesday that you'd need in the Prem. But of course there'd have to be a number of signings

The likes of Brighton and Sheff U did manage to stay up reasonably comfortably without completely overhauling their squads. Leeds and Wolves have obvs done more than just survive by building on very good champ sides with a couple of extra high class signings.

West Brom really didnt seem to prepare well for the season, not quite sure what they were expecting. Fulham have actually competed pretty well without really getting the points they should with much the same side as went up. Would certainly feel a lot more confident than if we'd gone up with Stam where realistically probably only Moore could have made the step up at the time.

I could see us doing ok if we went up. We've the right profile of players in that they are generally quite young and at a good technical level

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 12 Feb 2021 09:23

Zip
Hendo

This is also technically a stronger squad than the one promoted with McDermott. We have a number of players more suited to the PL than the Championship.

Agreed.

Hound
Hendo

You'd obviously strengthen. I think the team showed capabilities to play at a fast intense level on Wednesday that you'd need in the Prem. But of course there'd have to be a number of signings

The likes of Brighton and Sheff U did manage to stay up reasonably comfortably without completely overhauling their squads. Leeds and Wolves have obvs done more than just survive by building on very good champ sides with a couple of extra high class signings.

West Brom really didnt seem to prepare well for the season, not quite sure what they were expecting. Fulham have actually competed pretty well without really getting the points they should with much the same side as went up. Would certainly feel a lot more confident than if we'd gone up with Stam where realistically probably only Moore could have made the step up at the time.

I could see us doing ok if we went up. We've the right profile of players in that they are generally quite young and at a good technical level

Also agreed.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Feb 2021 10:37

Hendo
Zip
Hendo

Agreed.

Hound
Hendo

Also agreed.

Assuming we never had any injuries I agree our first team would probably do ok, the only change I’d really like to see is maybe a better keeper. Rafael’s reflexes and reactions are good, but often his positioning is suspect he his absolutely beyond atrocious with the ball at his feet.

But we would have to drastically improve our squad depth, and suspect our starting defence might need strengthening too in reality.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 Feb 2021 11:23

CountryRoyal
Hendo
Zip

Agreed.

Hound

Also agreed.

Assuming we never had any injuries I agree our first team would probably do ok, the only change I’d really like to see is maybe a better keeper. Rafael’s reflexes and reactions are good, but often his positioning is suspect he his absolutely beyond atrocious with the ball at his feet.

But we would have to drastically improve our squad depth, and suspect our starting defence might need strengthening too in reality.

Agreed. Rafael has cost us a good number of goals too. A bit fortunate to still be first choice.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 12 Feb 2021 17:02

windermereROYAL This will be a difficult game as it always is against them, good away record with 5 wins, could be our first home draw of the season.

Yes - I'm thinking a draw, then hopefully win at Bristol with their injury crisis.

On the subject of injuries Puscas has posted a pic on twitter suggesting he's not far off...be great to have him back

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Feb 2021 18:00

Zip
CountryRoyal
Hendo
Agreed.

Also agreed.

Agreed. Rafael has cost us a good number of goals too. A bit fortunate to still be first choice.

Raphael is a decent stopper but he doesn`t stand up to what we normally expect, the other night when he pushed the ball out to Toney was just the latest in a lengthening list of errors this season, any keeper worth his salt would know you push the ball out to the sides rather then back out into the danger area.
IMO that position should be top of our priorities in the summer.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Feb 2021 14:01

Holmes and Gibson in for Yiadom and Richards

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2021 14:01

4 CBs in the starting 11 today then....

Guessing Yiadom and Richards need a rest

What it does do is give us more attacking options on the bench - Richards, yiadom and Esteves can all play wide mid

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Feb 2021 14:03

So nothing like consistency with getting good performances from the team and the reward is to bog about with the full backs. This will not go well.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Feb 2021 14:06

Twitter is melting down.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Feb 2021 14:17

Completely understand re Yiadom, just back from long term injury and a compressed run of games coming up, Holmes gives us more height too and they will lump balls in to the box as always.

Don't get Richards decision though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Feb 2021 14:19

Possibly a bit injured? There’ll be a reason I’m sure

No Wallace for them. Bod starting. Good news for us

Looking at how they are lining up would have to fancy a tight game. We should be able to dominate the midfield tbh

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 13 Feb 2021 14:27

This is a weird lineup

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Feb 2021 14:39

Hound 4 CBs in the starting 11 today then....

What it does do is give us more attacking options on the bench - Richards, yiadom and Esteves can all play wide mid

Please stop going on about players needing a fcuking rest.
The other day posters said about young Olise needing a rest which is understandable but Richards?

I wonder if this is Pauno over-reacting a bit to the opposition and their aerial attack.
It would be understandable if we were away going for a point but at home when you are 5th in the division I would have thought the focus would have been on the way that we play, not the opposition.

Anyway it could well work out and with Bournemouth only drawing just now I wouldn't be too disappointed in a draw.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Feb 2021 14:49

Hound 4 CBs in the starting 11 today then....

Is it more about nullifying Millwall? They could cause us problems at set pieces.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Feb 2021 14:50

Mid Sussex Royal Completely understand re Yiadom, just back from long term injury and a compressed run of games coming up, Holmes gives us more height too and they will lump balls in to the box as always.

Don't get Richards decision though.

Both of them struggled a bit against Brentford.

On top of that, Holmes and Gibson will be able to compete much better at each end at set pieces.

336 posts